Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7687 7688 [7689] 7690 7691 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769389 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115320 on: October 29, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »

In a class today it turned out that basically no one had done some of the readings. The professor spent about ten minutes shaming everyone and then dismissed the class early. I am continually pleased and amazed that professors like that still exist among the sea of soft-touch types.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115321 on: October 29, 2013, 03:43:24 pm »

Sucks to be the ones who actually did do the reading.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #115322 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »

But right now this is how I feel: I need to write because I have a message to whisper to you. Just for you. It's pure, and whole, and has laserbots fighting alien dinosaurs.
Fix'd.

Not disagreeing with you, but some peoples' definitions of 'beauty' are far more awesome than others' =D
I'd love to read a book about cyborg gorillas fighting ghost mummies that is also an excellent metaphor for the human condition.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115323 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:17 pm »

But right now this is how I feel: I need to write because I have a message to whisper to you. Just for you. It's pure, and whole, and has laserbots fighting alien dinosaurs.
Fix'd.

Not disagreeing with you, but some peoples' definitions of 'beauty' are far more awesome than others' =D
I'd love to read a book about cyborg gorillas fighting ghost mummies that is also an excellent metaphor for the human condition.
You a fan of silver age comic books, then? :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115324 on: October 29, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »

Sucks to be the ones who actually did do the reading.
I'm about 95% certain that nobody had actually read the... two? Yeah, I think two articles that he was (reasonably) pissed about, out of something like eight or nine for that specific session. I'd actually gotten through almost all of them, but hadn't finished because reasons (like imminent due dates, other readings, and laziness). Though to be fair I should have prioritized the one that he wrote, rather than the ones that were interesting.

3. Run Resize Enable

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115325 on: October 29, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »

I don't have anything to really be happy about except that I'm not feeling depressed or lonely for a change.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115326 on: October 29, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »

I have wrestled with a piece of code the entire day and it's finally working.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115327 on: October 29, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

What's a resonant frequency?

When you sing a thing's resonant frequency, it vibrates.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115328 on: October 29, 2013, 04:05:14 pm »

*insert vibrator joke here*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #115329 on: October 29, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »

You have no idea how "hilarious" endocrinology is with all the invaginations >.>

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115330 on: October 29, 2013, 04:19:11 pm »

-sinp-
As of this moment, you are no longer able to completely immerse yourself into a book and the story thereof. You will now always stop and think about the author's intentions, choice of words, used metaphors and hidden meanings instead of being able to completely absorb the story. You will now have a few more reasons to think that books are good (but only the kind of books that you read in literature class) and you will have many more reasons to think that books are bad (all sorts of books).

You are now a literature expert. I am so, so sorry. :P

Sorry, nope. I'm pretty much the literary anti-analyst.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115331 on: October 29, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »

You have no idea how "hilarious" endocrinology is with all the invaginations >.>
Just wait until you start reading about cleavage, geological or political!

3. Run Resize Enable

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115332 on: October 29, 2013, 05:40:43 pm »

-sinp-
As of this moment, you are no longer able to completely immerse yourself into a book and the story thereof. You will now always stop and think about the author's intentions, choice of words, used metaphors and hidden meanings instead of being able to completely absorb the story. You will now have a few more reasons to think that books are good (but only the kind of books that you read in literature class) and you will have many more reasons to think that books are bad (all sorts of books).

You are now a literature expert. I am so, so sorry. :P

Sorry, nope. I'm pretty much the literary anti-analyst.
Aand Darvi is LeoLeonardo. Seriously people, would you please just once stop being each other all the time.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115333 on: October 29, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

There's geological cleaveage?

*considers geology as a vocation*

Meh, probably sounds way more interesting than it is.

Anyways, since we don't have an indifference thread or something, and this is borderline happy, C&C Generals 2 (or whatever they were calling it) has been canned.
I guess it's a good thing EA listens to testers since it saves a lot of people the trouble of wasting time on shitty products :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115334 on: October 29, 2013, 05:45:02 pm »

There's geological cleaveage?

*considers geology as a vocation*

Meh, probably sounds way more interesting than it is.
Trust me, you're right.
Unless you're into that kinda thing, I guess.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 7687 7688 [7689] 7690 7691 ... 13325