Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7638 7639 [7640] 7641 7642 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764261 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114585 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

I just have to share this.
http://imgur.com/gallery/3a6VBni
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114586 on: October 18, 2013, 10:11:21 am »

The urinal represents the internet?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114587 on: October 18, 2013, 10:16:46 am »

* RedKing smacks Bauglir with the literal-bat.

Also, today is my GF's birthday and she was thrilled with her gift (an audiobook of Neil Gaiman's latest novel), and I'm picking up my daughter early from school so we can go to the State Fair and she can ride her first roller coaster and Ferris wheel and probably eat something deep-fried.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114588 on: October 18, 2013, 10:19:13 am »

The state fair is an excellent exercise in skepticism. What's a scam? What isn't? What am I likely to get sick and die from eating? Why do the mountain people spend so much time coming down here for this?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114589 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:26 am »

* RedKing smacks Bauglir with the literal-bat.
Leave that poor flying mammal alone .

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114590 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:20 am »

The state fair is an excellent exercise in skepticism. What's a scam? What isn't? What am I likely to get sick and die from eating? Why do the mountain people spend so much time coming down here for this?
I'm not sure if it's mountain people or hillfolk or perhaps the tribes of the coastal plains. Perhaps all three.

Now, you want to see a fine display of "The Hills Have Eyes"-type shit, go to the Lexington Barbecue Festival some time. I did that once. Once.
I think just by being in attendance, me and my small group of friends raised the average number of teeth per mouth rather considerably, and lowered the Confederate flag quotient at the same time.  :-\

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114592 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:19 am »

The manager handed me an application, and told me to fill it out over the weekend so I could be hired next week. Huzzah, paid employment!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114593 on: October 18, 2013, 03:10:51 pm »

I'm not sure if it's mountain people or hillfolk or perhaps the tribes of the coastal plains. Perhaps all three.

Now, you want to see a fine display of "The Hills Have Eyes"-type shit, go to the Lexington Barbecue Festival some time. I did that once. Once.
I think just by being in attendance, me and my small group of friends raised the average number of teeth per mouth rather considerably, and lowered the Confederate flag quotient at the same time.  :-\

Heh, if you want a real "fun" time, go to the Knob Creek gun show. It's one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen, and I say that remembering that I was chased by a guy with a running chainsaw at a cut-rate haunted house in some slumlord's apartment block when I was seven years old.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114594 on: October 18, 2013, 03:58:43 pm »

Someone tell me, what's the longest forum thread on the internet right now?
I feel like this is arguably one of the longer ones out there, though prolly not THE longest.

[/offtopic-ish]

On topic, I had a nostalgia strike today, with this. Gotta praise my friend for that.
Granted it's not a topnotch game, but damn, it was still fun for what it did back then.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:00:36 pm by DarkDXZ »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114595 on: October 18, 2013, 04:27:05 pm »

I feel like this is arguably one of the longer ones out there, though prolly not THE longest.

[/offtopic-ish]

On topic, I had a nostalgia strike today, with this. Gotta praise my friend for that.
Granted it's not a topnotch game, but damn, it was still fun for what it did back then.
Looks like ghetto, casual F-Zero.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114596 on: October 18, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »

Look here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum

For example this one is close to 4 million replies. I am sure there are longer ones, didn't really look around much but been active there years ago and remember having seen pretty huge threads. click me
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114597 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:19 pm »

I am not gonna click that link.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114598 on: October 18, 2013, 05:41:46 pm »

Look here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum

For example this one is close to 4 million replies. I am sure there are longer ones, didn't really look around much but been active there years ago and remember having seen pretty huge threads. click me
Spoiler: not gonna click that. (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114599 on: October 18, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

Why are these guys so adamant about not cl- *rollover*

;_;
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 7638 7639 [7640] 7641 7642 ... 13325