Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7571 7572 [7573] 7574 7575 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762934 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113580 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:24 am »

Also my leg is bleeding.
I don't know why that's happy.
Your body is approving of your plans by confirming the weakness of your mortal body.

Arise, Descan! You must ascend to a higher form of life and show the rest of us!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113581 on: September 28, 2013, 12:42:23 am »

I've just had a campaign idea that I'll never, ever get to run because I don't have time, and neither does anyone else I know. Ideas ripped off from everything, as usual, but eh.

I'd start out with the FF6 campaign I've mentioned before, and not tell anybody of my true intentions. Right around a confrontation with Cid in the Magitek Factory, the party will be interrupted by the intervention of a time traveler, who insists that Cid's survival is necessary for maintaining some sort of timeline stability. Thus begins the struggle against what turns out to be a city-sized military research facility whose central AI is manipulating history to ensure its own eventual construction, and the party eventually either wins or reaches an understanding (along the way acquiring access to highly advanced technology), only for an unpredicted meteor shower to devastate the general area. From the craters would come many explosions, and the sound of metal clanking on metal, and finally the battle cry - "WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!" As the party fights back the Ork invasion, it eventually comes to light that they are all descendants of Human nobility, lost in a Warp storm as infants - and though they are initially victorious in battle, they cannot fight back the unstoppable tide of Orks, what with that whole reproduction-by-spores thing. They are saved by Imperial forces, and it is soon revealed that the world's moon is, in fact, an ancient weapon from the Dark Age of Technology*, some sort of planet-destroying battlestation. The party may use the preposterous variety of technology now at their disposal to save the world somehow, or just fire the weapon and destroy the world. After many adventures beyond the furthest stars, they will eventually find themselves battling into the heart of Holy Terra in an epic assault that culminates in the Emperor's true death. His spirit will instantly reincarnate, push back the forces of Chaos, save humanity, and as, thanks to the party, offer them a choice. They may choose the red pill, or the blue pill.

I don't really know where to go after that one. Also, it should be noted that I don't actually know anything about Warhammer 40k.

*Or whatever would be recent enough for it not to be heretical, but to be unusual.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:49:01 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113582 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:53 am »

You need an assimiliationist hive-mind of cyborgs in there to complete it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113583 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:51 am »

I'd play it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113584 on: September 28, 2013, 12:50:11 am »

What will Kefka be doing at the end of this? Who knows.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113585 on: September 28, 2013, 01:14:09 am »

In that scenario? Kefka is the Emperor.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113586 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:01 am »

No. That makes too much sense.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113587 on: September 28, 2013, 02:05:48 am »

Wouldn't Cegorach be a better fit, though?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113588 on: September 28, 2013, 04:34:02 am »

rockman dot motherfucking exe

sure thing it was a spinoff which i found to be praised once in a blue moon but i played the everloving shit out of the series regardless of the silly plot or its implications, even bought a promotional cd for the fifth installment (which turned out to be the fourths ost plus a bonus track)

though now that i play it rocking all the little cannon-z's and other overpowered shit i learned to use, i yearn that somebody would step up and produce a fangame where the difficulty's turned into a beautiful cliff. mettaur turned into serenade style.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113589 on: September 28, 2013, 04:36:06 am »

rockman dot motherfucking exe

sure thing it was a spinoff which i found to be praised once in a blue moon but i played the everloving shit out of the series regardless of the silly plot or its implications, even bought a promotional cd for the fifth installment (which turned out to be the fourths ost plus a bonus track)

though now that i play it rocking all the little cannon-z's and other overpowered shit i learned to use, i yearn that somebody would step up and produce a fangame where the difficulty's turned into a beautiful cliff. mettaur turned into serenade style.

Megamari? It's a Touhou version of Megaman, with bullets.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113590 on: September 28, 2013, 04:39:15 am »

Fuck I can't even beat a single level there, it's that hard.

But then again maybe it's because I keep starting in Cirno's stage.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113591 on: September 28, 2013, 04:41:27 am »

YOU ARE NOT THE STRONGEST

but yeah i'll look into that~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #113592 on: September 28, 2013, 05:29:35 am »

I've finally figured out -exactly- what I want to do with my life. Not "for a living", but like... in my off-hours.

Learn everything there is to possibly know about all the sciences, history, and mathematics, spend time thinking on connections between them, and figure out... everything.

Step one: Become immortal.

So that's why I'm going into neuroscience. Before it was just a "Eh, immortality is nice, and nobody is working on the brain in the way I want them to, so might as well do it myself," but now I actually have a reason!

Because seriously, brain is so tiny and short-lived, you cannot possibly fit all the knowledge of humanity into one skull in one life time. It'll take some serious hacking.

Are you actually serious?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113593 on: September 28, 2013, 05:35:07 am »

If nobody dedicates their life to trying to reach for immortality, how will we ever get there?
Worst case is that Descan never reaches this goal within his lifespan, but his research goes on to aid others, a worthwhile legacy in my opinion.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113594 on: September 28, 2013, 05:39:33 am »

Worst case scenario, Descan ends up consuming humanity in order to artificially prolong his life for the couple thousand years he needs to travel to the next mortal civilization.

insertwhale

also that is not the worst scenario.
Pages: 1 ... 7571 7572 [7573] 7574 7575 ... 13325