Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7570 7571 [7572] 7573 7574 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762544 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113565 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »

THAT'S lua?

Jesus Christ.

Edit: Google says you lie. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113566 on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:06 pm »

You sure thats not something else? Reminds me more of brainfuck.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113567 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

My boss said today that I'm one of the best hires she's ever made, particularly in terms of "talent, effort, sincerity, and organization."

It's been two weeks <3  I think I'm going to go in this weekend to finish what I couldn't do today, and mark the time as unbilled.  Should only take a couple of hours.

Also:
  • Elementary
  • Macross Plus
  • A "Yozhik v Tumane" iPhone bumper case, which I cannot use because I do not and will not have an iPhone, but I CAN sew it onto a purse or something
  • Parties
  • 2/3 of an apple pie
  • More books brought up to where I'm living now
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113568 on: September 27, 2013, 11:16:53 pm »

Rigid collodion is wonderful stuff. My face is covered in fake scars. Also, liquid latex.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113569 on: September 27, 2013, 11:21:21 pm »

My boss said today that I'm one of the best hires she's ever made, particularly in terms of "talent, effort, sincerity, and organization."

Well we could have told her that.

Forgive me for missing it if you already mentioned, but what kind of job did you get, mathmagician?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113570 on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:23 pm »

Rereading Ra has been fun. I think I'm a little less completely lost now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113571 on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:58 pm »

THAT'S lua?

Jesus Christ.

Edit: Google says you lie. :v

Hey, just because the standard Lua is print("Hello World!") doesn't mean that that code isn't Lua >:I

You sure thats not something else? Reminds me more of brainfuck.

You can write any language as if it's brainfuck if you really want to.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:40:13 pm by Putnam »

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113572 on: September 27, 2013, 11:35:54 pm »

I got 5 job interviews in the next two weeks! now lets hope some of them bear fruit...

Also, tomorrow (technically today) is the last day of the semester! No more daily 8 am classes! Private showers! Unhealthy amounts of Mountain Dew! Cats!
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113573 on: September 27, 2013, 11:47:52 pm »

Right now, I Am Government Oversight for green energy programs (I work for a consulting firm), which mostly means lots and lots of statistics, basic programming, and manipulating data sets.  My official job title is "analyst."

It's not my dream job by far, but it is pretty much the very best meatball work I could possibly imagine.  The work is easy but I'm learning something, hours are flexible, I'm working at a tiny, tiny company with really nice policies and good people, and I'm paid about 4x living expenses (including a basic budget for Faffing-Around Money each month).

It looks like it's going to be a job where they're going to basically let me behave as I like in exchange for what they see as working really really fast (and to me is lazing about all day relaxing and not worrying too hard about anything).  Of course, my initial hiring period is only six months, but I'm strongly suspecting that a raise + extended work period are in my future, since the main reason for this short-term thing was probably an "err, she has absolutely no training in this work, wat do" sort of situation and they suggested initially that such a thing could be available.

So.  Let's see.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113574 on: September 28, 2013, 12:04:34 am »

It's not my dream job by far, but it is pretty much the very best meatball work I could possibly imagine.  The work is easy but I'm learning something, hours are flexible, I'm working at a tiny, tiny company with really nice policies and good people, and I'm paid about 4x living expenses (including a basic budget for Faffing-Around Money each month).

It looks like it's going to be a job where they're going to basically let me behave as I like in exchange for what they see as working really really fast (and to me is lazing about all day relaxing and not worrying too hard about anything).  Of course, my initial hiring period is only six months, but I'm strongly suspecting that a raise + extended work period are in my future, since the main reason for this short-term thing was probably an "err, she has absolutely no training in this work, wat do" sort of situation and they suggested initially that such a thing could be available.

That sounds pretty much exactly like how I felt about my job now when I first got it.

Like, wow not only are you paying me considerably more than I actually budgeted to live on, for doing a job I know I'm not actually qualified for, but a few months down the road all of a sudden you're throwing money at me because I'm one of the best new hires you've ever had.  Doing dead simple data-analysis work that I can knock out in five hours and devote the rest to Minesweeper.  Alright then chief, I'm your man.

My manic-depressive swings do tend to crop up at really inopportune times, but apparently the rest of the world is criminally incompetent.  Best of luck Vector, intelli-slackers unite!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113575 on: September 28, 2013, 12:14:20 am »

I've finally figured out -exactly- what I want to do with my life. Not "for a living", but like... in my off-hours.

Learn everything there is to possibly know about all the sciences, history, and mathematics, spend time thinking on connections between them, and figure out... everything.

Step one: Become immortal.

So that's why I'm going into neuroscience. Before it was just a "Eh, immortality is nice, and nobody is working on the brain in the way I want them to, so might as well do it myself," but now I actually have a reason!

Because seriously, brain is so tiny and short-lived, you cannot possibly fit all the knowledge of humanity into one skull in one life time. It'll take some serious hacking.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113576 on: September 28, 2013, 12:14:58 am »

Yeah, fuck death! Show it what-for!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113577 on: September 28, 2013, 12:16:12 am »

Also my leg is bleeding.

I don't know why that's happy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113578 on: September 28, 2013, 12:18:26 am »

Also my leg is bleeding.

SMF refuses to consider this post read.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113579 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:12 am »

Also my leg is bleeding.

The blood was heretical and it is good it is gone.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 7570 7571 [7572] 7573 7574 ... 13325