Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7469 7470 [7471] 7472 7473 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741163 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112050 on: August 31, 2013, 09:43:02 am »

freeformschooler, dat avatar.

What're you gonna do with all of that Swag?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112051 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:44 am »

Conversation with my mom this morning:

Mom: How are you this morning?
Me: ...
Mom: I'm sleepy.  Maybe I'll go back to bed.
Me: [incoherent grumbling]
Mom: . . . Nya-nya?
Me: Uh-huh.

I love our stupid relationship.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #112053 on: August 31, 2013, 12:43:46 pm »

Chicken frybread v2.0 was a complete success, aside from the time I nearly started a grease fire. Apparently, crushing a bunch of chicken-flavored crackers into crumbs and incorporating them into the dough causes absolutely no problems. The ramen seasoning also did its work, and wasn't overpowering. Very delicious with homemade refried beans. Complete protein w00t!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112054 on: August 31, 2013, 01:28:49 pm »

eating a baguette with a 2:4:1 garlic/onion/wasabi spread liberally blasted in between the halves and some cheese sprinkled in while appropriate music is blasting into my ears at volumes that will make me regret this moment more than what i will experience when this gets through my digestive tract in the long run

i regret nothing.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #112055 on: August 31, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

Whoo low alcohol tolerance!
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #112056 on: August 31, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

So I've been trying to track down who made a certain set of tiles I think are nice. Graphic terrain art has always been one of my hobbies. It appears I found the author:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497.msg3282516#msg3282516

Holy shit.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112057 on: August 31, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »

So I've been trying to track down who made a certain set of tiles I think are nice. Graphic terrain art has always been one of my hobbies. It appears I found the author:

Holy shit.

People named Yar, Cesar and Shoda, apparently :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112058 on: August 31, 2013, 02:38:06 pm »

Holy shit.

Soli is awesome.  He's posted quite a bit about his pixel biz.

My happy:  got Surgeon Simulator for my kid and I, to celebrate the end of a hellish week.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112059 on: August 31, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »

Holy shit.

Oh, those weren't mine; I'm not that good yet. I was just citing them for the Stonesense Thread as stylistic examples that I liked. The links to the sources are in the spoilers:
http://opengameart.org/content/isometric-64x64-outside-tileset.

Speaking of the pixel biz, though... one of my clients is from Amsterdam, and is apparently flippin' crazy. I can already tell this is going to be a fun job.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112060 on: August 31, 2013, 05:14:20 pm »

I am full of sandwich.

and I am coming for you!

*clears throat*

I finally have roughly ~2000 dollars in my bank account, which means I officially have to waste some of it on superfluous purchases to bring that number down, or otherwise just withdraw some and hide it away in order to keep my SSI benefits.

Somewhat proud of my saving ability there.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #112061 on: August 31, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »

Not even Team Dai-Gurren could beat these odds! They're not just zero, they're a million times worse than zero. 0 x 10-7

Not sure if error, or just computer being pedantic about significant figures, as computers are wont to be. At any rate, please excuse overused anime references :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112062 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

They're not just zero, they're a million times worse than zero. 0 x 10-7
You need me for something?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #112063 on: August 31, 2013, 06:54:14 pm »

... So it would seem. You're now the literal manifestation of the odds of a die rolling a number higher than its maximum value without exploding dice. As you're now an ageless concept, I can only say ENJOY YOUR IMMORTALITY.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112064 on: August 31, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

I just performed a double kidney transplant with a plastic spoon while hallucinating.

... I seriously couldn't have done it without the plastic spoon.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:27:23 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7469 7470 [7471] 7472 7473 ... 13325