Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7356 7357 [7358] 7359 7360 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755735 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110355 on: July 31, 2013, 01:06:16 am »

Ah, okay. When I hear "women are covered throat to ankle" I tend to think of conservative religious communities (certain Jewish sects, the Amish, etc). Plus, you know, depending on where in California you are being covered from head to toe is a good way to get heatstroke.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110356 on: July 31, 2013, 01:09:09 am »

See, my family was hard-core Catholic.  Then that sort of went out the window but the concealing clothing and so on remained as a cultural thing (because it's beautiful!), and then if you've spent a long time wearing long dresses and having your hair long, then it can feel really bad to change it.

I don't really like modern fashion.  It tends to look silly to me.  On the other hand, I'm sure that most people think that I look silly ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110357 on: July 31, 2013, 01:09:36 am »

Sorry if that was rude, just really tired at the moment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110358 on: July 31, 2013, 01:14:01 am »

Sorry if that was rude, just really tired at the moment.

Sorry I snapped at you, too.  We had a parent-teacher open house tonight and I'm feeling especially beat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110359 on: July 31, 2013, 01:16:44 am »

See, my family was hard-core Catholic.  Then that sort of went out the window but the concealing clothing and so on remained as a cultural thing (because it's beautiful!), and then if you've spent a long time wearing long dresses and having your hair long, then it can feel really bad to change it.

I don't really like modern fashion.  It tends to look silly to me.  On the other hand, I'm sure that most people think that I look silly ::)
Nothing wrong with looking silly. Some people can pull it off :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110360 on: July 31, 2013, 01:18:01 am »

Haha, I have a dynamic IP address and one person who had it assigned previous got in a bit of trouble at wikipedia

The best part is that, considering where I live, this seems like it's not an act of arbitrary vandalism but rather possibly some livestock owner near here (very near--there are cows and horses across the street) trying to help, which is hilarious.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:32:14 am by Putnam »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #110361 on: July 31, 2013, 01:33:51 am »

Haha, I have a dynamic IP address and one person who had it assigned previous got in a bit of trouble at wikipedia

The best part is that, considering where I live, this seems like it's not an act of arbitrary vandalism but rather possibly some livestock owner near here (very near--there are cows and horses across the street) trying to help, which is hilarious.
I found the revision he made that got him in trouble, which is especially hilarious.

"While the Red Angus is different in color, their meat is no different from that of the Black Angus. I have one named Mack."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110362 on: July 31, 2013, 01:36:03 am »

Yeah, that's why I found it so funny.

(Or she. I can definitely imagine my high school bus driver doing that, hehe)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110363 on: July 31, 2013, 01:39:26 am »

I found the revision he made that got him in trouble, which is especially hilarious.

"While the Red Angus is different in color, their meat is no different from that of the Black Angus. I have one named Mack."
You're forgetting to mention that the statement is replacing a "i]citation needed[/i]".

My cultural tradition is that most of the time women are covered throat to ankle, and have hair to the mid-calf length.  In this getup they haul cement on their backs, fix cars, build houses, raise children, etc.

So yeah, I'm thinking about returning to the old ways.
Well for whatever it's worth, I personally love long hair and swooshy dresses/skirts. I would probably be my fashion style if I had the appropriate physique for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110364 on: July 31, 2013, 01:41:20 am »

Were I a girl, I'd probably wear floor-length saris everywhere I went.

Unless Girl-me was also the opposite of me in every other way, in which case she'd be clubbing in mini-skirts, but that's neither here nor there.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110365 on: July 31, 2013, 01:44:50 am »

LFR, the Dwarf Fortress mod. Loved it when I first played it, love it even more now. Having almost total knowledge of everything that can happen in DF in general and everything that mods can change for that but still feeling like I have no idea what's coming next and loving every minute of it is really great, especially since I haven't really felt that way since... oh, 2002 or so, when I was 7 years old and a Link to the Past was my favorite game.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110366 on: July 31, 2013, 01:53:30 am »

This site is just so...beautiful for an advertisement for a roguelike game. I mean, when you think "roguelike" the first thing that comes to mind isn't usually "really well-done graphic design", so this is a nice change of pace. And the URL is perfect to get a friend or two to look at it when I send them the link. Yes, I approve.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110367 on: July 31, 2013, 02:09:40 am »

I don't really like modern fashion.
If you mean runway fashion, then yes, it is silly, and designed specifically to be so. It is all about grabbing attention, and things that look good take a back seat to things that are downright ridiculous.

If you mean what people wear on the street, it really depends on who and what. Although I will agree that lots of covering is generally a good thing. Winter fashion is best fashion.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110368 on: July 31, 2013, 02:17:42 am »

This site is just so...beautiful for an advertisement for a roguelike game. I mean, when you think "roguelike" the first thing that comes to mind isn't usually "really well-done graphic design", so this is a nice change of pace. And the URL is perfect to get a friend or two to look at it when I send them the link. Yes, I approve.
You traitor D:

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #110369 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:39 am »

I can vouch for that as well, being a graphic designer myself.

The typography is just beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 7356 7357 [7358] 7359 7360 ... 13325