Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7355 7356 [7357] 7358 7359 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754741 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #110340 on: July 30, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »

St. Louis, Missouri

I forget you people are not from around here.  :P
From my robotics trip last year to watch robots play pseudo almost-basketball, I have to say the City Museum is cool and not very museum-like.
FRC, or some other robotics competition?
FRC.
And yes, the City Museum is the best museum ever.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #110341 on: July 30, 2013, 10:55:20 pm »

St. Louis, Missouri

From my robotics trip last year to watch robots play pseudo almost-basketball, I have to say the City Museum is cool and not very museum-like.
FRC.
I didn't know that anybody else here did FRC.
*high five*

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110342 on: July 30, 2013, 10:57:19 pm »

St. Louis, Missouri

FRC.
I didn't know that anybody else here did FRC.
*high five*
I did FRC but I had to quit. I was on so many teams that I regularly had conflicting practices.  Really wish that I could of stayed thou. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110343 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:35 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110344 on: July 30, 2013, 11:45:31 pm »

I'm considering growing my hair back out to the traditional length and finding a nice, fancy way to keep it pinned up :3  I think I might be feeling okay enough in life to stop with the super-butch hair, now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110345 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:37 pm »

Find a way to fold origami chopsticks, which can then be used to pin your hair up. Surely, only Vector can solve this engineering challenge.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110346 on: July 30, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »

Is short hair even 'butch' these days? Seriously, even Emma Watson is rocking a pixie cut. Even that weird side buzz cut thing the fashionista hipsters do you can get away with.

I've seen you in the photo thread Vector, it would take incredibly strict cultural traditions for that to be butch. Still, if you feel like longer hair then great! I love long hair, keeps you warm.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110347 on: July 31, 2013, 12:08:59 am »

My cultural tradition is that most of the time women are covered throat to ankle, and have hair to the mid-calf length.  In this getup they haul cement on their backs, fix cars, build houses, raise children, etc.

So yeah, I'm thinking about returning to the old ways.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #110348 on: July 31, 2013, 12:25:47 am »

This pizza doesn't just has a flavor, it has all the flavor. Jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, roasted red bell peppers, hot sauce, black olives, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, anchovies, chicken, philly-style steak. It is a mighty combination.

Also, I've spent the last half hour messing with coastlines. Painting these things has got to be the single most relaxing thing I've learned how to do in years. This map's so big and its coasts so convoluted that I've got to have days left of adjustments. It's beautiful.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110349 on: July 31, 2013, 12:27:47 am »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110350 on: July 31, 2013, 12:43:42 am »

My cultural tradition is that most of the time women are covered throat to ankle, and have hair to the mid-calf length.  In this getup they haul cement on their backs, fix cars, build houses, raise children, etc.

So yeah, I'm thinking about returning to the old ways.
Where the hell are you from?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110351 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:35 am »

Maybe you want to ask that a little bit more politely next time.

I'm a European-American (literally so mixed that we don't really know about specific countries) from rural California.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:02:12 am by Vector »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #110352 on: July 31, 2013, 01:01:26 am »

Maybe you want to ask that a little bit more politely.
It's not like question itself will drastically change.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110353 on: July 31, 2013, 01:02:29 am »

I'm a little curious myself. I thought I read somewhere that you were from California, which is hardly the most uptight conservative area (depending, of course, on where you go).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110354 on: July 31, 2013, 01:03:07 am »

Maybe you want to ask that a little bit more politely.
It's not like question itself will drastically change.

Yeah, I started editing pretty much immediately after I wrote that.

I'm a little curious myself. I thought I read somewhere that you were from California, which is hardly the most uptight conservative area (depending, of course, on where you go).

Wearing concealing clothing does not mean "uptight" or "conservative."  It just means concealing.

Pages: 1 ... 7355 7356 [7357] 7358 7359 ... 13325