Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7169 7170 [7171] 7172 7173 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769398 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107550 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »

I just remembered that Season 11 of Red Vs Blue will begin at about 7pm central.

Yep! And apparently they're going back to the Blood Gulch Chronicles style.
Did not know about this. I will have to see that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107551 on: June 14, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

After around 30 hours I got my internet connection working again. I also had a good(!) day at work, got a 6-pack of Guinness on the way home, have a solid framework for the first couple chapters of a novel that actually piques my interest and have tomorrow off. The immediate future is bright!  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107552 on: June 14, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »

One of my only straight male friends I have, whom I actually trust, knows about how I really am. His wife does as well. They have a 9 year old daughter:

Girl: "Mommy and Daddy says you like boys like that instead of girls like that. Is that true...?"
Me: "Well, yes...." [looking up somewhat shocked at her father and mother who just finished nodding to me].
Girl: "O ok. Don't worry. I won't tell anybody and I still love you all the same as before and you're all the same as before, because I think some boys are cute too, but not all the boys, not all the ones in my class anyhow, except there is kinda one but I don't know about him all the times. Mommy knows which one. O yeah, Mommy said to tell you thanks again for helping with my birthday last week. Why are you crying? What's wrong? Are you sad?"
Me: "No...."
Girl: "Awww, here, hugs."

(And I remember thinking that if anyone ever hurt that child that I would find a way to rain every single individual layer of hell down upon them in sequence before I even start trying...).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107553 on: June 14, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »

One of my only straight male friends I have, whom I actually trust, knows about how I really am. His wife does as well. They have a 9 year old daughter:

Girl: "Mommy and Daddy says you like boys like that instead of girls like that. Is that true...?"
Me: "Well, yes...." [looking up somewhat shocked at her father and mother who just finished nodding to me].
Girl: "O ok. Don't worry. I won't tell anybody and I still love you all the same as before and you're all the same as before, because I think some boys are cute too, but not all the boys, not all the ones in my class anyhow, except there is kinda one but I don't know about him all the times. Mommy knows which one. O yeah, Mommy said to tell you thanks again for helping with my birthday last week. Why are you crying? What's wrong? Are you sad?"

(And I remember thinking that if anyone ever hurt that child that I would find a way to rain every single individual layer of hell down upon them in sequence before I even start trying...).

That's the single most adorable thing I've ever heard.
And Reudh's heart grew three sizes that day.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107554 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19:00 pm »

D'aww.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107555 on: June 14, 2013, 10:27:35 pm »

D'aww.
D'aww.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107556 on: June 14, 2013, 10:32:03 pm »

Super cute story, Truean. Hearing that is good for my faith in humanity.

In personal happies, I nabbed a job at a bakery, my proposal to do graphics design for a pretty awesome spaceship combat game was accepted (which means my name gets put on a project that might go places, not to mention a few months of work), and I'm in the final round of negotiations for a big honking long-term game art contract with an actual company too.

All in the same day.

Now I'm going to flop in bed, because I'm crazy sore from moving heavy boxes and mosquitoes (somehow one got me on the butt), and it shall be the best damned sleep I've had in a while.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:36:02 pm by Solifuge »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107557 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

Is it Mojang? >_> Or did you go "Too little, too late"?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107558 on: June 14, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »

In personal happies, I nabbed a job at a bakery, my proposal to do graphics design for a pretty awesome spaceship combat game was accepted (which means my name gets put on a project that might go places, not to mention a few months of work), and I'm in the final round of negotiations for a big honking long-term game art contract with an actual company too.

All in the same day.

Super congratulations!  Happy to hear that things are turning around for you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107559 on: June 14, 2013, 10:50:01 pm »

Thanks! I'm pretty relieved too. Exceedingly so.

Is it Mojang? >_> Or did you go "Too little, too late"?

I'm not emailing Notch until I at least have a portfolio/Deviant Art/something substantial to show off. In the hypothetical scenario where he acknowledges it, and maybe tweets back, I want to have somewhere to direct any attention he might bring me. I can't see a job with Mojang ever happening, and odds are Notch may not even respond... but I may as well have something planned for the best case scenario too, you know?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107560 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:15 pm »

Super cute story, Truean. Hearing that is good for my faith in humanity.

All in the same day.

Now I'm going to flop in bed, because I'm crazy sore from moving heavy boxes and mosquitoes (somehow one got me on the butt), and it shall be the best damned sleep I've had in a while.

I am so, so happy to hear this.  Congrats, Solifuge!

My happy: reconnected with a friend who has a very similar mindset to me, and we had a long chat that helped me process some things.  And he bought me pearl milk tea (hazelnut flavor) with grass jelly.  We're taking a hike mid-week next week.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107561 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:12 pm »

So the super market near where I live has a promotion on Snickers bars where as one in six will win you a free snickers bar. Ok, I can roll with it.
First bar: Congratulations! A winner is you!
Me: Well that is pretty good. I'll get that on my walk tomorrow.
Second bar: Congratulations! We really like you!
Me: Ok so that is pretty awesome. I'll get another on my walk tomorrow...

So now me, today...
Rational me: These are independent events, the chances of winning are one in six. Don't count on it, but it can still happen.
Emotional me: There is no fucking way you can win three in a row. The chances are zero in a billion. The universe just don't work like that!
Third bar: Guess what? You fucking win again!
Emotional me: HOLY FUCK I AM THE GREATEST HUMAN ON EARTH!
Rational me: You do realize that this was pure chance and your own personal merit had nothing to do with this string of events?
Emotional me: FUCK EVERYTHING I AM THE KING OF LUCK!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107562 on: June 15, 2013, 12:00:45 am »

Other thing I am happy about:

My body chemistry has now changed enough that painkillers actually work.  Therefore I was not in agonizing pain today and have been able to deal with Hormonal Events fairly stress-free.

Yes.  This is so, so, so good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107563 on: June 15, 2013, 12:12:27 am »

Max White, I respect your snicker skills.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107564 on: June 15, 2013, 03:22:24 am »

So the super market near where I live has a promotion on Snickers bars where as one in six will win you a free snickers bar. Ok, I can roll with it.
First bar: Congratulations! A winner is you!
Me: Well that is pretty good. I'll get that on my walk tomorrow.
Second bar: Congratulations! We really like you!
Me: Ok so that is pretty awesome. I'll get another on my walk tomorrow...

So now me, today...
Rational me: These are independent events, the chances of winning are one in six. Don't count on it, but it can still happen.
Emotional me: There is no fucking way you can win three in a row. The chances are zero in a billion. The universe just don't work like that!
Third bar: Guess what? You fucking win again!
Emotional me: HOLY FUCK I AM THE GREATEST HUMAN ON EARTH!
Rational me: You do realize that this was pure chance and your own personal merit had nothing to do with this string of events?
Emotional me: FUCK EVERYTHING I AM THE KING OF LUCK!!!

That's a 1/63 chance, or 1/216, or about 0.46% chance of getting those odds when three bars are picked.
Pages: 1 ... 7169 7170 [7171] 7172 7173 ... 13325