Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6962 6963 [6964] 6965 6966 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755316 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104445 on: April 28, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »

Still bearded, still utterly crazy and utterly doomed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104446 on: April 28, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

All it takes is one poorly/perfectly chosen turn of phrase and there it goes into the wild blue yonder, lost again, son of a bitch.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104447 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:06 pm »

My roommate and I were arguing about something trivial earlier, and he told me "Why do you gotta be a smartass and use big words? Pick one or the other, both is unfair".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104448 on: April 28, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

My roommate and I were arguing about something trivial earlier, and he told me "Why do you gotta be a smartass and use big words? Pick one or the other, both is unfair".
Tell him that means you're winning. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104449 on: April 28, 2013, 09:55:39 pm »

Alternatively, tell him that being a smartass is better than being a dumbass.*

*Note that I assume no responsibility for the consequences of this action.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104450 on: April 28, 2013, 09:57:31 pm »

Alternatively, tell him that being a smartass is better than being a dumbass.*

*Note that I assume no responsibility for the consequences of this action.
I use that line all the time. That, and, "Well, technically, I'm a genius-ass. IQ over 170, yo."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #104451 on: April 28, 2013, 10:02:52 pm »

I've decided I want to create a Romance language (descended from Vulgar Latin) for my own personal use, whatever that might mean. If I'm really dastardly maybe it will be the native language of FearfulJesuit Jr.

I'm trying to figure out where to place it. I speak English and Portuguese fluently, and I've been toying around with a close relative of Spanish and Portuguese which has no name and would theoretically be spoken in, I dunno, southwestern Spain. I find that kinda boring, though. I could make it Western (like Portuguese, Spanish and French), Eastern (like Italian and Romanian), or Southern (about which resources are scant, since the only living Southern Romance language is the batshit and isolated Sardinian, as well as, we think, the Vulgar Latin that was spoken in North Africa before the Arabs took over). I did have a languae I came up with once when I was bored about two weeks ago, which should be more or less readable to anyone who speaks Spanish or Portuguese, I think. To wit:

Hi, como jo espero, teã aquí dels pessoas que quearẽ zi ver la lingua, aquí jo estó presentando-la. Hi aparece zi her ua mistura entre español e portugués, esse é al boã, por que fue concebido como ua otra lingua iberiana. Teã, poreã, zi las diferéncias, notablamenç nels vogales (por exemplo, beã que la número "9" é "nove" ẽ portugués, é "nueve" ẽ español, e "noave" nessa lingua (essa mudança é ũ poco como el que hucedeu ẽ Romena), e "7" é "sete" ẽ portugués, mas "siete" ẽ español e "heate" aquí.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:46:17 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104452 on: April 28, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »

I use that line all the time. That, and, "Well, technically, I'm a genius-ass. IQ over 170, yo."

... You do know, MZ, that you're multiple standard deviations above me in terms of IQ--right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104453 on: April 28, 2013, 11:38:06 pm »

Hey Vec, you might want to check the Other Games thread.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104454 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:33 am »

Oooh.  Thank you >w<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104455 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:10 am »

... You do know, MZ, that you're multiple standard deviations above me in terms of IQ--right?
Waitwut? I very much doubt that.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104456 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:11 am »

Bike ride. 30ks of the worse head wind your grandfather ever told stories about. Might die. Totally worth it...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104457 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:54 am »

Waitwut? I very much doubt that.

Whoops--you're in the upper part of the second deviation.  But yes, it's true.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104458 on: April 29, 2013, 12:26:26 am »

Bike ride. 30ks of the worse head wind your grandfather ever told stories about. Might die. Totally worth it...
What makes it worth it? I mean, I'll take on a headwind if I have to, but I prefer calm days for riding O.o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104459 on: April 29, 2013, 12:28:07 am »

Have you ever felt like a dead man on wheels, only to get home and drown yourself in the coldest glass of water that your tap can muster?
That is the greatest feeling any human has ever known, surpassing love, logic and ice cream.
Pages: 1 ... 6962 6963 [6964] 6965 6966 ... 13325