Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6808 6809 [6810] 6811 6812 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758667 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102135 on: March 22, 2013, 09:35:04 pm »

My question was rhetorical :D But yes, people can be dumb for said reasons.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102136 on: March 22, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

Why the fuck would you think someone guilty without solid evidence?

Because he's black, looks like he might do drugs, or otherwise looks "like a criminal."  I liked what that police interrogator who talked about how to survive being arrested had to say:  If you're in a court room having been charged with a crime, that's two strikes in the jury's eyes.

NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE RIGHT? /prejudice

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #102137 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »

Do you know how long it took him to accrue those manly badass points, and how swiftly you've taken them away?!

Common Knowledge:  Manhood is fragile.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102138 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:15 pm »

Well the trailer for Black in RBWY got released today. I am disappoint at the voice acting and lip movements. Though I guess someone could make a case that it's on purpose if you really wanted due to the genre and art style but still...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102139 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:04 pm »

The guy seemed like a bad inclusion. If he had to be there, he shouldn't have done all the badass day-saving. Sets my inner feminist all a-twitching, and creates a contrast with the other trailers that I don't think was necessarily a good idea. If they wanted to set her up as the one with an arc that requires overcoming a dependence on others (maybe to contrast White's probable arc where she needs to learn to depend on others, or something), they probably could've done it better than a Sephiroth-type character, which is what it looks like they're setting that dude up to be.

Still, those are non-happies. Top-notch animated violence is a happy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102140 on: March 23, 2013, 12:01:45 am »

Blake's inspiration is Beauty and the Beast, there pretty much has to be a major male character to fulfill the thematic obligation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102141 on: March 23, 2013, 12:08:00 am »

Then I object only to the execution, in that he shouldn't have been a superior badass.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102142 on: March 23, 2013, 12:12:52 am »

I'm not sure where you're getting the superior part from. They seem pretty equally badass to me. If you're talking about the big robot, neither of them seem able to hurt it until he does the absorb-and-redirect thing.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102143 on: March 23, 2013, 12:14:12 am »

Which by the way, was heavily implying that he has some sort of connection to Ruby what with his hair, coloscheme, the rose on his jacket, and how the robot turned into petals.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102144 on: March 23, 2013, 12:24:13 am »

Spoiler: Non-Happies (click to show/hide)

He probably does have a connection to Ruby, though, yes. The Beast is typically presented as having wolflike features, is my understanding, so that'd tie together pretty nicely with her wolfly antagonists. Which this guy's clearly shaping up to be, with lines like, "What about them?"

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102146 on: March 23, 2013, 12:28:55 am »

Well the trailer for Black in RBWY got released today. I am disappoint at the voice acting and lip movements. Though I guess someone could make a case that it's on purpose if you really wanted due to the genre and art style but still...
So black is angst. Got it.

But yeah, I have to agree with you there. Compared to the others... it was kinda shit. Her style/look wasn't bad. But did they really need to use their trailer to go and introduce an angst-side-plot B character whose only memorable characteristic is trying too hard? I mean, when you have to resort to lamp-posting of his trying too hard ("don't be so dramatic") within the first 2 minutes of your trailer... that's a character who needs to be rethought. The dude's voice acting was terribad, and combined with the spewing pretty much nothing but one-liners and cliches, here's to hoping we get to see that dude die within the first episode. Or sooner.

The fight scenes themselves weren't nearly as good as the others; they were waaaay too reminiscent of his work with the Red vs Blue mooks. They didn't have nearly the great choreography of Red, nor the sort of showing off magic-based moves like White. If you photoshopped red vs blue characters over this new one, you could have slipped it into a red vs blue episode without anyone noticing. I suspect this is partially due to time constraints resulting from the whole train scene; the others took place in generally static, simple environments while this had several relatively more complex scenes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102147 on: March 23, 2013, 12:32:02 am »

He saves her a couple of times and resolves the combat. Mebbe I missed it, but the closest she comes to accomplishing either of those is serving as a distraction while he readies to actually finish it. I'm possibly just nitpicking, but the way the combats and the dialogue were put together gave off a heavy vibe of "This guy's a mentor figure, clearly more capable, who has a dark side that means she'll eventually have to surpass him in order to save the day.
Personally I just got a whole partners-in-crime Train Heist feeling from it. Blake might have a lower kill count, but one should consider that Beast is the one with the katana-shotgun.
But did they really need to use their trailer to go and introduce an angst-side-plot B character whose only memorable characteristic is trying too hard?
I'm not really liking the voice acting either, but come on now, the theme is Beauty and the Beast. I'm going to go ahead and say it is probably a little more important than side-plot B.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102148 on: March 23, 2013, 12:33:46 am »

Spring breeeeeeeeeeeeeeak~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102149 on: March 23, 2013, 12:36:36 am »

Heh, turns out that Adam is the canonical name for the Beast in the Disney film. So that matches up nicely.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 6808 6809 [6810] 6811 6812 ... 13325