Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6809 6810 [6811] 6812 6813 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754688 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102150 on: March 23, 2013, 04:00:20 am »

Well, I'm now involved in several forum games that are extemely heavy on RP, and I get to write a lot without being really burdened by deadlines and such! Feels good, man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102151 on: March 23, 2013, 04:00:31 am »

So it's been 5-ish hours since the MtG draft tournament has been over, and with two complimentary boosters at the end (one won in a raffle; they had extras) and a few trades, I've got a decent-ish deck. I ran a Black-White deck in the tournament and went 1-4. With the cards I picked up in the other two packs, I decided to splash a little blue in the final product, and I picked up a few nice rares.

And now I'm going to take it to the Magic thread if we have one.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102152 on: March 23, 2013, 04:02:50 am »

MtG seems like something I might be interested in, were it not for the fact that I have no desire to spend that amount of money on cards... I live in a world where people are struggling to produce the best free entertainment for me just to stand out, why pay?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102153 on: March 23, 2013, 04:14:51 am »

See, I was like that, and then the reslife council hosted a free draft tournament to get rid of some of their excess money. In draft, you get three boosters (pluss nigh-limitless land cards). Open the first one, take a card, pass the rest to the left, receive from the right, take another card, repeat until there are no more cards. Then you do the second booster, passing to the right. Typically, you also get to keep the deck you pull from boosters, resulting in people occasionally going to just pull rares to fill spots in other decks. So I got my first 75 cards and a bunch of lands without spending a dime.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102154 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:52 am »

The black/white "Pestilence" deck I played with all through high school only put me out 1/2 a dollar from a yardsale *shrug*

You don't have to be good to have fun.  Besides, other people will often be happy to lend you a deck they need playtested or whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102155 on: March 23, 2013, 04:24:37 am »

What I mean to say is that MtG seems like something I might be interested in, were it not for the fact that I have no desire to get addicted to it, then through impulse spend more money on it than I would like to...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102156 on: March 23, 2013, 04:25:04 am »

Saw the best thing I've come across on FSTDT:

There is a soft drink company, believe it may be Pepsi, that is using aborted baby cells to flavor pop. When you think they have hit bottom..look out..the bottom is still a ways to go

First reply:
I don't do this much, but fuck me, Pepsi's slogans have been trying to imply this for years:

Every Generation Refreshes The World
Taste the one that’s forever young
Generation Next
Pepsi’s Got Your Taste For Life
Join the Pepsi generation: feel the taste

And that's about half of the ones I've found.

Holy shit that is... kinda awesome! :o I have always preferred the taste of coke to pepsi but I might just have to start drinking the latter so I can creep people out with my "Deleeeshus baby juice".

My happy: Just returned from a D&D game. :) Always good fun.
Leveled up and what-not... Oh and many bawdy jokes were had, often at the expense of the party barbarian. Need to acquire my own copy of the DnD next rules so I can go over them at home, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102157 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:37 am »

Saw the best thing I've come across on FSTDT:

There is a soft drink company, believe it may be Pepsi, that is using aborted baby cells to flavor pop. When you think they have hit bottom..look out..the bottom is still a ways to go

First reply:
I don't do this much, but fuck me, Pepsi's slogans have been trying to imply this for years:

Every Generation Refreshes The World
Taste the one that’s forever young
Generation Next
Pepsi’s Got Your Taste For Life
Join the Pepsi generation: feel the taste

And that's about half of the ones I've found.

Holy shit that is... kinda awesome! :o I have always preferred the taste of coke to pepsi but I might just have to start drinking the latter so I can creep people out with my "Deleeeshus baby juice".

My happy: Just returned from a D&D game. :) Always good fun.
Leveled up and what-not... Oh and many bawdy jokes were had, often at the expense of the party barbarian. Need to acquire my own copy of the DnD next rules so I can go over them at home, though.
I think I know which game you're referring to, unless it's another one, in which case no. I must ask, though: how do you even shot web create a character sheet? I tried to figure it out, but ... I just couldn't.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102158 on: March 23, 2013, 04:47:04 am »

I'm also going to say that I performed the most amazing stack shuffle after temporarily finalizing my deck. First I split my 60-card deck into 6 stacks, three wide by two tall. Then I split each of those into their own stacks, resulting in twelve stacks in three columns and two rows. I merged the middle two rows of each column into a stack of ten, then put split that, one card at a time, into the top and bottom, ending up with three columns of two rows again. The middle column got split up between the two other columns, then I put two of the stacks, again splitting each stack, onto the other two. Then those two got shuffled together. It was GLORIOUS.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102159 on: March 23, 2013, 04:50:31 am »

That is a painful card.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102160 on: March 23, 2013, 04:53:17 am »

Go on, play your spells, use your extorts, see where it gets you. My kill-o-pede only grows stronger!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102161 on: March 23, 2013, 04:56:51 am »

Ugh, my highschool club was ALL about the blue-black mill decks.  I'm so glad that no one had one of those.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102162 on: March 23, 2013, 05:14:35 am »

Considering it has only been released in Gatecrash, I'd hope they didn't. That card is the reason I splashed blue. On the other hand, one friend pulled this guy:
Spoiler: DO WANT (click to show/hide)
And another friend pulled TWO (!) of this guy:

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #102163 on: March 23, 2013, 07:21:29 am »

I think I passed my real time programming exam woo! Won't know for sure for quite a while but I think I did good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102164 on: March 23, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

This is hilariously broken.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6809 6810 [6811] 6812 6813 ... 13325