Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6801 6802 [6803] 6804 6805 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768078 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102030 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:16 pm »

I liked Ender's Game, but whenever I think about it (and by extension, it's author), I get a bad taste in my mouth.

Thankfully I read all the books before I learned anything about Cardy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #102031 on: March 21, 2013, 10:25:53 pm »

I liked Ender's Game, but whenever I think about it (and by extension, it's author), I get a bad taste in my mouth.

What about him?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102032 on: March 21, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »

Generic anti-gay, Mormon put-religion-in-the-state, pray-the-gay-away whacko. I'd say conservative but that'd be doing a disservice to the conservatives on this board.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102033 on: March 21, 2013, 10:28:59 pm »

What about him?

He's a raging homophobe, but damn, can he ever write.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102034 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:34 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102035 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »

My hand hurts! "Why is this happy?" you may ask...

Guitar!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102036 on: March 21, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »

Once again after meeting Card, his homophobia died down, he still rages but hes shutting up and giving more motivational speeches.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102037 on: March 21, 2013, 10:40:45 pm »

Card has got other problems. Empire, for example, is supposed to focus on how political polarization in general can undo a democracy into an empire, but instead ends up being a right-wing fantasy where good conservative Americans fight the "Progressive Restoration" seeking to destroy the nation with mecha.

Card might have good ideas, but they never make it through his head without going lopsided and terrible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:43:34 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102038 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:37 pm »

Card has got other problems. Empire, for example, is supposed to focus on how political polarization in general can undo a democracy into an empire, but instead ends up being a right-wing fantasy where good conservative Americans fight the "Progressive Restoration" seeking to destroy the nation with mecha.

Card might have good ideas, but they never make it through his head without going lopsided and terrible.

In other words, he's firmly athwart the line between genius and insanity?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102039 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:02 pm »

I wouldn't exactly call him genius.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102040 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »

Ender's Game is being made into a movie as we speak. Words cannot express my anticipation.
Drama is coming.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102041 on: March 21, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »

Ender's Game is being made into a movie as we speak. Words cannot express my anticipation.
Drama is coming.

Drama is already here. Apparently you missed it on the way in :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102042 on: March 21, 2013, 11:13:14 pm »

Drama is coming.

Drama is already here. Apparently you missed it on the way in :P
I was busy waiting for it to load properly. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102043 on: March 21, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

I somehow passed 9000 posts without even realizing it. Awesome!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102044 on: March 21, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »

I somehow passed 9000 posts without even realizing it. Awesome!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Jesus, you post a lot.

Re: your sig; they sure as hell do. Did you see Maniac (IIRC) in the politics thread? That was great.
Pages: 1 ... 6801 6802 [6803] 6804 6805 ... 13325