Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848063 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99960 on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

Life of Pi won a lot of stuff, though.  It really did quite well.
Serious? Cool! For once a movie I wanted to win stuff won stuff!
And it was a deserving film!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99961 on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:43 am »

No really, what are the Oscars?
Professional circlejerk Academy Awards.

If you haven't watched these already.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99962 on: February 25, 2013, 12:48:01 am »

It's a big American awards ceremony for the pictures released in each year.  So, there are categories for best actor, actress, director, film, documentary, animated film, whatever, and everyone gets all excited about folks' clothes because they're wearing stupid-expensive dresses.

... The end!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99963 on: February 25, 2013, 12:52:41 am »

...if they're going to have an awards show, I'd rather it be a free-for-all brawl/orgy, but whatever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99964 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:10 am »

You know that thing where neither the Avengers nor The Life of Pi actually win anything, even though they should?

The Avengers probably deserved to win more than it did, but it shouldn't have been one of the big names. The Oscars are supposed to be artsier. I was surprised Django won as much as it did.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99965 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:53 am »

I'm just happy that Christopher Waltz won an award, I fucking love him in Django (And most other movies he's done, cough cough Inglorious Bastards.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99966 on: February 25, 2013, 01:05:24 am »

The Avengers was nominated only for visual effects, right?  I... nah, I don't really think it could have qualified for any other categories.

The thing that really pissed me off was that Brave beat out Wreck-It Ralph.  The latter was a much, much better film in every way.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:13:39 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99968 on: February 25, 2013, 01:13:15 am »

Nope.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99969 on: February 25, 2013, 01:15:36 am »

The visual effects of Brave were really freaking good though. Wreck-it Ralph had a better story and characters, but we all know that those don't always count :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99970 on: February 25, 2013, 01:16:26 am »

Nope.
Ah well, it has two more shots.
And hopefully next time we get to hear every ones favorite detective, Mr. Benedict Cumberbatch, as the voice of Smaug and also the Necromancer.

So I know you will enjoy it Vector.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99971 on: February 25, 2013, 01:18:24 am »

The visual effects of Brave were really freaking good though. Wreck-it Ralph had a better story and characters, but we all know that those don't always count :P
Of course! No one cares about silly things like a good story or coherent narrarative or implications that can be extracted out of the material; it's all about the graphics looks!
/DFfanthing
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99972 on: February 25, 2013, 01:19:30 am »

What about the overly-long chase scene at the end?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99973 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:05 am »

Oh yes.  Cumberbatch is my favoritest.  I have set out to watch all of his movies, forever ':3

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99974 on: February 25, 2013, 01:23:13 am »

Come on, Martin Freeman did a kick ass Homes, and come to think of it a damn good Bilbo too!
Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 13326