Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6664 6665 [6666] 6667 6668 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846029 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99975 on: February 25, 2013, 01:30:05 am »

Vector, I just noticed your post count and got curious. Despite your hiatuses, you've still got nearly 11 posts per day. You've been gone for like a year and your average posts per day are still more than twice mine. What the shit.

Anyway, that's kind of awesome :)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99976 on: February 25, 2013, 01:35:14 am »

I find it kind of depressing, personally =/

But whatever, I type quickly and post a lot, and most of it is mafia-induced in any case =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99977 on: February 25, 2013, 01:38:11 am »

Yea, once you start into forum games your post count reaches some sort of critical mass where as no reply can escape its pull.

Darvi is slowly approaching on Toony. We might see history in the making soon!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99978 on: February 25, 2013, 01:38:43 am »

... Mafia induced?

... Oh, right, the gametype.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99979 on: February 25, 2013, 01:38:52 am »

Yea, once you start into forum games your post count reaches some sort of critical mass where as no reply can escape its pull.

Darvi is slowly approaching on Toony. We might see history in the making soon!
I am slowly climbing as well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99980 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:02 am »

But whatever, I type quickly and post a lot, and most of it is mafia-induced in any case =)
Fair enough. Game-posts do inflate it a lot, but I'm still impressed by the magnitude of the posts you've made given the quality that usually describes the ones I see. Then again, that might well be what part of what is troublesome, and I stray dangerously close to fawning in any case.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99981 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:22 am »

I went to Mass today as part of an assignment on multiculturalism.  Surprisingly pleasant, they're very quick about things.  It was an hour long almost to the minute, and most of it was spent standing up and sitting down while a distractingly beautiful woman sang about Jesus and the usual stuff.  Afterward I talked to the priest who was a real bro.  We talked about literature and he's all "So who's your favorite female American author?"  I couldn't think of one, though in retrospect he was obviously driving at a specific female American Catholic author, Flannery O'Connor.  Thankfully I'd read A Good Man is Hard to Find and really really loved it, so I didn't completely drop the ball, though I was intimidated (I'm always intimidated and introverted around people I feel are better than me)
Shoes...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99983 on: February 25, 2013, 01:58:00 am »

Thats how they lure you in...

Let's not talk about anything even vaguely related to religion because there are people currently in my home trying to preach.

My happy: I got to see my lesbian best friend today. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99984 on: February 25, 2013, 02:01:36 am »

Fair enough. Game-posts do inflate it a lot, but I'm still impressed by the magnitude of the posts you've made given the quality that usually describes the ones I see. Then again, that might well be what part of what is troublesome, and I stray dangerously close to fawning in any case.

On this tangent, I should get into some forum games. I've managed an average 10 posts per day mostly through the modding forum though, hehe.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99985 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:26 am »

Putnamhas entered Forum Games and Roleplaying!
Putnam's post per day count increases exponentially!
Sig! Onol

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99986 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:27 am »

I went to Mass today as part of an assignment on multiculturalism.  Surprisingly pleasant, they're very quick about things.  It was an hour long almost to the minute, and most of it was spent standing up and sitting down while a distractingly beautiful woman sang about Jesus and the usual stuff.  Afterward I talked to the priest who was a real bro.  We talked about literature and he's all "So who's your favorite female American author?"  I couldn't think of one, though in retrospect he was obviously driving at a specific female American Catholic author, Flannery O'Connor.  Thankfully I'd read A Good Man is Hard to Find and really really loved it, so I didn't completely drop the ball, though I was intimidated (I'm always intimidated and introverted around people I feel are better than me)

Good to hear this worked out pleasantly. There are a hundred ways to screw up this sort of stuff and some groups are desperate about it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99987 on: February 25, 2013, 02:58:39 am »

That's almost terrifying.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99988 on: February 25, 2013, 03:10:19 am »

Happy, plus a shameless plug. The Happy is that I've finally figured out how Fourier analysis works, so I can possibly start taking extant waveforms and synthesizing them with loads of sine or cosine functions added together. Working on a flute sound, since they're relatively smooth.

Also, I've decided to run a Bay12 meetup next month for anyone who wants to show up. Link!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99989 on: February 25, 2013, 03:18:52 am »

That's almost terrifying.
*Jaws theme starts playing*
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6664 6665 [6666] 6667 6668 ... 13326