Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6518 6519 [6520] 6521 6522 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746668 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97785 on: January 18, 2013, 05:27:15 pm »

Ah, (ninja!: getting test subjects) that's easy  ::)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97786 on: January 18, 2013, 05:51:47 pm »

Welding is awesome, one of the manliest proffessions out there!

The new Wiki project is all kinds of awesome : http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Main_Page

Now I'm planning a bunch of trips to places I've discovered. Also awesome is that there are actual contacts listed for give activities (like say touring the exclusion zone) with short info on what each agency provides and for what general price.

Man I love the internet and the stuff it makes sometimes :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97787 on: January 18, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

Speaking of manly... Gleeful smiles this afternoon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97788 on: January 18, 2013, 07:01:26 pm »

I don't think people need HIV to test if you get sick of the vaccine.
That was Phase I. Now they need to see if it actually works.

Extract the blood, mesure the rate of lymphocyte corresponding to the vaccine, and test that with the virus. There's no need to infect people with the HIV. The only risks are disease from the original vaccine, but since that's been tested out, it's harmless.
But considering the very nature of HIV, I doubt that a vaccine could do more than just limiting or slowing the infection. I fear the vaccine itself could be crushed by the virus.
My brother voluntereed himself for some vaccines (although not HIV), and he never got sick. But that's probably because he never ever got sick.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:03:04 pm by PanH »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97789 on: January 18, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »

Well, my roommates weren't doing anything useful as usual. Andrew was away, Antonio was sleeping, Don is nocturnal and Lamar was taking a break from watching Fox News to sleep. Furthermore I was in one of my moods where I plot World War 4, which ends up with [EXPUNGED] and the bombing of [EXPUNGED] back into the Stone Age happening alongside the extermination of all [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and Scientologists. I then decided to do what I normally do when I get like this.

Did I play Sid Meier's Civilization? No, I cleaned everything that I could think of like I was one of those catgirl maids that I want to own, love and start a family with. This involved cleaning most of the kitchen, part of the living room, emptying nine garbage cans, taking care of the recycling, salvaging some recycling from the dumpster, cleaning two bathrooms, washing some rags that a previous resident had soaked in his own urine, and moving half-a-dozen cans and buckets used to hold cigarettes back into the proper smoking area. I did what takes most of the residents at this assisted living facility a week to start and two weeks to finish in one hour. Then again most of them are lazy unhygenic fuckwits who spend their days smoking, gossiping, and having schizophrenic delusions about both their penis and Jesus at the same time.

After that I spoke to Mike, my landlord, and told him about the situation and asked questions on whether it was okay for Andrew to have claimed both the coffee table and the dining room table for his artwork, his computer, and his DVDs. Not only did Mike say he would discuss this with all twenty or so of the residents at the weekly mandatory meeting next week, but he gave me two dollars so I could get an energy drink. I have the best landlord ever so far, which is really what I'm trying to say I'm happy about.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #97790 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

and having schizophrenic delusions about both their penis and Jesus at the same time

I wish my schizophrenic delusions were as weird or silly as that. Then again I'm kinda imagining jesuspenis.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97791 on: January 18, 2013, 08:03:50 pm »

Now that I've gotten it to work properly, new iTunes is actually pretty cool.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97792 on: January 18, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »

and having schizophrenic delusions about both their penis and Jesus at the same time

I wish my schizophrenic delusions were as weird or silly as that. Then again I'm kinda imagining jesuspenis.
First I was hesitant to add this quote to the OoC thread. Then you edited in the second sentence. Heheheheh :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97793 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »

But considering the very nature of HIV, I doubt that a vaccine could do more than just limiting or slowing the infection. I fear the vaccine itself could be crushed by the virus.
In lab rat tests, SAV001-confired immunity could hold off 100x the infection threshold of HIV, injected directly in to the rat's muscles, a year after they were vaccinated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97794 on: January 18, 2013, 08:39:38 pm »

In lab rat tests, SAV001-confired immunity could hold off 100x the infection threshold of HIV, injected directly in to the rat's muscles, a year after they were vaccinated.
Well, that's rather awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97795 on: January 18, 2013, 08:41:53 pm »

Well, that's rather awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #97796 on: January 18, 2013, 08:52:14 pm »

That vaccine stuff sounds pretty awesome.

Also, I beat Deus Ex last night. Damn fine game, and nearly 40 hours of entertainment (in one playthrough) for the chump change I spent on it makes it almost as good a deal as Skyrim was by the same metric. Now I'm playing Human Revolution, and trying to get as many Ghost achievements as I can, without killing anyone. It's satisfying.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97797 on: January 18, 2013, 09:00:14 pm »

I'll stock up on HIV needles filled with 101x the infection threshold then, thanks for warning me.

:P
No, but that's actually pretty cool. Sounds like it's effective immunity. Now we need to get it cheap enough to mass produce (easy enough) and get people who give a shit to ship it to Africa at a loss (significantly less easy).
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97798 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

Once you've got the vaccine down costs aren't very high. A single dose of polio vaccine costs $.10 and is light enough to be shipped by the hundreds of thousands without much cost or space. There will be plenty of organizations willing to pay for distribution if it works out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97799 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »

And my internet is back (again)!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 6518 6519 [6520] 6521 6522 ... 13325