Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6339 6340 [6341] 6342 6343 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15813056 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Ham- Bur- ger~?] The Okuu x Hamburger Steak thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95100 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:48 am »

Going to go read to my kid's class this afternoon.  I'm 95% sure that every other parent is reading something Christmas related.  I have Jabberwocky, Seven at One Blow, or an excerpt from The Hobbit.

Jabberwocky. Lewis Carroll is always the right answer.

Kinda short.  I think I have a 15-minute block.  I'm going to consult the teacher about it.
You could spend the remainder of the time asking the kids what they think some of Carroll's nonsense words (like "frabjous") mean. I'm sure you'd get some interesting answers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95101 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:20 am »

My roommate is trying to transfer to either a friend of his' room or his frat's manor next semester.

Yes.........

* MetalSlimeHunt begins to shake, as if he were overdosing on caffeine.

Yesssssssssss..........

* In Citudad Juarez, a pale infant with no light in its eyes is born. It opens it's mouth as if to speak, and the doctor suffers a fatal aneurism.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Five light-years from the small world known as Earth, a species of ruthless conquerors close in on the energy emissions of our civilization, when all of a sudden a cold dread washes over the slaver fleet. For a moment, all is silent.....and then the slaughter begins. 27 billion of the invaders and far more of their oppressed vassals perish in an orgy of chaos and death. Not but two hundred, lagging behind the fleet due to a drive malfunction, survive long enough to jump back towards home, their minds shattered beyond repair. All who attempt to enter this region of space suffer the same fate. A wise species of stellar nomads living around the core of the Milky Way demand that travel to the Orion Arm be forever forbidden. Few see reason to defy them.
Suddenly:
'I can't be arsed to move out. I'm staying here.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95102 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:57 am »

Going to go read to my kid's class this afternoon.  I'm 95% sure that every other parent is reading something Christmas related.  I have Jabberwocky, Seven at One Blow, or an excerpt from The Hobbit.

Jabberwocky. Lewis Carroll is always the right answer.

Kinda short.  I think I have a 15-minute block.  I'm going to consult the teacher about it.
You could spend the remainder of the time asking the kids what they think some of Carroll's nonsense words (like "frabjous") mean. I'm sure you'd get some interesting answers.

Oh I would love to read it to them :P... We'll see.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95103 on: December 10, 2012, 10:38:26 am »

You're probably going to confuse both the children and their parents.

Which is arguably the whole point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95104 on: December 10, 2012, 10:47:20 am »

I think reading them some genuine Hobbit would also be priceless, just days before parents take most of these kids to see the movie.  My plan is to read them Riddles in the Dark, but the teacher might decide it would take too long.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95105 on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:02 am »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95106 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:53 am »

Yay!
Meh. Show me how to go farther back than just the blah previous layout and I'll be interested.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95107 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:37 am »

Still a big improvement.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95108 on: December 10, 2012, 11:41:24 am »

Yay!

How clever. Use one Google product to fix another Google product.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95109 on: December 10, 2012, 11:45:52 am »

Yay!

How clever. Use one Google product to fix another Google product.
I'M CLICKING ON THE DISLIKE BUTTON LIKE CRAZY BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95110 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:20 am »

Still a big improvement.
That page at the end shows far less videos than my_subscriptions, I'm not seeing what you mean there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95111 on: December 10, 2012, 11:58:35 am »

I found this video again.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95112 on: December 10, 2012, 12:00:05 pm »

A big improvement over the new layout. And when i check youtube daily, i don't really need my_subscriptions, as i can just scroll down once or twice and see all the new videos. I really don't care about my_subscriptions, to be honest.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95113 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »

Ahh, I just feel today will be a good day~

This may be partially be because I have a date type thing set up with the ladyfriend for this evening~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95114 on: December 10, 2012, 01:11:34 pm »

A big improvement over the new layout. And when i check youtube daily, i don't really need my_subscriptions, as i can just scroll down once or twice and see all the new videos. I really don't care about my_subscriptions, to be honest.

If you don't use it for your subs, then what do you use it for?
Pages: 1 ... 6339 6340 [6341] 6342 6343 ... 13326