Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6274 6275 [6276] 6277 6278 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781368 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [Duh nuh... NYYYAAHHHHH] Oh my god someone help nitori (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94125 on: November 21, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »

Inb4 space Romans split the pantheon into separate warring factions.
BLOOD FOR BACCHUS
WINE FOR THE VINE THRONE

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94126 on: November 21, 2012, 03:02:14 pm »

Inb4 space Romans split the pantheon into separate warring factions.
BLOOD FOR BACCHUS
WINE FOR THE VINE THRONE

sanguis pro sanguine deus!
VINUM AD AMPELOS THRONUS!
(google translate, no time to properply translate)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94127 on: November 21, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »

I seem to remember one alt-history where Julius Caesar discovered the secret of immortality from some Gaulish witch, and goes on to forge a Roman Empire which survives to the modern day, unifying all of Europe, Africa and the Near East under its banner. Meanwhile, the Han Dynasty makes contact with said Romans, technological exchange and advance is highly accelerated, and so the Han never falls to Asiatic nomad invaders. And somehow Central America gets unified early under the Aztec, who don't suffer a civilization collapse or external invasion and go on to colonize and unify all of North and South America. So you get to a future with basically three empires: the Romans, the Chinese, and the Aztec, all roughly equal in tech and population.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #94128 on: November 21, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

Sounds like a game of Civilization where three of the players managed to eliminate the others fairly quickly.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94129 on: November 21, 2012, 04:33:39 pm »

Sounds like a game of Civilization where three of the players managed to eliminate the others fairly quickly.
Also makes for a decent game of Aurora, which includes themes for all three.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #94130 on: November 21, 2012, 04:39:58 pm »

I seem to remember one alt-history where Julius Caesar discovered the secret of immortality from some Gaulish witch, and goes on to forge a Roman Empire which survives to the modern day, unifying all of Europe, Africa and the Near East under its banner. Meanwhile, the Han Dynasty makes contact with said Romans, technological exchange and advance is highly accelerated, and so the Han never falls to Asiatic nomad invaders. And somehow Central America gets unified early under the Aztec, who don't suffer a civilization collapse or external invasion and go on to colonize and unify all of North and South America. So you get to a future with basically three empires: the Romans, the Chinese, and the Aztec, all roughly equal in tech and population.
So, 1984?

It's sounds pretty lopsided in favor of the aztecs, frankly. Controllung the entire perimeter of a continient allows for some frankly absurd abuses. The Chinese and Romans can invade each other at will, but to get at the aztects there are an entire ocean in the way. The Aztecs get all the nice american land for themselves, so only both the Chinese and Romans combined could concievably defeat the Aztecs, while the aztecs could concievably beat them both on their own.

The Thing about land-ownership is that it's a runaway thing. As long as your empire isn't checked by instability, a massive empire will get bigger, allowing it to get more land, making it bigger, allowing it to get more land, etc.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94131 on: November 21, 2012, 04:59:47 pm »

Not to detract from awesome alternate history scenarios, but I've lost roughly 10 lbs over 2 months, and I'm happy enough about it to make a post.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94132 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:46 pm »

Grats!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94133 on: November 21, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »

I just replaced the headlamp in my car all by myself!

Okay, that may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but this is the first time I've ever done any sort of minor repair work myself, and headlamps in cars made after like 1980 or so are a bitch and a half to get at. When my dad replaced my other headlight earlier in the year, it took him about an hour or more, and I did this in about a half an hour including the time it took to figure out what I was doing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94134 on: November 21, 2012, 08:07:10 pm »

A friend of mine asked his girlfriend to marry him.  And he did it through a website he made himself.

'dawwwww <3

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94135 on: November 21, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »

:D

Grats to them!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94136 on: November 21, 2012, 08:09:35 pm »

A friend of mine asked his girlfriend to marry him.  And he did it through a website he made himself.

'dawwwww <3
So...what'd she say?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94137 on: November 21, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

Meanwhile, I enjoy the simple pleasure of a cold turkey sandwich with mayonnaise. This is basically the only thing I find the condiment useful for, but it is basically perfect in this context.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94138 on: November 21, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »

I made delicious pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving! And also artichoke dip. I also nearly cut the tip of my finger off, so that was fun.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94139 on: November 21, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »

I am overfull of buffalo wings.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6274 6275 [6276] 6277 6278 ... 13325