Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6228 6229 [6230] 6231 6232 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757130 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93435 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

So Crash Course World History has ended, "Not because we reached the end of history, but because we reached the particular middle of it where I happen to be living". But hey, it looks like they're doing a Crash Course Literature, which looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93436 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »

So Crash Course World History has ended, "Not because we reached the end of history, but because we reached the particular middle of it where I happen to be living". But hey, it looks like they're doing a Crash Course Literature, which looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Also, Crash Course biology guy does SciShow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93437 on: November 10, 2012, 08:55:54 pm »

And the two guys have a sort of ping pong vlog.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93438 on: November 10, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »

Yes, though I'm less interested in science, biology, and ping-pong than I am in history and literature, and I suspect the literature thing will wind up with a hefty dose of history, so this is something to make me happy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93439 on: November 10, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »

Today, at 10:00 Am, I will have managed to not die for 16 years in a row.
Dudebro, I hate to break ths to you, but...
* MaximumZero puts his hand on UltraValican's shoulder.
you're still kind of a n00b. I've got 29 years in a row and counting.
Also, happy birthday.
My LF grabbed my ass again. o.O Then I returned the favor, and it was nice. Then, like. Flirting stuff.

Sorry if this bothers someone. :/ It did make me happy today though.
Also: AWWWWWW YEAAAAH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93440 on: November 10, 2012, 10:37:11 pm »

Post-depressive mania is awesome for channeling into projects, and cranking them out. Staying up for 2 days without sleep is not so much, but the waking quasi-dream state I've been in for the last 8 hours has been interesting to observe and experience. I did an audio recording of myself a bit ago, and I can be about as incoherent as if completely drunk. My thoughts kept slipping into nonsense stream of consciousness ideas that have only surreal connections. Then, a serious startle shot adrenaline into my system so fast that I was functioning as normal for about 5 minutes, before slipping back into the former state of fatigue.

Basically, I'm happy to be experience all the quirky thought patterns and feelings one finds at the fringes of functional consciousness, as it starts to collapse. Picking apart my stretched-thin consciousness, and looking at the underpinnings and innards, as it were.

Also, sleep is going to feel so good tonight.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93441 on: November 10, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »

Reading the Dreseden Files RPG to steal ideas get inspiration, got the idea for zero sum action points where everyone you spend gives one to your opponents. I'm liking the dynamic it creates in conjunction with how I was actually going to have those things work.[/roleplaying game rambling]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93442 on: November 10, 2012, 11:24:20 pm »

And the two guys have a sort of ping pong vlog.
Oh, I remember that. It's a pretty good watch.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93443 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:39 am »

Apparently there is now a Bloons 5.  Been playing, game crashed on level 99 (it warns you about advancing beyond 50) from the sheer amount of bloons and dakka I was throwing at them.

I need more dakka.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93444 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:20 am »

D'oh :P

I always liked tower defenses but never really got into Bloons. I might try this new one out.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93445 on: November 11, 2012, 12:08:50 am »

Apparently there is now a Bloons 5.  Been playing, game crashed on level 99 (it warns you about advancing beyond 50) from the sheer amount of bloons and dakka I was throwing at them.

I need more dakka.
A fifth? Huh.

Also, while you may think you need moar dakka, the game is most certain you have enuff and crashed at you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93446 on: November 11, 2012, 12:58:09 am »

When you're writing your character, make a note of the beliefs the character holds most dear. You can pick anything from a religious order to the delicious flavor of a well-roasted turkey, depending on the tone of the game you're going to play.

Guess which of those I'm using in later examples.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93447 on: November 11, 2012, 01:14:19 am »

Interesting concept. Clearly designed for story based games, where a well developed character tends to work a little better than a blank slate, in most cases, and even then there are exceptions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93448 on: November 11, 2012, 01:44:25 am »

Provided mild therapy for a friend, as well as a pillow. I found new friends, and I do love it so.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93449 on: November 11, 2012, 02:00:19 am »

Will you be sharing your system/setting when it's finished, Bauglir?  I'd be very interested in it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6228 6229 [6230] 6231 6232 ... 13325