Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6226 6227 [6228] 6229 6230 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757969 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93405 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »

What, did the Tentacle Grape people come out with a new drink?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93406 on: November 09, 2012, 10:56:31 pm »

I am happy because on Sunday, the Science channel is doing a Firefly marathon, starting with the first episode and culminating with the 10th anniversary reunion.

I've never actually seen Firefly before, but I'm gonna watch it, because I really feel I ought to.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93407 on: November 09, 2012, 11:00:33 pm »

D:

I've already obligated myself to watch it on Solifuge's stream. Well, that and I don't have a television.

3. Run Resize Enable

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93408 on: November 09, 2012, 11:06:47 pm »

After wrangling with sound drivers for a week I finally possibly eradicated the scratchy sound issues I was having which somehow slow down sounds being played. It was weird and horrible.

Unfortunately, I'm realizing more and more that my computer is quickly becoming obsolete for my habits. 2 gigs of RAM cannot handle modern browsers and their media playing requirements. And while DDR3 is cheap DDR2 has yet to really drop down in the same way. Addressing the downfalls of my computer would require getting a whole new Motherboard, so this whole prospect is tough to swallow.

I was in the same situation up until a few days ago, before I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Now I have a beastly machine that'll keep me going for a while.

What I have was a beastly machine that lasted me a while. I just don't have the cash for another upgrade of that magnitude.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93409 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:09 pm »

I got to visit my mother for the first time since Mother's Day. She gave me some non-perishables, some clothing, an early Christmas present, and some of my old stuff from when I was living with her, and I got to try a Rockstar energy drink and spend time with her cat Mickey Jorge. The song that summarizes today is goreshit - pon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93410 on: November 09, 2012, 11:08:57 pm »

I got to visit my mother for the first time since Mother's Day. She gave me some non-perishables, some clothing, an early Christmas present, and some of my old stuff from when I was living with her, and I got to try a Rockstar energy drink and spend time with her cat Mickey Jorge. The song that summarizes today is goreshit - pon.

You just made my day even better. I'm always up for amusing band names.

3. Run Resize Enable

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93411 on: November 09, 2012, 11:12:01 pm »

You just made my day even better. I'm always up for amusing band names.
Then I regret nothing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93412 on: November 09, 2012, 11:49:39 pm »

After wrangling with sound drivers for a week I finally possibly eradicated the scratchy sound issues I was having which somehow slow down sounds being played. It was weird and horrible.

Unfortunately, I'm realizing more and more that my computer is quickly becoming obsolete for my habits. 2 gigs of RAM cannot handle modern browsers and their media playing requirements. And while DDR3 is cheap DDR2 has yet to really drop down in the same way. Addressing the downfalls of my computer would require getting a whole new Motherboard, so this whole prospect is tough to swallow.

I was in the same situation up until a few days ago, before I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Now I have a beastly machine that'll keep me going for a while.

What I have was a beastly machine that lasted me a while. I just don't have the cash for another upgrade of that magnitude.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:55:33 pm by Japa »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93413 on: November 10, 2012, 12:16:39 am »

My LF grabbed my ass again. o.O Then I returned the favor, and it was nice. Then, like. Flirting stuff.

Sorry if this bothers someone. :/ It did make me happy today though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93414 on: November 10, 2012, 12:29:48 am »

Tomorrow, MLP Season 3 is premiering!

So, me and my friends, in honour of that auspicious date, are gonna be watching together.

...Not MLP, of course. We're watching Star Wars, IV, V, and VI.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93415 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:07 am »

My LF grabbed my ass again. o.O Then I returned the favor, and it was nice. Then, like. Flirting stuff.

Sorry if this bothers someone. :/ It did make me happy today though.
Hooray for ass grabbing!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93416 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:28 am »

You're right, I should sell the side=panel for cash! Brilliant!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93417 on: November 10, 2012, 12:44:13 am »

I think I may have discovered a new fact. If I'm doing it right, d2s always yield a higher average result than d3s if both allow exploding dice (if you roll max, roll again and add the result). I don't remember much math about infinite series, though, which I believe I would require in order to prove it. I only have empirical indications of this. Still, it means that the minimum die size in this game will have to be a d3, lest there be a case where reducing an ability score improves your effectiveness.

Limit of 1/2+3/4+...+2n/(2^n-1)+(2n+1)/(2^n) as n approaches infinity from 0

vs

Limit of... 1+1+...+3(2n)/(3^n-1)+3(2n+1)/(3^n) as n approaches infinity from 0?

I don't even know if I've set those up properly, much less if they hold to my hypothesis.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93418 on: November 10, 2012, 12:57:05 am »

At a robotics conference and they have good internet, thank god. Also, arduinos are freaking awesome.
Only downside is the two star hotel full of frat boys and shitty televisions.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #93419 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:34 am »

I think I may have discovered a new fact. If I'm doing it right, d2s always yield a higher average result than d3s if both allow exploding dice (if you roll max, roll again and add the result). I don't remember much math about infinite series, though, which I believe I would require in order to prove it. I only have empirical indications of this. Still, it means that the minimum die size in this game will have to be a d3, lest there be a case where reducing an ability score improves your effectiveness.

Limit of 1/2+3/4+...+2n/(2^n-1)+(2n+1)/(2^n) as n approaches infinity from 0

vs

Limit of... 1+1+...+3(2n)/(3^n-1)+3(2n+1)/(3^n) as n approaches infinity from 0?

I don't even know if I've set those up properly, much less if they hold to my hypothesis.

Well, I'm not big into infinite series, but the chances of having a d3 explode just four times is 1 in 81. This would result in a roll of 13 - 14.

The chances of having a d2 explode four times is 1 in 16. This would result in a roll of 9. If you wanted a d2 explosion to reach the same likelihood of that d3, you'd need to have it explode about six times for 1/64, meaning a d2 would do 13 'damage' a bit more often than a d3 would do 13 - 14. So your reasoning is sound - The lower the dice, the more powerful its potential for mind boggling explosions

Something you may consider is having  a cap of re-rolls  equal to the maximum roll on the dice. So, a d2 can only explode twice for a total of three rolls (5 - 6 damage). A d3, however, could explode three times for a total of four rolls, a d4 a total of four times for a total of five, etc. Or you could make the maximum number of rolls equal to the max dice roll to make things less confusing. This would mean a d2 could only explode once, for a total of two rolls.

With the max roll system, larger dice are suddenly powerful tools that can one-hit anything on a lucky streak, while smaller ones become reliable founts of bonus damage without being overpowered. Feats and such could also expand an explosion's range (Certain weapons can explode an additional time, for example), and perhaps even improve the threat range for the initial strike. Suddenly, daggers aren't quite as laughable as they used to be, and great axes can decapitate things without rolling a critical success.

And, since you're playing with dice theory, this is pretty dang useful for determining the chances of something happening. It doesn't do exploding dice, but it's great for anything else a home brewer might need.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 6226 6227 [6228] 6229 6230 ... 13325