Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6077 6078 [6079] 6080 6081 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795059 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #91170 on: October 10, 2012, 03:46:10 am »

Well, if Julia keeps it up, and goes about the rest of her campaign / decisions with the same gusto and feeling, then yes, it does. :D

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91171 on: October 10, 2012, 03:52:02 am »

I guess. But I went to Canberra once with a school trip and they all seemed really petty and useless.

:(

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91172 on: October 10, 2012, 03:53:55 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAzzbrFgcUw

When I was in middle school band, I always wanted to play video game songs. But nooo, that'd never happen, right? What school would ever allow that?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91173 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:25 am »

After eating yet another bowl of ultimately flavorless Honeycombs cereal, I decided to go to Post Cereal's website to file a complaint. Here's the sincere words I wrote:

Honeycombs cereal isn't the honey-est. I'm deeply disappointed. That's the message I'm delivering to you today good sir or madam, whomever may be reading.

Allow me to tell you, I love honey flavored, or as I call it, honey-enriched cereal. Every flavor and brand is fair game... and yet, when I eat Honeycombs cereal, the cereal who's name and livelihood is entirely dependent on it's assertion that it is, in fact, the source of honey flavored cereal satisfaction of choice, but it would seem, time and again, that this is simply not true. The honey taste of Honeycombs is so weak, that even after fortifying a bowl of milk with several bowls of it, the taste is still only slight.  It often feels that I am simply eating comb-shaped pieces of bread in milk, and this was not always the case! I remember in my youth when I could eat Honeycombs to get that deep honey feeling that I long for to this day.

The saddest part is that there's generic competitors that are outclassing the Honeycomb brand name in taste. My two favorite are Hoot'n Honey doppelganger cereal and the cheerios-style Honey Nut Toasted Oats. These two I never have to negotiate with, I eat the cereal, and I taste the honey. It is truly a beautiful thing, more beautiful the morning sunrise which I might watch whilst enjoying a bowl of cereal.

So I deeply implore you, good representative of Post, please read my cry of anguish as a desperate lover would beseech their partner for one final chance, one last opportunity to make good on old promises and to mend the mistakes of the past. Please make Honeycombs cereal from the lackluster thing it is today into the honey-est breakfast cereal in the entire universe, outclassing even potential alternate reality Honeycombs or Honey-flavored cereal existing on possible far away alien planets.

It is something that I firmly believe would make everyone in the world happier, and would improve Post's standing everywhere cereal is enjoyed.

Thank you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #91174 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:42 am »

Awesome letter. Post the reply if you get a good one :)

(obligatory: *whose in sentence 5)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91175 on: October 10, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

Darnit, right when I thought I had gotten those grammaraticals (don't judge my made-up words) down to muscle memory. I also forgot to put "than the morning sunrise", it's just "more beautiful the morning sunrise..."

Also, you can't see it, but for my honorary title I put myself down as "Master" so I'm Master Joshua Hefflinger. I don't even know what I'd need to do in real life to get that title, but I want it.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91176 on: October 10, 2012, 05:33:14 am »

Darnit, right when I thought I had gotten those grammaraticals (don't judge my made-up words) down to muscle memory. I also forgot to put "than the morning sunrise", it's just "more beautiful the morning sunrise..."

Also, you can't see it, but for my honorary title I put myself down as "Master" so I'm Master Joshua Hefflinger. I don't even know what I'd need to do in real life to get that title, but I want it.

Joshua F. Hefflinger, Grandmaster of the Michigan Order of Honeycomb Conoisseurs

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91177 on: October 10, 2012, 08:09:01 am »

First snow of 2012/2013!

None on the ground yet, but we can only hope.
My wooden badge was delicious.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91178 on: October 10, 2012, 08:12:00 am »

Woohoo, other good friend is now downloading TF2.
On the other side, this means that i'll have to take a break from SPAZ.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91179 on: October 10, 2012, 08:27:43 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Master (sometimes abbreviated Mstr) is an English honorific for young men.

It's usually replaced by Mister, but apparently in more formal letters etc it is still sometimes used. By people pre-high school age, mostly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91180 on: October 10, 2012, 08:33:11 am »

Josh: Get a Master's degree.

My 11th grade history teacher had a Parent-Teacher conference, with the [Smith] family. He called the dad "Mr. [Smith]" and was immediately corrected to "Doctor"

His take on the situation: I have a Master's degree, so I suppose you could call me Master [Jones].
Names have been substituted for generics.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91181 on: October 10, 2012, 08:35:21 am »

Hands up who else thought of the Dr Who season 3 finale.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91182 on: October 10, 2012, 08:42:28 am »

Hands up who else thought of the Dr Who season 3 finale.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91183 on: October 10, 2012, 09:15:54 am »

Joshua F. Hefflinger, Grandmaster of the Michigan Order of Honeycomb Conoisseurs

And from now on, JoshuaFH will be Grandmaster in my mind.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91184 on: October 10, 2012, 09:24:13 am »

Heh...I wish I could use my Master's like that. At least then it would have been worth something. About the only status symbol I got was colored cuffs on my robe, and a hood.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6077 6078 [6079] 6080 6081 ... 13325