Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6076 6077 [6078] 6079 6080 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793610 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #91155 on: October 09, 2012, 11:33:49 pm »

My neice keeps doing this thing. She's sleeping on the loveseat next to the computer, but she keeps sitting up and talking to me. Last time she said, "You. They're all okay and everything. But they're hungry." And then she laid down again. I half expected her to grow fangs and lunge at me for a second when I realized what she'd said.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91156 on: October 09, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »

Ninurta, the ancient Sumerian destroyer god, has an important message for us all.
Hey! I should go look at that.
My neice keeps doing this thing. She's sleeping on the loveseat next to the computer, but she keeps sitting up and talking to me. Last time she said, "You. They're all okay and everything. But they're hungry." And then she laid down again. I half expected her to grow fangs and lunge at me for a second when I realized what she'd said.
She is obviously talking about your eyebrow microbes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91157 on: October 09, 2012, 11:56:31 pm »

I still love that game's plot.  Especially how the key to getting into the Empire to free gods from another world is to impersonate an opera singer (who simply never appears for no given reason) to carjack a rich hobo, and winds up hinging on fighting a vaudvillain octopus to full orchestral accompaniment.

Don't tease the octopus, kids.

But yeah, I rate FF6 in my top RPGs of all time. And the soundtrack was absolutely amazing. Synthesized SNES music that I can still listen to to this day, and pick out new themes and elements I missed. I listen to it the same way I do a musical or classical piece. (That Overture! :O)

Hans, my brother used to do that when we shared a room as kids. This one time when I was up late on our computer, he bolted up, looked dead at me, and slowly and deliberately warned me, "Put the cup on the table. That way, they won't know you're there. It's very important."

He then promptly fell over and went back to sleep. Needless to say, I went and put my cup on the table. Last thing I wanted was for them to find me.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:06:09 am by Solifuge »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91158 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:39 am »

He then promptly fell over and went back to sleep. Needless to say, I went and put my cup on the table. Last thing I wanted was for them to find me.
Smart move man, smart move.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #91159 on: October 10, 2012, 12:06:21 am »

Finished you are alone. Whew.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #91160 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:55 am »

Kefka is still one of my favorite villains of all time.  He is the best personification of nihilistic insanity I've ever seen, and it did interesting things for the story. 

He was essentially written as a force of nature, with almost no development beyond surface personality.  This cleared the way for the game to focus completely on the protagonists, who all had deep personal issues to work out.  So what happened was all this saving the world business was turned into a heroic group therapy session.  It's pretty well divided too, if you think about it, how you learn about everybody's problems in the first half of the game, the apocalypse actually happens, and then the process of rebuilding a broken world inspires everyone to resolve their issues together.

This is the same formula that's made the zombie genre so damn popular.  The story isn't about the zombies or the apocalypse.  That's just the setting.  The actual story is about the survivor's personal issues and group dynamics.

I think the writers for FF6 came up with this awesome cast of protagonists, who are all impressively non-cliched even today, and then said "Well shit.  There's so much protagonist backstory to work through, there's hardly any room for main villain conflict.  Fuck it!  We don't need some complex partially-sympathetic villain plot.  Let's just throw in a classic unquestionably pure evil megalomaniac to fight and be done with it... and we might as well make him the most memorably, gleefully insane megalomaniac ever!" 

I also interpret Kefka's image a little differently from most people.  Most look at him as your standard insane jester cliche.  I don't think he's actually meant to be seen that way.  I think he just wants attention.  He sees himself as the ultimate royal being of all the universe, and he expresses his self-image to others by dressing in the biggest, brightest clothing possible.  He overdoes it to the point of looking like an absurd caricature of royalty -- a clown.

Damn, I really need to make this cosplay actually happen.  Gencon 2013.  I will be Kefka.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91161 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26:43 am »

I made a really cool object in my Sculpture class!
It's a Venus of Willendorf inspired ceramic sculpture. I had a lot of fun making the butt and the boobs. lol

And tomorrow we'll start sculpting stone!
I think I'll make a dragon. All curled up so no fragile breaking bits.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91162 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:57 am »

I made a really cool object in my Sculpture class!
It's a Venus of Willendorf inspired ceramic sculpture. I had a lot of fun making the butt and the boobs. lol

And tomorrow we'll start sculpting stone!
I think I'll make a dragon. All curled up so no fragile breaking bits.

Pictures? :D The last time I sculpted something I was five. "This is a snake. See, there's its eyes and its mouth. It's angry."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91163 on: October 10, 2012, 01:53:35 am »

On art, Ride Of The Valkyries. Awesome song right there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #91164 on: October 10, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

I love you, Truean. Let's go out.

Anyway, my happy today is that I got to work in another Polish warehouse.

I don't even know why that makes me happy! It just does! :D
Haspen is a Pole.

...er.

Okay? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91165 on: October 10, 2012, 02:13:24 am »

* kaijyuu shrugs.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91166 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:03 am »

Ahhh, Australian politics.
Julia Gillard labelling Tony Abbot a misogynist and sexist.

Never has Gillard looked more like the Prime Minister than now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91167 on: October 10, 2012, 02:54:51 am »

My shirt was completely soaked with sweat earlier. The wet patch under the armpit met up with the one covering the entire back, that's how hot it was. And I was just sitting in the car!
I like it when I can sweat like crazy without having to exercise. :P I'd started to put on weight through winter, so this sorta weather should get rid of that pretty quick.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91168 on: October 10, 2012, 03:07:10 am »

The fact that the ayn rand objectivism thread derailed into philosophical objectivism and debate over knowledge systems makes me very happy.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91169 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:49 am »

Ahhh, Australian politics.
Julia Gillard labelling Tony Abbot a misogynist and sexist.

Never has Gillard looked more like the Prime Minister than now.

Really gives you hope for the future, doesn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 6076 6077 [6078] 6079 6080 ... 13325