Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5911 5912 [5913] 5914 5915 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797462 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88680 on: September 17, 2012, 05:50:22 pm »

It'd work better as one of those long, eloquent stories that end on a bad pun.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88681 on: September 17, 2012, 05:50:37 pm »

Is it really that difficult to be off soda? I drink it when it's around, but I'm perfectly fine when it's not.

Also I never buy any since there are always better drinks. Yoohoo and apple juice are the best.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88682 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »

Different people are hit with addiction in different ways. Caffeine is definitely addictive, and there could be some behavioral addiction as well. So yeah, it could be a difficult thing to break.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88683 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

I made a joke. A and B are having a gun duel. B fires and A stands there nonchalantly. Nothing happens, so B fires again. And again. He wastes all the bullets in his gun. Then A shoots him and walks up to B as he lies dying. "So what was it?" asks B. "I've thought about it and I'm drawing a blank."
e_________e

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #88684 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »

everyone read this right now

Different people are hit with addiction in different ways. Caffeine is definitely addictive, and there could be some behavioral addiction as well. So yeah, it could be a difficult thing to break.

Admittedly caffeine has a pretty weak effect on me. I guess I can see how others would have it worse.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88685 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55:41 pm »

Mostly this. If I really wanted to, I could just not drink soda (And I've done it before), but I like drinking soda, so I'm going to keep drinking soda. I'm not really doing if for the caffiene (I don't even notice the amounts of caffiene in a soda) I'm doing it for the taste of soda. Or maybe its the caffiene working on my subconscious. Either way, I like it, and I will keep doing it until it hurts me. Then I'll stop for a couple days. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88686 on: September 17, 2012, 05:58:52 pm »

everyone read this right now
I read this story eons ago and haven't been able to find it since. Bookmarking :D

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88688 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:08 pm »

Pretty good story, though it ends a little... abruptly for my liking.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88689 on: September 17, 2012, 08:23:04 pm »

Have you ever not eaten for a long time, exercised to utter exhaustion during that period, and then eaten most of a day's worth of food? That's where I am right now. My parasympathetic nerves are very overstimulated right now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88690 on: September 17, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »

Hey, I have. Violently sick thereafter! Though it was more like lowered appetite for a while, then the stuffs, then gorging (i.e. a day's worth of food in one go), then stomach rebellion. Makes me feel incredibly miserable~

Though I lost the ability to really eat like, a decade ago. One day I just stopped being able to eat as much without getting sick enough to put me down for the rest of the day. Smaller portions since. Less grease, too. Some days I miss regular fried food. Then I bake something and all is well~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88691 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

I wish I weren't such a big eater. It's inconvenient, and can be expensive at restaurants.

as all medical advice says for... everything, avoid spicy and fatty foods!

cold? avoid fatty and spicy foods!
diarrhoea? avoid fatty and spicy foods!
skin tumor? yeah, you can guess.
My answer to this?

cold? Eat buffalo wings!
diarrhoea? Eat buffalo wings!
skin tumor? Eat ALL the buffalo wings!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88692 on: September 17, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

Perhaps it is inauspicious to listen to Dentist (From Little Shop of Horrors) when I have an appointment tomorrow.... But I don't care. It's such a good schlocky song.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88693 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »

I think one of the reasons I did soda aside from the fact that it wasn't alcoholic and I really needed something that wasn't, was the energy it provided. Oddly enough it's not helping with my primary block right now, anxiety. [shrugs]. Soda was clearly the lesser of two evils for me, and it wasn't even all THAT terrible.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88694 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »

as all medical advice says for... everything, avoid spicy and fatty foods!

cold? avoid fatty and spicy foods!
diarrhoea? avoid fatty and spicy foods!
skin tumor? yeah, you can guess.
My answer to this?

cold? Eat buffalo wings!
diarrhoea? Eat buffalo wings!
skin tumor? Eat ALL the buffalo wings!
I mean, if you're dying you might as well eat buffalo wings. It isn't like you have anything better to do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5911 5912 [5913] 5914 5915 ... 13325