Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5889 5890 [5891] 5892 5893 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796666 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88350 on: September 14, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »

>Simcity 4
>first year, city i growing out of control
>no possible way this could end badly
>start running into debt, find a flaw in placing industrial sector nearby water pumps
>fuck fuck fuck get a loan
>try to move pumps
>pumps have no power, people start moving out
>spend entirety of loan
>suddenly schools suck
>deep in debt
>ousted for debt

I didn't even know that could happen, and I definitely didn't know it was going to happen then. But playing simcity gave me nostalgia.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88351 on: September 14, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

>Simcity 4
>first year, city i growing out of control
>no possible way this could end badly
>start running into debt, find a flaw in placing industrial sector nearby water pumps
>fuck fuck fuck get a loan
>try to move pumps
>pumps have no power, people start moving out
>spend entirety of loan
>suddenly schools suck
>deep in debt
>ousted for debt

I didn't even know that could happen, and I definitely didn't know it was going to happen then. But playing simcity gave me nostalgia.
Fool, you didn't exploit your garbage to your neighbors :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88352 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

Or take advantage of non-existent neighboring economies.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88353 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »

I didn't have any, I always pick the biggest site for a city and it was a few squares away from the nearest cities.

Hilariously, this is as far as I've ever gotten in simcity. I had skyscrapers.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88354 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:52 pm »

I did say non-existent. xD You can have people commute to companies that don't even exist if you make roads to the side of the map, and increase demand somehow.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88355 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »

I was just talking about Bill Nye to my madre, and she said he got in trouble recently for protesting against the teaching of creationism in schools. [Comments redacted to prevent offense to religious people]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88356 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:14 pm »

Why would that get him in trouble? ._.
Unless he said it on public TV.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88357 on: September 14, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »

I was just talking about Bill Nye to my madre, and she said he got in trouble recently for protesting against the teaching of creationism in schools. [Comments redacted to prevent offense to religious people]
Huh. Is there a link to a news article that you found, or just hearsay?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88358 on: September 14, 2012, 09:29:45 pm »

Was he for or against Pluto's planet status?

Against actually. I myself don't care a lot either way, but i think that if they had decided to maintain pluto as a planet a few other orbiting bodies would be up for nomination for that status as well.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88359 on: September 14, 2012, 09:31:04 pm »

Why would that get him in trouble? ._.
Unless he said it on public TV.

Even then, it's his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. EVEN people that disagree with the Bible. *Gasp!*

Sorry, I shouldn't say that I guess. We gotta be super PC toward religions because... They can't take criticism or something. I don't know. :/ Why can't people approach such comments with an open mind instead of a closed fist?

Here's one I just now found.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:40:32 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88360 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

Or this one.

EDIT: It's a bit confusing, though.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:35:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88361 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

Or this one.

The widely known Science Geek says the teaching of certain values leads to confusion among the masses. “You’re world just becomes fantastically complicated when you don’t believe in evolution, Nye says.

I'm going to hope that was the copywriter's error and not Bill's.  Which would be really weird if Bill were talking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88362 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:41 pm »

Yeah, the report is confisging adn filed with graamer erors.
Sig! Onol

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88363 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

I don't like that second one. I think the grammar is a bit off.
It's also cluttered with quotes in italics. o_o
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:41:21 pm by Skyrunner »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #88364 on: September 14, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

Not that weird. Nye recently had a stroke if I remember right. so it depends. It's a very minor error anyway.

In either case religious debate really isn't for this thread. So go ahead and talk about Bill Nye being awesome, but don't bring in something that's flamebait to some people on this forum.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 5889 5890 [5891] 5892 5893 ... 13325