Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5837 5838 [5839] 5840 5841 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746424 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87570 on: September 08, 2012, 02:17:43 am »

Lifegain can potentially throw a burn deck off it's wheels. One guy at an FNM recommended Pristine Talismans as a good way of mana accel and lifegain rolled into one, and another recommended Glimmerposts which gain you a little life, but they go off big if you can tutor multiples of them onto the battlefield at once, say with a Primeval Titan. Though if you do go the counterspell route, consider boarding in some Redirects just for the REVENGE BURN!

I mean, seriously, look at that flavor text, that's a sweet burn right there Jace.
At FNM today the guy who won was running a black/white exalted deck with Vampire Nighthawk (1 mana 2 black, 2/3 flying death-touch lifesteal), Rox Faithmender(1/5 all life gained is doubled) and Sublime archangel(Fuck it's stats, all creatures gain exaulted)

Basically he would have all his Exalted knights out and would be swinging for 5-7 every turn gaining twice that in life. There is no way you are going to out swing that without something insanely powerful.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're playing black get 4 Nighthawks.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87571 on: September 08, 2012, 02:32:10 am »

Lifegain can potentially throw a burn deck off it's wheels. One guy at an FNM recommended Pristine Talismans as a good way of mana accel and lifegain rolled into one, and another recommended Glimmerposts which gain you a little life, but they go off big if you can tutor multiples of them onto the battlefield at once, say with a Primeval Titan. Though if you do go the counterspell route, consider boarding in some Redirects just for the REVENGE BURN!

I mean, seriously, look at that flavor text, that's a sweet burn right there Jace.
At FNM today the guy who won was running a black/white exalted deck with Vampire Nighthawk (1 mana 2 black, 2/3 flying death-touch lifesteal), Rox Faithmender(1/5 all life gained is doubled) and Sublime archangel(Fuck it's stats, all creatures gain exaulted)

Basically he would have all his Exalted knights out and would be swinging for 5-7 every turn gaining twice that in life. There is no way you are going to out swing that without something insanely powerful.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're playing black get 4 Nighthawks.

Vampire Nighthawks are extremely efficient for their price, and they just got reprinted so they'll stay in standard for awhile, AND they're only about 50 cents each if you buy online, I can't vouch for how much your local card shop sells them at.

That said, they're a good investment even if they die immediately, since they're the kind of creature that just is just a magnet for removal, so he'll atleast be attracting some of the burn that would ordinarily be going at your face.

Sublime archangels though? Try 21 dollars each at the very cheapest.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87572 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:38 am »

Does anyone else have no clue what they're saying? :P
I realize it has something to do with a card game, but everything else is Esperanto to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87573 on: September 08, 2012, 02:35:18 am »

Does anyone else have no clue what they're saying? :P
I realize it has something to do with a card game, but everything else is Esperanto to me.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Magic: The Gathering, but beyond that I have no clue either.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87574 on: September 08, 2012, 02:40:55 am »

M:tG; and I have just enough knowledge to know that I'm way out of my depth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87575 on: September 08, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

It's not THAT complicated...

That may just be my inner nerd speaking though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87576 on: September 08, 2012, 02:45:16 am »

Mostly as per dice, heh, though I haven't actually seen anything I don't understand (I still recognize the lingo, which is actually a little surprising...), just nothing that I'd be particularly capable of actually constructing myself :P

Have played, a little. Would pretty much never play the physical game again (at least to the extent of constructing my own deck. Costs way, way too much money.), but there's free programs out nowadays that let you run it hotseat or online so who needs the money sink, eh? Still, it's a fairly interesting card game. More fun to play than poker, anyway :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87577 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:01 am »

Found out my granddad did the 3D drawings for Mars express.

Feeling proud when there isnt really any reason to be proud ftw!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87578 on: September 08, 2012, 11:28:17 am »

DFO music is so awesome, especially boss themes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87579 on: September 08, 2012, 01:42:36 pm »

Is there an MTG thread yet?

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #87580 on: September 08, 2012, 02:15:01 pm »

Chris Kluwe's riposte to Emmett C. Burns Jr. (Strong language.)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87581 on: September 08, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

My beard is no more, and I said that I was pansexual to my parents. This is a good day.

Now I just need to finish the picture I've been trying to find time for and my day would be complete.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87582 on: September 08, 2012, 02:45:25 pm »

Did they go "What the hell does that mean?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87583 on: September 08, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »

I wish I could actually convince my mom and stepdad that I'm bi. I've tried to come out of the closet to them before, and they refused to believe me.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87584 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:56 pm »

They didn't start calling you a unicorn, did they?
Pages: 1 ... 5837 5838 [5839] 5840 5841 ... 13325