Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5712 5713 [5714] 5715 5716 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808817 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85695 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:08 am »

http://what-if.xkcd.com/7/

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
I though this week's entry was meh. Interesting, but needed more relativistic baseballs or minor moons made of mole meat.  ;D

You overlook the potential benefits of the new Olympic discipline: Nuclear shockwave surfing. It would be a blast!

I hate myself now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85696 on: August 16, 2012, 09:26:11 am »

Once I made a printer out of Lego.
I made a machine that built a car.
I made an arcade racing game. This was about 25 years ago, before they started to make "electrical" stuff, you needed one hand to steer and one to crank the gears :)
Out of Lego?
Yeah, it was a roll of paper with buildings drawn on it running on big wheels, a "car" in the middle that you could move left or right, and turning the wheel would scroll the (infinite) roll of paper. So it looped every 5 seconds, but it did have collision detection if you bumped into a building. Yes kids, that was the closest thing we had to a "computer".

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85697 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
Oh no he said centrifugal force everybody to the bunkers before the hate mail comes!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85698 on: August 16, 2012, 01:39:08 pm »

Making some homemade pizza.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #85699 on: August 16, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

HOW DID I MISS THIS wow had no idea someone put this together.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #85700 on: August 16, 2012, 02:14:35 pm »

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
Oh no he said centrifugal force everybody to the bunkers before the hate mail comes!

Centrifugal force is exactly as much a force as gravity is!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #85701 on: August 16, 2012, 03:48:06 pm »

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
I though this week's entry was meh. Interesting, but needed more relativistic baseballs or minor moons made of mole meat.  ;D
Yeah, this week's was, IMO, the weakest one yet. I could have written more on the topic even w/o looking up any sources. :P

I mean, he doesn't even go into any of the details surrounding things, or even the one accidental test of nuclear propulsion.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85702 on: August 16, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
Yeah, this week's was, IMO, the weakest one yet. I could have written more on the topic even w/o looking up any sources. :P

I mean, he doesn't even go into any of the details surrounding things, or even the one accidental test of nuclear propulsion.
It strikes me that that'd make one hell of a low-tech way to build mass driver cannons for space defense. A projectile at roughly Mach 194 is going to leave heap big mark, once you figure out how to design it so that the core doesn't ablate.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85703 on: August 16, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »

Awwwwwwwww yeah!
Centrifugal force is exactly as much a force as gravity is!
[hatemail]Gravity's real, though. Centrifugal 'force' is just Centripetal force's evil twin that keeps trying to convince everyone it's not just a byproduct of the former. Inertia, man![/hatemail]

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85704 on: August 16, 2012, 05:08:20 pm »

Which has henceforth been termed a "thunder well."

Hell yeah.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85705 on: August 16, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »

HOW DID I MISS THIS wow had no idea someone put this together.
CONTINUE TO PLAY YOUR HARD FORTRESS!

TAKE IT LIKE A MAN! (I hope you're a man, else this is gonna be a balls-up)
TAKE IT LIKE A MAN ANYWAYS!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85706 on: August 16, 2012, 07:34:15 pm »

Nothing yet. One day, possibly soon, we will have fully immersive virtual reality legos, with an infinite number and variation of blocks and a building arena theoretically unending.

On that day, our species will have achieved apotheosis.

Isn't that called Minecraft?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85707 on: August 16, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

No, minecraft, aside from one nice pack, is more annoying to put additional pieces in than adding new pieces of lego to an existing piece. It needs to have much easier modding to count as that first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85708 on: August 16, 2012, 07:37:35 pm »

Nothing yet. One day, possibly soon, we will have fully immersive virtual reality legos, with an infinite number and variation of blocks and a building arena theoretically unending.

On that day, our species will have achieved apotheosis.

Isn't that called Minecraft?
Modern Lego is a bit more complex than a buncha blocks. There are enough hinges, joints, orientation switching pieces and rod pieces that a straight Minecraft rip would not include most of the good stuff of Lego.

One day though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85709 on: August 16, 2012, 07:45:12 pm »

No, minecraft, aside from one nice pack, is more annoying to put additional pieces in than adding new pieces of lego to an existing piece. It needs to have much easier modding to count as that first.

Well, that official API by the Bukkit team is in the works, along with the plugin system that will make modding as easy as dropping files into a folder.
Pages: 1 ... 5712 5713 [5714] 5715 5716 ... 13326