Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773221 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Shirt?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Free shirt!
For like, moderating and such.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

My favorite patients are the people-who-don't-really-have-anything-wrong-with-them-but-are-generally-anxious-and-come-complaining-of-mundane-aches-thinking-it's-serious. No, really. See, in ER you're not supposed to take too many patients at once, and the worriers combine two interesting features:
- they are easy: for the most part you don't have to worry too much about them
- they take long: because despite the fact that you're 99% sure thar it's conversion the minute they start telling you of their aches and worries, you still have to make sure they dont in fact have something serious. And those tests take time. Plus, they tend to be very verbose  (just smile and nod and type)

This means that if you have a couple of worriers as patients you'll have your hands full with them for at least 2-3 hours yet for the most part they wont be very demanding. So you just listen patiently to them,and wait for the test results, thus getting for yourself  a "break" of sorts. Moreover, they're very grateful for the attention afterwards.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

3-day weekends from now until the end of my internship. :D

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

dhokarena56, on untapped but potentially profitable business models:

"You know, there isn't a law that says that fourteen-year-old girls can't do part-time waiting of tables in a Hooter's uniform, except the uniform is made of leather and they're wearing cat ears and stilettoes."

It's been a long, hot summer afternoon.
.....are you in Japan? You're in Japan, aren't you.

Naw, America. We could scrap the cat ears. The problem is that being 14, although part-time work is legal, they can't serve booze.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Keep the cat ears. And make sure they're these.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

"You know, there isn't a law that says that fourteen-year-old girls can't do part-time waiting of tables in a Hooter's uniform, except the uniform is made of leather and they're wearing cat ears and stilettoes."

Naw, America. We could scrap the cat ears. The problem is that being 14, although part-time work is legal, they can't serve booze.
I would approve of this if the patrons where tracked after.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would approve of this if the patrons where tracked after.

Now I'm imagining a restaurant named "Chris Hanson's Mmm-mmm Ribs".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

My favorite patients are the people-who-don't-really-have-anything-wrong-with-them-but-are-generally-anxious-and-come-complaining-of-mundane-aches-thinking-it's-serious. No, really. See, in ER you're not supposed to take too many patients at once, and the worriers combine two interesting features:
- they are easy: for the most part you don't have to worry too much about them
- they take long: because despite the fact that you're 99% sure thar it's conversion the minute they start telling you of their aches and worries, you still have to make sure they dont in fact have something serious. And those tests take time. Plus, they tend to be very verbose  (just smile and nod and type)

This means that if you have a couple of worriers as patients you'll have your hands full with them for at least 2-3 hours yet for the most part they wont be very demanding. So you just listen patiently to them,and wait for the test results, thus getting for yourself  a "break" of sorts. Moreover, they're very grateful for the attention afterwards.
What would you do with someone like me? Every time I wind up in the hospital, I always hear, "Well, we didn't know he was sick. He was just fine. He hasn't complained in a month. What do you mean he should be fucking dead with those sodium levels!?" I sleep for two days, absorb about 30-40 IVs of stuff, and then return to your daily scheduled MZ.

That, and no one can figure my arm out. I'm convinced that I have the GodHand hiding in my left arm.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Change your name to Midas. Just because it would be awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Well, my arm (from shoulder to fingertips) has been asleep since April of '08. I haven't lost any strength in the arm itself or my grip, I haven't lost muscle tone, I haven't lost fine motor control, and the arm hasn't fallen off yet...so I'm not terribly worried about it. It's just tingly. All the time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Sounds like sensory nerve damage. Damage yourself in a cave-in and get a new diagnosis.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Well, my arm (from shoulder to fingertips) has been asleep since April of '08. I haven't lost any strength in the arm itself or my grip, I haven't lost muscle tone, I haven't lost fine motor control, and the arm hasn't fallen off yet...so I'm not terribly worried about it. It's just tingly. All the time.
That has to be the single most annoying thing to have wrong with you, I honestly can't stand that feeling when a part of your body falls asleep like that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Has it glowed and then been punched with? Theres another thing for God Hand proving.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

All tests of nerves came back negative. 3 sets of ECG/EMG.

That has to be the single most annoying thing to have wrong with you, I honestly can't stand that feeling when a part of your body falls asleep like that.
Now have that feeling run nonstop for four years. :P

Has it glowed and then been punched with? Theres another thing for God Hand proving.
Nope, no glowing, despite large quantities of punches thrown.

Pages: 1 ... 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 ... 13325