Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5620 5621 [5622] 5623 5624 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788373 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Where are you guys getting these things? I need to have a talk with these suppliers.
In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger Direct/CompUSA had stripped out the old hard drive for independent sale and replaced it with some third-rate one to make more money. I can't prove that since I don't have the thing anymore, but that's my hypothesis.
Really? Did you buy it from Tiger Direct/CompUSA? Because my first laptop was a somewhat used piece of junk HP from them that had its hard drive deteriorate to failure in five months when, even taking its age into account, said hard drive should have lasted three or four more years.
I got it from a pawn shop pretty much, it was in pretty good condition when I got it. And it wasn't even the hard drive. It was the charger, then the fan, then the monitor, then parts of the keyboard and finally the soundcard and touchpad.

By the end I had to open parts up and move wires around and tape them in positions to get the thing working well enough to secure myself a new laptop. Some of those cheapass wires were practically disintegrating.

The hardrive BARELY failed when I checked if I could possibly install it into my current laptop.

Ill stand by my assessment of HP only really being good for printers thank you very much.
So much for my CompUSA conspiracy theory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Nope. That was two years ago at best, since the current laptop was a graduation present.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Picnic bench is best table?

I've actually played all of the games I've gotten in the steam sale for at least 3 hours each! Maybe I've learned financial responsibility?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I just had the most hilarious death in a game so far. I got an expensive heavy mech thing and then I boosted it right off a cliff into the ocean, in Blacklight: Retribution.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm.... Hey MaximumZero, is there any way for you to check whether HP support/development for the Radeon HD 6770M graphics card driver is still ongoing?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I just had the most hilarious death in a game so far. I got an expensive heavy mech thing and then I boosted it right off a cliff into the ocean, in Blacklight: Retribution.

I did the same thing once... off the same spot, probably.  Most anti-climactic moment ever.  I climbed into that hardsuit thinking "Fuck yeah time for a 10 kill streak, at least!", and the very first thing I do is turn to my right and fly straight off the map.  I was too stunned at my own stupidity to even be upset about it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

The worst part was, I actually killed someone who was also in a hardsuit. I was thinking "hell yeah this is awesome" and then boosted away.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes, I've done that one too, and seen quite a lot of hard suits stuck off the edge, they really should make those railings a little higher.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Oh yes, I've done that one too, and seen quite a lot of hard suits stuck off the edge, they really should get rid of those railings and add a crosswind.
Better, hee hee.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

There's that one specific spot on... I think the map's called Offshore?  Close to the middle of the map where there's that three level structure with all the mesh walls, there's a spot where there's an upgrade station and then right next to that is a small, slightly de-elevated walkway with no railing at all.  I didn't know the map very well yet, so I had no idea.  I just... assumed there would be ground there.  There wasn't.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I did that without the hard suit.

So I was playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations today, and got to a part where I had to rescue some civilians that were being pestered by teh evul doods. I've only got one lady left to save, and I run up to her oppressors and start stabbing...

Only to get the "don't kill civilians!" message, along with the announcement that I successfully saved all of the civilians. Me: ???

It took me a second to realize that one of my AI friends had stabbed the mook before me, and so I stabbed the person behind him - The woman I was rescuing. Yet, the game told me that I'd done good and saved her.

Gave me a good laugh.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

At 11 AM, I decided to try out Victoria II: A House Divided, having just gotten it from the Steam Summer Sale. It's 1 AM.

Good times were had. As the USA, I smashed Mexico, and somehow pulled out a win over the UK when they intervened. (I only got New Mexico.) I smashed Mexico again, and scraped by the UK with the rest of Texas just as they had landed another 45000 troops in Canada. Now, with Austria and the United States of Central America at my side, I will be skipping over the Mexico hogwash and just fighting the UK, since that's what the earlier wars boiled down to anyway. (Minus ~30000 of my troops bumrushing Mexico.) And that Civil War thing? Crushed in 1 year and 7 days. Wasn't much of a fight, really. I just sorta walked in and besieged everything.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Man sometimes curiosity gets me into the weirdest things. And I don't even know why I like it.

Oh well. In less weird happy GW2 OBW3 starts in less than 12 hours.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I now have Scott Pilgrim Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 5.

Time to track down the others.

On a sadder note, I feel slightly ripped off when I found out there's a complete collection of Scott Pilgrim Books at another bookstore. I'm never going to buy it, because I already have the others. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 5620 5621 [5622] 5623 5624 ... 13325