Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789923 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I'd probably just punch him in the face for being such a sucky god. Hurricanes, floods, hunger, HIV/AIDS, mosquitoes, extreme poverty, slavery and human trafficking, the Westboro Baptist Church...

The list goes on. What the hell, christian god?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

We should probably cool this before stuff gets out of hand, as it always does. Descan, your second paragraph sorta leads to a weird place for the thread. Let's try to avoid that, alright? Happy place.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

As usual, Duke is right. I can redact my statement if need be.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Nah, don't worry about it. We just won't let that conversation grow any further in this thread. Rage thread seems like an apt place to explore it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

We could always start a new thread again, provided that someone with a cool head was willing to moderate.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

* Descan points at ANYONE else!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Yeah, totally not me. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Not it!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

I would offer, as I can keep a cool head and detached perspective in religious discussions, but I couldn't guarantee that I won't suddenly disappear at some point.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

♫THAAAAA PHAAAAAAANTOM OF THE LI-BRA-RY IS HERE!♫

~♫inside my mind♫~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I can't guarantee I won't really want to wring the neck of anyone who claims knowledge. So, not me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think my religious perspectives are skewed to Hell and back; even coming up with a theory that "If God really did make us in His image, then we are as much gods ourselves as He was one of us.", Factoring in Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, that would then prove that we are indeed in the same design, and therefore much like God ourselves, if not ARE God himself. Why am I now thinking we are *fingers* of somebody from *above*? This can make some people rather *frumple*.

In any other case, while retaining what I learned, I don't think I want to be associated with any of the nuts and psychopaths/exploiters in my religion. It makes me ashamed to be Catholic considering how much my beliefs counter what is common perspective these days. I wish more of what I was taught was common practice these days (tolerance, patience, love for one another, basically being a hippie, but self-sufficient while at it and helping others out when they are struggling and whatnot; essentially, kind and practical and tolerant of other beliefs and finding a way to coexist with them). What the hell happened to us?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:14:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Well at this point, what we know about the universe through !SCIENCE! seems to suggest one of two options is likely. The first being universe generation similar to that theorized by Hawking. The second being this is a computer simulation and we are simulated entities within a computer-like system 'one level up' so to speak. Which could be anything from an actual computer system designed by intelligent beings similar to ourselves and running a universe simulation with our parameters.... all the way to some sort of emergent phenomena whose rules happened to shuffle information around in such a way as to generate the basic laws of our universe.

The problem with this being we have no indication of how likely this could be. :)
It's a sort of analogy to the problem of the Drake equation; a lack of samples outside of the one made up by us, with that one by us being tautologically positive for any species capable of thinking about the equation. In this case, we do generate simulated universes, both as games (universes unlike ours) and simulations (universes replicating multiple aspects of ours). It is all but certain we will be able to create simulations of people and simulated worlds for them to live in to such an accurate extent as for them to be self aware and find themselves in the same position we are; unable to tell whether their world is simulated. It would be a much less complex universe than our own; but would be considered just as much a universe to its inhabitants as ours is to us. There may be hints as to whether we are in a simulation or not which could be hidden in the lowest levels of physics, but we probably won't spot any if they exist until a bottom-level theory of everything is close to being nailed down.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

An interesting thought came to mind, my previous post being somewhat relevant:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, we ARE gods, since we can create and destroy worlds as well as be total assholes and inject our avatars in the flesh of those universes within and do whatever the hell we feel like with them (as well as ascend, body and all, and not die either, resurrect others that have died and whatnot instantly and so on), just at a mere glimpse of thought about our minds. Looking back at childhood, we make worlds regularly, and destroy them without a second thought (Old Testament of our life cycle), and just as easily replace them; as we grow older and do make stuff from our own imagination to add into worlds, we're much less assholes and try to simulate all kinds of things and begin to find more peaceful solutions (New Testament stage), and when we're finally done with it once and for all, back to destruction/demolition to replace it with a new one (Revelations).

I'll have to admit, either God is an asshole, or he's still pretty young for a god, and probably in his teens or something; otherwise, He could be an adult about to finish His story.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:30:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Why am I now thinking we are *fingers* of somebody from *above*? This can make some people rather *frumple*.
I assure you it's rather more difficult than merely that to make people rather Frumple. Somewhat, perhaps, but not rather.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 13325