Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5483 5484 [5485] 5486 5487 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760376 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

From Drawception

Man, even if I had a tablet of some sort I don't think I could drawception that well.

I hate KC Green in all the best ways.
I am finished reading through the archives, so I don't have to deal with it anymore.
What in the Nine Hells?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I've discovered the joy of using a Travesty Generator to create fantasy setting words and names. Just plug in a bunch of words whose syllables evoke the right mood, set the unit size to 2 or 3, and have a blast.
Link? I searched for Travesty Generator, but I'm not sure which of the results are what you're using.
The one linked here. Generally I set a unit to size 2 and have to retravesty a couple of times, and often you have to do a bit of fudging to get things to fit, but it's a really excellent place to start I'm thinking.
I looks like you need to copy/paste DF raws into it. Is that right, or can you get results from just about anything else?
Just about everything.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

From Drawception

Man, even if I had a tablet of some sort I don't think I could drawception that well.

Considering they're the best player in the entire game by points, neither can anyone else.  Look at this stuff.  It's damn impressive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From Drawception

I am simultaneously like Squee~! and oh god my soul/sanity/non-granite state of being over here.

I want that hairbrush you have no idea

We used to have a hairbrush like that which we used on the dogs.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I've discovered the joy of using a Travesty Generator to create fantasy setting words and names. Just plug in a bunch of words whose syllables evoke the right mood, set the unit size to 2 or 3, and have a blast.
Link? I searched for Travesty Generator, but I'm not sure which of the results are what you're using.
The one linked here. Generally I set a unit to size 2 and have to retravesty a couple of times, and often you have to do a bit of fudging to get things to fit, but it's a really excellent place to start I'm thinking.
I looks like you need to copy/paste DF raws into it. Is that right, or can you get results from just about anything else?
You can use anything. DF raws just happen to generate entertaining almost-RAWS results. It procedurally generates more text from your input text, basically.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Looking at nyancatimusprime's stuff and stumbled upon "Balrog vs Darth Vader"

Awesome prompt results in awesome pic.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

You can use anything. DF raws just happen to generate entertaining almost-RAWS results. It procedurally generates more text from your input text, basically.
Does it work well with stories? Because if it does, I have a great idea.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Messing about on voxx's server. Devised a fiendish trap, made my friend hate me, made him love me again when I let him wreck the trap (which was also the tallest structure on the map)

Also, listening to Sim City 4 music. It's really good :o I have that around here somewhere, I need to play it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:12:33 am by Vertigon »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Looking at nyancatimusprime's stuff and stumbled upon "Balrog vs Darth Vader"

Awesome prompt results in awesome pic.

Love it!

Getting back into this game the last couple days...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

What game is that, Vert?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Looks like King Arthur's Gold.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

It is, zombie fortress mode.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup! That server is pretty silly. Sometimes I will pick a map with an island in the middle and flood everything else. I call it Trouble in Paradise, which is also what I named the server. And then sometimes I will get bored and build enormous structures; castles, cathredals, keg hockey courts, etc.

Well, I built a keg hockey court, but too many people were using kegs to grief, so I removed them.

The trap I made was pretty great. So there are tunnels, which are buildings that will transport you in either direction, to the next tunnel. So I built a tunnel at the top of the map, and put spikes below it. So every so often, I'd hear:

*teleport sound* *loooooong scream* *splat*

I even built a counter for it, but only 6 people fell. I said they were being sacrificed to appease the water golds, or else the map would flood :p waterLevel(-1); is one of my favorite commands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It is, zombie fortress mode.

Confirmed.

KAG is a great game, had some great fun on Rayne's Water Fun time, 64 players test.
Was one of the most hilarious and intense games in ages.

Red was raining arrows down on us, and kegs were flying everywhere.

Fixed my computer thinking that my keyboard is a qwerty randomly (i then have to close the window and restart it to fix that :x)
Was a little "auto-adjust" featue, i dont know what the fuck it would be good for.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

So I tried entering some song lyrics into that travesty generator and got a jumbled mess. I mean, it's like it took words, mixed all the letters together at random, and jammed the result together. How am I supposed to make stories out of things like "ryeckiglyssese" or "tlerundaftoman'sin"? What am I doing wrong?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5483 5484 [5485] 5486 5487 ... 13325