Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5300 5301 [5302] 5303 5304 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808235 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Rain is the best sleep noise.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately for me and the few quiet lovers out there, the world actually seems to be very heavily populated with noise lovers. :[

Not that I hold it against any of you guys, different people have different needs.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Discovered the best emoticon over in the sad thread:

=_=

It's shutter shades!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Well, it's not like I enjoy loud noises. I'd probably have a hard time sleeping next to a freeway or train track :P

Nice quiet sounds are the best for me. My ceiling fan, for instance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Pnx, the to-date best investment I've made re:noise was a pair of cheapo winchester gun range earmuff things. Twenty bucks, much sleep.

If it's not enough, you get some earplugs too and wear them both. Only damn thing you'll hear is your heartbeat and breathing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pnx, the to-date best investment I've made re:noise was a pair of cheapo winchester gun range earmuff things. Twenty bucks, much sleep.

If it's not enough, you get some earplugs too and wear them both. Only damn thing you'll hear is your heartbeat and breathing.
I've tried earmuffs and earplugs, trouble is it usually fails to completely cancel the things that are actually bothering me, like buzzing sounds, or someone talking loudly just underneath my room, and it tends to be kind of uncomfortable to wear them for an extended period of time.

Still I'm a lot better at coping with these things than I used to be. I'm also capable of sleeping in a room with light in it now, once upon a time I had to get rid of my clock because it was of the backlit variety.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Wife's laptop hard drive crashed and wouldn't boot windows.  She breaks down crying, because she had just written two papers on that hard drive and had three more due tomorrow.  I install PartedMagic on a thumb drive and save the day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Wife's laptop hard drive crashed and wouldn't boot windows.  She breaks down crying, because she had just written two papers on that hard drive and had three more due tomorrow.  I install PartedMagic on a thumb drive and save the day.
Huzzah!

Also, Ninja Warrior's on! (It's American Ninja Warrior, but that's close enough when you don't have cable.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

Ah, re-reading DMFA. Shakespeare spiders are one of the best things ever.
Wut?  What's this about Shakespeare spiders?

Huzzah!

Also, Ninja Warrior's on! (It's American Ninja Warrior, but that's close enough when you don't have cable.)
Wait, that's tonight?!
*Phantom runs to TV for first time in months*
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Ah, re-reading DMFA. Shakespeare spiders are one of the best things ever.
Wut?  What's this about Shakespeare spiders?

Huzzah!

Wait, that's tonight?!
*Phantom runs to TV for first time in months*
You're welcome!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love PBS. Maybe that makes me sound old, but I love TV that teaches me something as opposed to infinite mindless cheap laughs and reality television.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I like PBS, too, but it doesn't always come in reliably. That aside, the tv is mostly background noise for me anyway. I very rarely actually watch it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Over here like, every TV is always occupied with SOMETHING.

Either someone watching netflix, a DVD, a game, and sometimes in the living room a combination of two since it does that whole multisignal thing.

Don't get me started on the TV in the bathroom.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't get me started on the TV in the bathroom.
... TV in the bathroom, really? Wow, I've never seen that before.
Pages: 1 ... 5300 5301 [5302] 5303 5304 ... 13326