Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5276 5277 [5278] 5279 5280 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798454 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ouch! When you're trying to dress up your Ramen in the future, take a lesson from the street stalls; try adding a sliced up boiled egg, some greens (bok choy is great, but in a pinch spinach will do), or even some dried fish/squid jerky. Tasty stuff!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Follow it up with buffalo wings! Best sore throat cure ever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Yeah I really didn't play Iji all the way through, I don't know why, it's not like I wasn't enjoying myself. Maybe I'll give it another look.
Be sure to get the newest/final version if you do. I played the penultimate release and got annoyed by the spoilered section below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's a problem with the new Pacifist mode, though.

Man, the music in that game is the best ever.  But if you didn't get there legitimately, some of the impact is lost.  The endboss music is amazing, and the credits music is heartwrenchingly beautiful (given the events).
Just for fun, I fired up the final boss' music in Audiosurf once. It was pretty much solid downhill red the whole way. Amazing ride.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

If someone asks you if you'd like to punch Justin Bieber in the face, the answer is yes.

(unrelated)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:23:59 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Spent the whole day fishin' off the coast of NY. Absolutely fantastic weather and plenty of fish. No Striped Bass we were huntin' for, but still plenty of other decent-sized fish. Had a little barbecue at a nearby park with one of the fish until sunset. The worst part of my day was returning to Manhattan, which I am increasingly developing a hate for.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

So, I got in a nearly two hour argument with my boss today.  Over labor policy.  I've been officially working for the guy seven weeks tomorrow, and not a week has gone by where we don't get into a political argument heated enough that I can feel the adrenalin.  This was the only one where I had to straight up tell him, dude I'm not comfortable having an argument about labor policy with the guy who signs my paycheck.

Then at the end of the day, after I've been going over his absolutist morality arguments and staunch belief that a scientific view of the world discards necessary "metaphysical realities" and fearing that he probably doesn't trust me an inch and is probably ready to fire me, he asked if I wanted to earn some cash watching his house and dog for a week when he takes his family on vacation.  Welp.

And y'know, I've been feeling for a little while now as the political threads here trudge on zombielike, that I actually miss having people like Nikov around.  Now that I'm regularly having Internet Kombat level debates in person with a grown adult who pays me to be in his house, I can feel my past education retaining its edge.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Then at the end of the day, after I've been going over his absolutist morality arguments and staunch belief that a scientific view of the world discards necessary "metaphysical realities" and fearing that he probably doesn't trust me an inch and is probably ready to fire me, he asked if I wanted to earn some cash watching his house and dog for a week when he takes his family on vacation.  Welp.
Heh, I've got this weird sort of respect for people who can have very passionate opinions about controversial stuff, but not let it get in the way of their relations with those who disagree. Sounds to me like this guy is really into his politics but respects you enough to be in charge of his stuff for a week, despite the political differences.

Or he's setting up a trap to get you arrested for home invasion.

And y'know, I've been feeling for a little while now as the political threads here trudge on zombielike, that I actually miss having people like Nikov around.
Yeah, I always liked it when people with contrary opinions (for this forum) showed up. It's dull arguing with people you agree with, since the arguments are almost always going to be over nitpicky small details. Too bad such people were often scared away (or banned).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Nikov was completely insufferable on certain topics, but it was nice having a dissenting view on the ones where he wouldn't "neener neener".  I guess most of the political discussions that still potentially have the power to divide don't come up so much really due to general weariness of the topic.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Baccalaureate Mass and Dinner were tonight, as well as an end to finals/AP tests. Now all I need is to live through graduation.

Also, my classmates voted me most likely to win a Nobel Prize, and other people most likely to do other stuff (be elected President, become a pro athlete, get kicked out of college, etc.)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Yeah I really didn't play Iji all the way through, I don't know why, it's not like I wasn't enjoying myself. Maybe I'll give it another look.
Be sure to get the newest/final version if you do. I played the penultimate release and got annoyed by the spoilered section below:
There's a problem with the new Pacifist mode, though.

Man, the music in that game is the best ever.  But if you didn't get there legitimately, some of the impact is lost.  The endboss music is amazing, and the credits music is heartwrenchingly beautiful (given the events).
Just for fun, I fired up the final boss' music in Audiosurf once. It was pretty much solid downhill red the whole way. Amazing ride.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

And y'know, I've been feeling for a little while now as the political threads here trudge on zombielike, that I actually miss having people like Nikov around.
Yeah, I always liked it when people with contrary opinions (for this forum) showed up.

We've got a couple now, but they're not really fully contrary. Just people who are like 50% in agreement with the forum's general political views instead of 100%, so they only spark discussion on some topics.

It's dull arguing with people you agree with, since the arguments are almost always going to be over nitpicky small details.

Yeah, being one of the people who tends to be in these arguments, they're on all the nitpickiest and niche topics I know of. I feel like we've at least shied away from semantics after the great gypsy disaster.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been playing a lot of Quest for Glory lately. GoG is a good site.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going back to my hunt for the ideal frantic and desperation fueled game, I decided to load up my saves of Half-Life 2 to relive the fun of the survival gauntlets at Nova Prospekt or however it's spelled.

Wow, I remember these being alot harder than how I'm just walking right over them. Kind of a disappointment, but the game is still fun. Might finish the game for my third time so I can refresh myself on the story, and then go on to the sequel episodes that I've never played.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

i found a new friend and its a girl, what am i gonna do tomorrow i have no clue, probably go shopping for her new apartment.
Pages: 1 ... 5276 5277 [5278] 5279 5280 ... 13325