Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5265 5266 [5267] 5268 5269 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793618 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Putnam, import some Bhut Jolokia chillies. They're also known as 'ghost peppers', and they have the second highest SHU of any naturally occurring chilli, not far behind capsicum spray and capsaicin.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Doesn't make me cry. I need something that'll do that...
try pure capsaicin. It's the hottest thing known, and by god, I reckon it'd make you cry.

IIRC, it was banned in a couple of countries, and you actually have to sign a contract before having any, because it has been known to cause heart attacks.
Hottest substance known to mankind? Nope, that seems to belong to Resiniferatoxin, which is as hot as capsaicin x 1000. Wouldn't want to eat that, though, as it can apparently cause chemical burns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Hence my reasoning for the Bhut Jolokias. They're incredibly spicy but they're palatable.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Meh...years back, I tried "CAP", which is a hot sauce that's basically 99% pure capsaicin. It's like using pepper spray as a condiment. Tastes like shit. But it *is* hot.

I'm partial to Dave's Insanity Sauce. I also note that they have a new product called "Lucky Nuts": basically just a can of salted nuts, but 10% of the nuts have been infused in crazy-hot sauce, the other 90% in something benign like a Worcestershire sauce to make them look identical. It's Russian Roulette in your mouth.  :D

There's a local taqueria here that makes their own habanero salsa that is so hot, my body has developed a Pavlovian response to it. If I even think about it, I can feel the pores in my skin opening up and the top of my head and the skin under my eyes start sweating. Good, good stuff.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Also, I'm glad to find out that the Japanese word for Banana is バナナ, pronounced Banana.
Banana is banana pretty much everywhere though.
Pretty much everwhere. Image related.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bengali: কলা (Kola)

Whereas Apple is 'Ringo'.
And Strawberry is 'Ichigo' which made for a bunch of wonderful puns the first time I watched Bleach. Ichigo as in strawberry, for Ichigo Kurosaki's red hair, Ichigo as in 1-5 as in Juugo (15)- Ichigo's age, and Ichigo also apparently means "Protect whatever you put your mind to."
Wasn't Renji's name also one letter short of being Orenji, the word for orange?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just preordered this.

<3

The tail even comes off (of course).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently found my sweet hat. Which means I'm up to 3/4 - I've got my awesome hat, my sweet hat, and my cool hat.

My sexy hat, unfortunately, was lost to the wilds of Aotearoa, never to be seen again.

But at least I've got the vast majority of outfit coverage now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I recently found my sweet hat. Which means I'm up to 3/4 - I've got my awesome hat, my sweet hat, and my cool hat.

My sexy hat, unfortunately, was lost to the wilds of Aotearoa, never to be seen again.

But at least I've got the vast majority of outfit coverage now.
Are you a hardcore tf2 player?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Our Spanish textbooks have it as 'banana' anyway.
In latinamerican Spanish it's banana. In European Spanish it's more frequent to use "plátano", and banana is reserved for low-quality ones (not inherently, but because, in order to survive the trip, they're harvested green) imported from the Americas
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just preordered this.

<3

The tail even comes off (of course).

Ooo... When I once again have money to spend I'll have to consider getting that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never played, actually. ^_^

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Never played, actually. ^_^
1. You should
and
2. Hm, thats weird. That game is the most common cause of turning into a hat-grabbing maniac.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Noep. Even assuming it would work on my box (it won't, and Valve keeps saying it will, someday, but you know how Valve is with somedays). And even if it did, I'm more than busy enough actually having a life thankyouverymuch.

2. I don't grab hats willy nilly! I buy maybe one new one every two years or so? I just can't resist a piece that catches my eye, and I tend to treasure them.

Except for the hats in the hatbox, of course, but everyone has a hatbox right? Heck even my Mom had a hatbox (also good for gloves, and it was more of a crate) and she never wears hats. I don't even know they come from but there's like a dozen or so in there. I just assumed they were, like, some natural byproduct of reality. I don't even know what some of these hats ARE.

Still, I suppose I could be, like, sleepgrabbing or something. That would be pretty maniacal.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Just ate Hazelnut-Choc today. Tastes so great.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

No, its was hats.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5265 5266 [5267] 5268 5269 ... 13325