Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5264 5265 [5266] 5267 5268 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793778 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The best shirt pattern (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

You have the craziest shirts, man.

Alright, doods, I'm off to play some baseball. Good night, all!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:57:42 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My understanding of the Japanese language is coming along nicely, things are starting to sound a bit more natural to me. It's finally dawning on me that Japanese is simultaneous much simpler than English, while also being bullshit complicated, but really it's just so different that the language portion of my brain needs some restructuring. What's helping is that I'm grasping how the written language can have no spaces between words whatsoever, and the reason is that it DOES have spaces, not in the form of spaces but instead grammatical particles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_particle

There's SO Many different particles, like 20 or so that serve double duty as structuring the sentences while imparting additional meaning to them.

Also, I'm glad to find out that the Japanese word for Banana is バナナ, pronounced Banana.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The best shirt pattern (click to show/hide)
... nerve shirt, sorta'. Not bad. Kinda' like a slightly more sane zen tangle. Looks pretty close to how most of my class notes ended up looking, just less dense (and no bubbles for text). A bit more dense and a little heavier lines (compared to the shirt) and things start becoming very hypnotic for someone with visual snow :P

I wouldn't mind a zen tangle shirt, just for the massive headaches a good one would probably cause people. Able/willing to share where that came from?

If I ever actually get around to doing a custom paint job on my car, it'll be a two-tone zen tangle derivative, done in shades of purple. Very few people will be able to look at it for longer than a few seconds (which is kinda' a worry... not sure if the law addresses visually distorting color patterns or not). Only thing that's really stopping me is the cost and the effort, since I'd have to do the painting m'self... Still thinking about it is a happy thought.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Also, I'm glad to find out that the Japanese word for Banana is バナナ, pronounced Banana.
Banana is banana pretty much everywhere though.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... it's like pizza? Hey, how do you do pizza in Japanese?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

So... it's like pizza? Hey, how do you do pizza in Japanese?
ピザ  Piza.

Jisho also has ピッツァ or Pittsua.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Pretty much everwhere. Image related.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:28:03 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

The Spanish word is probably derived from plantains, those cousins of bananas.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Our Spanish textbooks have it as 'banana' anyway.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Your local Food Lion or Publix should also have it in stock. Check the ethnic section to find it. It should most likely be found there.
I have never seen either of those stores.
That's because, according to Wikipedia, they only exist in the southeastern United States. I had only ever heard of Publix before because one of my sisters lived in Tennessee for a while.

Also, I played the newest DF. Didn't do anything with minecarts yet, mostly just dicked around with bees, but still good.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:47:58 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Bengali: কলা (Kola)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

*goes and eats some kimchi*
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Bengali: কলা (Kola)

Whereas Apple is 'Ringo'.
And Strawberry is 'Ichigo' which made for a bunch of wonderful puns the first time I watched Bleach. Ichigo as in strawberry, for Ichigo Kurosaki's red hair, Ichigo as in 1-5 as in Juugo (15)- Ichigo's age, and Ichigo also apparently means "Protect whatever you put your mind to."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Ringo is an awesome name for an apple. All fruit should be Ringo.
Pages: 1 ... 5264 5265 [5266] 5267 5268 ... 13325