Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5218 5219 [5220] 5221 5222 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15743777 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile

And I just finished The Genetic Opera. That was a fucking amazing experience, and to be honest I think that any fan of rock should see it at least once in their lifetime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aExPD0II1jo

Video Related
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Passed the pharmacy technician exam! Due to the form of typical one-letter abbreviations, Latin is now the most useful course I've taken. Clearly, I am a terrible biology graduate. Nevertheless, that synergy bonus to my Bullshit skill came in handy, considering my study program was "Rum".

Also, I found a store with a proper wine selection, and will soon know what a botrytized wine tastes like. They also had a bottle of really old moscato, the kind that they let oxidize so much it's like drinking pecan pie. Hell fucking yes.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any plumcots to make wine with because some jackass already bought all of them (I wanted to be that jackass), but you can't win em all. Next week or something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

And I just finished The Genetic Opera. That was a fucking amazing experience, and to be honest I think that any fan of rock should see it at least once in their lifetime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aExPD0II1jo

Video Related
That video's actually what reminded me of the movie. I saw a link to it on /mlp/ and I sort of went "Oh, hey, I've been wanting to see that!".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Someone linked me to the Zytrate anatomy song, which is pretty awesome, and I had never heard it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I landed an internship at a Department of Energy laboratory for the summer, which is pretty sweet.  Only downside is I'll be rewriting old FORTRAN code to run with CUDA on a GPU.  That sounds like it's going to get fun in a hurry.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They still use FORTRAN?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

This pandora station is getting dominated by British pop singers. I'm okay with this.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

They still use FORTRAN?
Hardware is expensive and you don't have to replace them for decades, thus decade-old languages wandering around for compatibility.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

In my head, FORTRAN is some entertaining variant of 4chan.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

In my head, FORTRAN is some entertaining variant of 4chan.
This. Except I immediately thought it was a humorous misspelling out of context.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

I guarantee that this box of Dr. pepper I bought will be empty by tomorrow....
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Also, I found a store with a proper wine selection, and will soon know what a botrytized wine tastes like.
The answer is, "Amazing".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've finally progressed to the second of six batteries of lessons in My Japanese Coach. The game is finally taking itself seriously enough to replace all the Romaji with Kana, so now I can finally strain to understand the language the way it was meant to be read.

Srs Lernin happening here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

You know the best part about that prestige class in D&D that gives you an extra five feet of reach, but it doesn't appear that you have this reach until you actually make the attack? Attacks of opportunity with a Monk's unarmed strike.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Also, I found a store with a proper wine selection, and will soon know what a botrytized wine tastes like.

The answer is, "Amazing".

Wait, so... it's a wine made from fungus-infected grapes? Ew.
Pages: 1 ... 5218 5219 [5220] 5221 5222 ... 13325