Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796644 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey now, RE4 was by far the best in the series I played, and the only one I enjoyed (didn't play RE5). Switching to any action game was a great idea for an otherwise miserable series. :P

I was made very happy my the chance.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

The puppy fell asleep. Blessed silence...  :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I never got to play the older REs, but I found RE4 to be fun enough. Nothing like the thrill of hearing a chainsaw rev up right behind you as not-Spaniards attack from the front :D

I'm also interested in Outbreak after watching the Media Cows play through a few levels. Looks like it'd be fun to play with a few friends.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I never got to play the older REs, but I found RE4 to be fun enough. Nothing like the thrill of hearing a chainsaw rev up right behind you as not-Spaniards attack from the front :D

I'm also interested in Outbreak after watching the Media Cows play through a few levels. Looks like it'd be fun to play with a few friends.
Outbreak was awesome just said it was only on ps2 and got crap for multi support. RE4 by far was the last best game in the series.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Outbreak was awesome just said it was only on ps2 and got crap for multi support. RE4 by far was the last best game in the series.
Er, crap. I meant Operation: Raccoon City. The new one that just came out on Steam recently (and was on the PS3 I think, before that). My bad.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think what defines RE4 best is that it's the first game in the series to get enough love and attention to really make it shine, which you can see from the clear design and inspiration that permeates through it. When I say that, I mean it has a consistent theme, that theme being to recreate a cheesy horror action film in videogame form, literally nothing else. It's the simplicity in design that's responsible for making average things into great things.

What I've always wanted was an Animatrix-style spinoff of the drawings shown in the ending credits, the ones that show the Ganados while they were still peaceful villagers, but get slowly corrupted and overtaken by the Los Illuminados and you can see as everything shifts from being nice and almost playful, to extremely dark and violent as the community becomes infected. That would have been so badass IMO, and I'm honestly surprised it was never capitalized on.

While I don't think RE5 had clear direction or inspiration like RE4 had, I still think it was an improvement on the mechanics. Namely, the melee system, which is the one thing that kept me enthralled in the game for far longer than I should have, just because of how satisfying melees were.

Going into a tangent here: I didn't like how the Majinis were uninspired compared to the Ganados. Going into the little information repository of the game, you found out that the Majinis had uninteresting names like "Machine gun majini" or "Chainsaw Majini" or even "Tribal Majini" and that really pissed me off when the Ganados had names that actually gave them character and a little personality like "Dr. Salvador", "J.J.", and "Miguel".

Alot of people didn't like Sheva, and I can understand that (Me flashbacking to my moments of "GODDAMMIT SHEVA!" such that it became a meme between my friends, and we'd blame Sheva for our failures in unrelated games) but I still think she's an interesting enough character to make appearances in future RE games, but I say that like I say that I think Ashley should be in future RE games, except more mature and having learned combat and weaponry. It's just a consistency between games that I would personally enjoy rather than each game being it's own internalized monster circus.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I just got three records at this hippie store. Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace, Ringo Starr's Blast from Your Past, and Billy Joel's Glass Houses.

I really ought to get a record player for these things.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started with the silent hill series, which /may/ have made the original RE games pale a bit in comparison. :P

I just thought RE4 was remarkably well executed, altogether.

Also, it makes me happy to see people using avatars I created. ^_^

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Alot of people didn't like Sheva, and I can understand that (Me flashbacking to my moments of "GODDAMMIT SHEVA!" such that it became a meme between my friends, and we'd blame Sheva for our failures in unrelated games)
"Hey Sheva, hold this stun baton for me"
*Turns to fight a leatherface, is about to shoot when suddenly stun baton to the ass, gets cut in half*
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Saw the Avengers.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

dat movie :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

hen the Ganados had names that actually gave them character and a little personality like "Dr. Salvador", "J.J.", and "Miguel".
How do those names give anyone personality by themselves? I know scores of Miguels and JJs, and no less than THREE Dr Salvadors
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hen the Ganados had names that actually gave them character and a little personality like "Dr. Salvador", "J.J.", and "Miguel".
How do those names give anyone personality by themselves? I know scores of Miguels and JJs, and no less than THREE Dr Salvadors
He's saying that giving each model of Ganado a name is better than having everyone be "generic majini 256a".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy snap, this Persona RPG is the best campaign I've run in a long time. Props to Ochita and Derm for both being individually awesome at roleplaying.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

One of my professors pronounces the word 'film' in an incredibly adorable way. Take the pronunciation of the initial 'f' and stick the pronunciation of the 'lum' from phylum on the end, and you've got it. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

... Flum?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 ... 13325