Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5183 5184 [5185] 5186 5187 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796651 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

This is a thing of beauty. http://youtu.be/x0l6go8cVoM

I'm pretty sure I saw something exactly like that in like 2009. Except the track was in a city setting.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is one of the older Two Best Friends Play videos, but it's still fucking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBThUMHK948&feature=g-vrec

I've never heard these guys, but this LP makes for a nice follow up. They can actually be pretty witty.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Didn't expect to pull off a Big Damn Heroes moment today, no less get paid for my unexpected help. All this happening just after doing some work previously not long before it happened (just casually stopping by to hang out after work, just to stumble into being needed), I didn't see it coming. Quite the nice surprise, although the unexpected additional work was a tad annoying to handle for the moment; but nonetheless, right place, right time.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

http://youtu.be/YuF03PTNpp8

Best. Quote. Ever.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I think this is one of the older Two Best Friends Play videos, but it's still fucking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBThUMHK948&feature=g-vrec

I've never heard these guys, but this LP makes for a nice follow up. They can actually be pretty witty.
Yeah, I've seen that one too. I found these guys through a mlp video though. It was two best sisters play assassins creed or somesuch, where the two friends play the part of celestia and luna as celestia tricks luna into spending all day climbing on top of a large structure and then killing herself. The video was more of a 'lol we pony now' video than anything, but it was still good. Then I found their Skyrim video. Then I followed links and watched a bunch of other ones.

Dire wolves. That is all.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Okay, so now I can really get started on my big DF mod project >:D

Simply smelting rare-earths aren't enough for me, especially when there are 15 possible metals per ore, oh no, you're going to need some Vanadium Oxide (probably abstracted as cavansite/patronite no matter how unrealistic that is) as a catalyst to mix with brimstone to make H2SO4 and H2S2O7, the latter being a caustic gas, all to combine the H2SO4 with rock salt to make HCl (No sodium sulfate because the disposal of that can be abstracted), which can then finally be used to extract rare-earths from monazite and bastnäsite. Euxenite I'll figure something else out for.

This is probably going to be the least important part of the mod. This mod's going to be fun to make.

Best. Quote. Ever.

fox news is vindicated we can all go home now

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Best. Quote. Ever.
That man looks like he's wearing a bit too much eyeshadow.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Okay, so now I can really get started on my big DF mod project >:D

Simply smelting rare-earths aren't enough for me, especially when there are 15 possible metals per ore, oh no, you're going to need some Vanadium Oxide (probably abstracted as cavansite/patronite no matter how unrealistic that is) as a catalyst to mix with brimstone to make H2SO4 and H2S2O7, the latter being a caustic gas, all to combine the H2SO4 with rock salt to make HCl (No sodium sulfate because the disposal of that can be abstracted), which can then finally be used to extract rare-earths from monazite and bastnäsite. Euxenite I'll figure something else out for.
The hell is this part doing in there? You're talking about re-creating IN A MOD exactly, OR SHOULD I SAY NEAR-EXACTLY, how to smelt rare-earths. And you decide to ABSTRACT something?!

GO TO YOUR ROOM. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR EVERYTHING PRIVILEGES. STOP BREATHING MY OXYGEN OR I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL YOUR CORPSE.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Hey hey, talking about Korean without me.
The thing is, the language is highly complex.  On the other hand the written language (hangul) is the most logical thing in the world, no exaggeration.  Hanja, which is to my understanding very similar to written Chinese, is... about as complex as written Chinese, really.
(Seriously, no joke about how logical hangul is.  Knowing the spoken language, I taught myself to read it in a matter of weeks.)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Anyone know anything about greatswords? I need more variations.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Like, legit variations? Or wacky fantasy variations?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Legit variations. I'm not looking for oakeshott typology, but I need more than 7. The category feels...empty.

Types: Bastard Sword, Broadsword (which can probably be broken down further,) Claymore, Dadao, Estoc, Flamberge and No-dachi.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know anything about greatswords? I need more variations.

What? Like claymores, bastard swords, or zweihanders?

If you're looking for Asian variations there are nagimaki (long handled), dadao (hand and a half), and zhanmadao (horse-chopper).

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I've seriously considered the nagamaki and zhanmadao before...hmm...(Zweihander is just another name for "broadsword", by the way.)

Pages: 1 ... 5183 5184 [5185] 5186 5187 ... 13325