Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4791 4792 [4793] 4794 4795 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776809 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71880 on: February 18, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

I just went back and read the last few pages because I hadn't,
Vector, if you haven't played FFX you should instead of 13, it's much better than 13
My order of favorite Final fantasies goes
FFX>FFVI>FFIIX>FFV>FFXII>FFVII>FFXIII  and for those of you who fail at roman numerals
10 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 12 > 13
X-2 wasn't as bad as people say it is, people just didn't like the all female cast or the fact that it was a sequal with a stupid story, but it had a good battle system, (similar to Final Fantasy 5's battle system, for those who havent played it) which is really my favorite battle system from any final fantasy game.

I didn't bother including the online ones in that list, but I rather enjoyed FFXI, it was an actual (relatively) hard mmo. but was lacking in the quest department.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71881 on: February 18, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Tacos! So many tacos. The hard shell kind. They are the only tacos I will ever eat.

The Hispanic goatee guy of questionable origins is back with his little "Tacos!" cart thing! It looks like the kind of place that despite being immaculately clean, you'd think bacteria has purchased vacation property on, BUT, it's not! This man has overcome my immense fear of street vendors selling food from carts. The hot dog guys are horrendously terrifying and he was once but now is not. They are invited to any spot that is not near me; he is invited to many spots near me.

His shells are amazing and simply must be homemade, because there's no place around here you can get them. I have looked and been dismayed. They are so pink, no pinker than you thinker... er.. think. He makes them with finely ground tomatoes and some kind of even finer ground red pepper right in the flour. Its pinkness is beyond pink that has somehow been incorporated into a taco shell. As if that weren't enough, there are little things that look like chives also baked right the hell into the taco shell but be not fooled. They are actually divine clippings from the lawn of Jesus himself or something, which give not hayfever, but only tastiness.

From there, he has one type of meat and that is all you will ever need or get: chicken. Said birds, which clearly have either been grazing upon the aforementioned divine lawn clippings or had them marinated into them, or both, are awe invoking. In the event that you say you do not like this chicken, no one will ever again trust you, as you simply must be lying. He doesn't always give funny looks to the people who ask if he has anything besides chicken, but when he does, they are ashamed and they know why....

The lettuce is semi soggily semi sauced with an unknown red baked confection that cannot be called salsa, but sort of is what salsa aspires to become. Salsa has those terrible office motivational posters of this stuff with words like "excellence," "dedication," "aspiration," and "twice baked," on them.  One detects the faint taste of onions, leeks, and perhaps celery with numerous other flavors as unidentifiable as they are delicious.

The police have been told to remove him for lack of a vendor's license, but instead are his customers. He probably inspires racists to learn Spanish just to order more quickly, but is too great to say anything. His poncho is his billboard, and it works. He sells out before 2 PM every day and leaves a disappointed crowd behind him and longing for the wares he never has enough of....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71882 on: February 18, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »

X-2 wasn't as bad as people say it is, people just didn't like the all female cast or the fact that it was a sequal with a stupid story, but it had a good battle system, (similar to Final Fantasy 5's battle system, for those who havent played it) which is really my favorite battle system from any final fantasy game.

I'll agree that the battle system was pretty good (though it has been a while, and I only saw it at second hand while watching a friend play). All-female cast: what difference does it make? The point that made me not play it was the absolutely terrible story.

Out of curiosity, why no FFIV? I rather enjoyed it. (Or at least, what I remember of it. I should replay it at some point.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71883 on: February 18, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »

FFX>FFVI>FFIIX>FFV>FFXII>FFVII>FFXIII  and for those of you who fail at roman numerals
10 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 12 > 13.

I think you you meant:
FFX>FFVI>FFVIII>FFV>FFVII>FFXII>FFXIII

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71884 on: February 18, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

10 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 12 > 13.

I think you you meant:
FFX>FFVI>FFVIII>FFV>FFVII>FFXII>FFXIII

shuddupppp ;)
I originally wrote it that way but it looked strange to me so I changed it,
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #71885 on: February 18, 2012, 05:10:50 pm »

In the novel I have that's going through planning stages, the protagonist gets hit in the head after a lady he rather fancies (who is also kind of a manipulative bitch) chucks a hardbound copy of her dissertation out her window.

And an infinite number of internets if you can spot the reference.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71886 on: February 18, 2012, 05:12:13 pm »

So I'm adventuring around in DF. All was going well until an outlaw managed to get me in the lower leg with a copper arrow, in spite of this I managed to kill him.
I would have gone back to town to retire and hopefully become a guard. But before I got back, night fell and the bogeymen got me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71887 on: February 18, 2012, 05:13:54 pm »

I'll defenestrate you!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71888 on: February 18, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Hey Vector, start up another stream. I'd love to watch you play FFVII.

Hurm... yeah, maybe next weekend.  I'll be a bit through the game and a lot of it is going to be boring grinding/bitching about stuff, but if you still feel like watchin' that, sure.  I'll give a summary or something.

(Just so y'all know, I haven't been playing MGS behind your backs.  'M just taking a break from getting Otacon in my hovercraft)

On the other hand, there was just this adorable scene where Cloud had to stand on tiptoes when he was trying to threaten Barret, so I'm happy.

As for the games... for me, of the ones I've played, probably

IX => VIII > VII => VI > XII > IV > I > II

I haven't finished IV or gotten far in I or II, though, so I could change my mind on those.  I'd rank VII and VI higher, but god, there's something about the combat systems in those games that just feels less fun to me and a bit more tedious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71889 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

Tacos! So many tacos. The hard shell kind. They are the only tacos I will ever eat.

The Hispanic goatee guy of questionable origins is back with his little "Tacos!" cart thing! It looks like the kind of place that despite being immaculately clean, you'd think bacteria has purchased vacation property on, BUT, it's not! This man has overcome my immense fear of street vendors selling food from carts. The hot dog guys are horrendously terrifying and he was once but now is not. They are invited to any spot that is not near me; he is invited to many spots near me.

-snip-

Can... can you somehow convince this champion of comestibles to visit my local area? Barring that, can you convince him to share his recipe? In any case, I hope that he manages to sell enough to eventually buy a building, and start a little business or something... sounds like he'd prosper, and the world could always use more good food!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71890 on: February 18, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »

I've always thought FFV's battle system to be the most fun of all the numbered final fantasies. It's actually quite simple (you'll be spamming the same attack over and over), but the job system means it changes up constantly.

Plus, the story. It's basically a parody of earlier final fantasy stories, what with the villain from darkness and evil being a friggin' tree. And a hammy one at that.

Once I got the GBA version though I really burned myself out on it, doing two full playthroughs in about a month. I've got a black mage single character campaign stuck near the end of world 2.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71891 on: February 18, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »

IX => VIII > VII => VI > XII > IV > I > II

I haven't finished IV or gotten far in I or II, though, so I could change my mind on those.  I'd rank VII and VI higher, but god, there's something about the combat systems in those games that just feels less fun to me and a bit more tedious.

Oh my god, you have to go play V! I mean it wasn't as serious as IV or VI, but I really liked the more light hearted fun. The story wasn't trying to deceive you, it was just trying to hold your hand and run playfully through this fantasy world with you, and it was wonderful.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71892 on: February 18, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »

I've always thought FFV's battle system to be the most fun of all the numbered final fantasies. It's actually quite simple (you'll be spamming the same attack over and over), but the job system means it changes up constantly.

Plus, the story. It's basically a parody of earlier final fantasy stories, what with the villain from darkness and evil being a friggin' tree. And a hammy one at that.
Seconded to fifthed so hard (the last guy is a moron).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71893 on: February 18, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »

Also, Faris is badass. When she doesn't have a gratuitous pirate accent, anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71894 on: February 18, 2012, 05:27:11 pm »

-snip-

Can... can you somehow convince this champion of comestibles to visit my local area? Barring that, can you convince him to share his recipe? In any case, I hope that he manages to sell enough to eventually buy a building, and start a little business or something... sounds like he'd prosper, and the world could always use more good food!
Tacos are wonderful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4791 4792 [4793] 4794 4795 ... 13325