Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4785 4786 [4787] 4788 4789 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781822 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71790 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »

On an entirely different note, the fact that Mass Effect 3 does co-op is amazingly cool. Even the demo does it as of today, and dear god it's like some kind of glorious dream coming true. :') (the one thing i thought ME2 was lacking was multiplayer, and then ME3 comes around and is like "hoy goise, who ordered some COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY?" and then i was speechless)
It's quite hard as only two persons (me and my bro) out of the possible four, but it is possible to play and complete with some effort. Well done, Bioware! c:
I played the demo last night for four hours straight. I originally started it up so I could laugh at the single-player, which I did. Then I started up the multiplayer, with two friends, and that was really fun. I don't care for any of the story, but the combat of the game is decent, and I really like multiplayer. There's no way I'd be playing if I didn't have an Xbox, though. (I don't want Origin on my computer.)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #71791 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »

Yes, Origin makes me sadfaec too. Y they no just Steam it up like they did with ME2? Or even better, not have it rely on anything like that? They could learn a thing or two from the Humble Indie Bundle. :c

Hmm...I'm torn. Part of me wants to check out the demo, even if it is on Origin. Another part wants to wait until I have the game for realz, so I don't accidentally spoil myself. I've enjoyed both of the previous games despite the differences in mechanics (ammo, inventory, etc), so I'm not worried on that front.
I can see what you mean, though honestly the demo doesn't spoil all that much. But, if you really want the whole experience intact, then yeah it could be an idea to hold the demo. It's not exactly a secret that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but the way it's presented? Yeah, might be a bit of a spoiler. There's also a lot of locked stuff in the co-op, so yeah.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71792 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:53 pm »

As it turns out, I won't be going to MegaCon 2012 today. Too many complications with this morning (unpreparedness and etc.), and I had to run a bunch of errands, and collecting my pay came later than it was supposed to. However, it was all for the better anyway.

Checking out the main page for the event, it looks like the opening was delayed from 10AM to 1PM or something along those lines, rather hostile weather came along as well, and traffic would have been brutal today. So, instead I'll be going early tomorrow morning.

I'll be better prepared to leave early tomorrow (beating much of the traffic, and have an easier time finding a decent parking spot), and not have anything in my way schedule-wise. Just as well, I collected everything I needed from my sisters to get to the event anyway today (money for gas, entrance fee, food, and some extra if I find anything of interest; all as their collective birthday gift to me). Even better, it turns out I'll have a group I can tag along with tomorrow anyway (a girl my sisters know and her group of friends), and even better, I realized that where the convention takes place is right next to the same Dave & Buster's I hung out with my dad a week or so ago. So in essence, everything just about worked itself out today in preparation for tomorrow. Might spend the rest of my night (hopefully with some other people tagging along) and have dinner and play around there before I leave for home.

I hope I run into some interesting people while I'm there. I can always try to expand my social contacts (and hopefully clients for design work, God willing).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:56:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71793 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:18 pm »

On an entirely different note, the fact that Mass Effect 3 does co-op is amazingly cool. Even the demo does it as of today, and dear god it's like some kind of glorious dream coming true. :') (the one thing i thought ME2 was lacking was multiplayer, and then ME3 comes around and is like "hoy goise, who ordered some COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY?" and then i was speechless)
It's quite hard as only two persons (me and my bro) out of the possible four, but it is possible to play and complete with some effort. Well done, Bioware! c:
I played the demo last night for four hours straight. I originally started it up so I could laugh at the single-player, which I did. Then I started up the multiplayer, with two friends, and that was really fun. I don't care for any of the story, but the combat of the game is decent, and I really like multiplayer. There's no way I'd be playing if I didn't have an Xbox, though. (I don't want Origin on my computer.)
I know what you mean man, this was some badass stuff, too bad i only got a ps3

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71794 on: February 17, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »

I've got another first date tonight  :D  and it's already been established that i'll be spending the night there, since it's a 3 hours bus ride for me to get to her house   ;D  My valentines day plan worked out perfectly (sending the math formula for a heart to multiple girls and asking for a date),  because now I have a short list of girls waiting to go out with me  :D
happy happy happy
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71795 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:51 pm »

I do hope they're all aware of each other. If so, congratulations, sir.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71796 on: February 17, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »

Wait, you mean that corny, cheesy heart graph actually worked?!  :o

Damn, I should have tried it! Good show, Valid_Dark, good show!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71797 on: February 17, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »

I do hope they're all aware of each other. If so, congratulations, sir.
+1

Also, 3 hour bus ride?? Casting the net a bit wide, are we?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71798 on: February 17, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »

well 2 of them know each other, but don't know that I'm interested in the other one as well.
and ya, a 3 hour bus ride  :'(
it's 42 miles, 3 busses, and google estimates it to be around 3 hours 16 minutes.
i dunno, I'm starting to question if it's really worth it

opinions ?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71799 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »

Yes, but I doubt you'd want to hear them.

Unrelated, I think I just had a minor breakthrough in character creation.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71800 on: February 17, 2012, 03:46:08 pm »

What Darvi said.

Also...that's an average 14mph or so.  What kind of bus system is this??

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71801 on: February 17, 2012, 03:49:21 pm »

42 miles takes three hours?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71802 on: February 17, 2012, 03:50:49 pm »

What kind of bus system is this??
A crappy one!

Honestly, I traveled about that far for the first date with the woman I'm now married to, but then, I've never particularly minded traveling, especially if I don't have to drive and can read while I do it. (It was a drive for me, bleeech. And then I made that trip every week for two months pretty much).

Mind you, our first date was her explicitly asking me what amounted to "Hey you want to come up and have all sorts of crazy sex? It will be fun times." and that's a hard request to turn down when you're previous plans were basically to vegetate the whole weekend.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71803 on: February 17, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »

Also...that's an average 14mph or so.  What kind of bus system is this??
42 miles takes three hours?

it's one that comes to a complete stop every half mile to let people on / off the bus.
plus when I transfer busses there will be a 5-15 minute wait for the next bus.

Mind you, our first date was her explicitly asking me what amounted to "Hey you want to come up and have all sorts of crazy sex? It will be fun times." and that's a hard request to turn down when you're previous plans were basically to vegetate the whole weekend.

Thats pretty much the situation I'm in

My plan is to either read on the bus (right now I'm reading Gump & co.  the sequal to Forrest Gump)
or to play shining force 1 on my android, or golden sun.
Or since she's a really big pokemon fan I might download Pokemon fire red to my android and play that the whole way.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:57:20 pm by Valid_Dark »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71804 on: February 17, 2012, 03:53:45 pm »

Get a book and double task. It's not a wasted 6 hours if you prepare and spend it reading stuff you want to read anyways, even if the date does go poorly.
Pages: 1 ... 4785 4786 [4787] 4788 4789 ... 13325