Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4784 4785 [4786] 4787 4788 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780525 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71775 on: February 17, 2012, 12:35:04 pm »

No one can tolerate high amounts of lithium - its toxicity levels are very low across the spectrum. That's why it's important to carefully monitor and control the dose, and start low and increase slowly, and why it gets paired with other medications after a certain point instead of increasing the dose any larger. Do you have evidence for psychosis caused by Lithium? It's got plenty of nasty side effects that are possible (better than most other mood stabilizers though - at least it isn't going to give you a lethal rash), but I'm not aware of standard doses of lithium actually causing psychosis.

Where are you getting your information, exactly?

I'm also having a lot of trouble parsing that second sentence.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #71776 on: February 17, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

On an entirely different note, the fact that Mass Effect 3 does co-op is amazingly cool. Even the demo does it as of today, and dear god it's like some kind of glorious dream coming true. :') (the one thing i thought ME2 was lacking was multiplayer, and then ME3 comes around and is like "hoy goise, who ordered some COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY?" and then i was speechless)
It's quite hard as only two persons (me and my bro) out of the possible four, but it is possible to play and complete with some effort. Well done, Bioware! c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71777 on: February 17, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

No one can tolerate high amounts of lithium - its toxicity levels are very low across the spectrum. That's why it's important to carefully monitor and control the dose, and start low and increase slowly, and why it gets paired with other medications after a certain point instead of increasing the dose any larger. Do you have evidence for psychosis caused by Lithium? It's got plenty of nasty side effects that are possible (better than most other mood stabilizers though - at least it isn't going to give you a lethal rash), but I'm not aware of standard doses of lithium actually causing psychosis.

Where are you getting your information, exactly?

I'm also having a lot of trouble parsing that second sentence.
wait wrong drug i was thinking of Thorazine >_>

lithium's problem was it was common to find people having adverse reaction to it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71779 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:46 pm »

My MP3 Player was dropped into a bucket of water a week ago. In the act of fishing it out I dropped it on a rock and as i retrieved it I noticed that the screen was flashing. Fuck! Perhaps before I could just let the water dry but this screen is pretty much a death sign. I still wrap it in a paper towel and leave it on a shelf somewhere to dry out for a week to see if it starts up.

It is absolutely perfectly fine booyah! Only problem now is a few droplet stains on the plastic protecting the screen but it's an MP3 player, who gives a damn. I'll need to listen to music from it for a few hours to discern any difference in sound quality though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71780 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:07 pm »

lethal rash
How does that even work? Does it make you itch so hard you scrape off your entire epidermis and bleed to death?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71781 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

On an entirely different note, the fact that Mass Effect 3 does co-op is amazingly cool. Even the demo does it as of today, and dear god it's like some kind of glorious dream coming true. :') (the one thing i thought ME2 was lacking was multiplayer, and then ME3 comes around and is like "hoy goise, who ordered some COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY?" and then i was speechless)
It's quite hard as only two persons (me and my bro) out of the possible four, but it is possible to play and complete with some effort. Well done, Bioware! c:
Don't you need to have Origin installed to play the demo? I'm kinda hoping to avoid that :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #71782 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:10 pm »

You do, but it's free and all that jazz. I really don't like the notion of Origin either, but i guess i can accept it if i'm not billed for anything just yet. It has turned out to be less intrusive than i feared as well, and you can turn off the "i start when windows starts yo" setting in the installer. I might even end up buying ME3 there, because it is a super good game, but i fear that i'll have to buy it twice to play with my bro. Which sucks, because we're gaming in the same room. Steam is bad enough in that regard, i don't need two Steams to screw me over. But, the game is still glorious.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71783 on: February 17, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »

lethal rash
How does that even work? Does it make you itch so hard you scrape off your entire epidermis and bleed to death?

Potential side effect of Lamactil. From MedTV:
You may be wondering how a skin rash can be life-threatening. While most rashes are merely bothersome, some can be dangerous. Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) are rare types of rashes that can be fatal. They can cause large sections of the skin to die, which can lead to disfigurement or dangerous infections. As many as 40 percent of people with toxic epidermal necrolysis (which is more severe than Stevens-Johnson syndrome) will die as a result of the condition.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stevens-johnson-syndrome/DS00940

But basically, there's lots of bad things that can happen when a rash gets so bad that your skin falls off.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71784 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »

Got a perfect on my first CS project.

The crying shame is that I got 32/40 on the first exam.  Damn!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71785 on: February 17, 2012, 02:24:51 pm »

How the hell do you get a perfect on any project? Isn't their always something that could be improved?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71786 on: February 17, 2012, 02:26:32 pm »

It's a programming class project, probably one of the easier projects one can 100%. Tests are a little more tricky because they do a lot of tricky stuff with those.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71787 on: February 17, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »

Eat it professor Sheldon! Eat it all!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71788 on: February 17, 2012, 02:28:31 pm »

Hmm...I'm torn. Part of me wants to check out the demo, even if it is on Origin. Another part wants to wait until I have the game for realz, so I don't accidentally spoil myself. I've enjoyed both of the previous games despite the differences in mechanics (ammo, inventory, etc), so I'm not worried on that front.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71789 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:42 pm »

Eat it professor Sheldon! Eat it all!
Hey! That was uncalled for.

Also I'm not Vectors professor. Waaay not qualified.
Pages: 1 ... 4784 4785 [4786] 4787 4788 ... 13325