Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4770 4771 [4772] 4773 4774 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767033 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71565 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:49 pm »

Today a friend of mine decided to show me his knowledge of pressure points. Apparently there's one slightly above the elbow between the biceps and triceps that's supposed to weaken a grip and cause horrendous pain. Several other people volunteered to test this. They grabbed him by the shoulder, and then he gripped them right on the point, causing them to shout and release their grip. When I volunteered, I grabbed his shoulder and would not let go. He spent about a minute squeezing my arm as hard as he could, and eventually gave up before I released.

Not that I didn't feel anything. It was actually quite agonizing, and my arm still hurts. I just thought it was hilarious that my stubbornness can overcome my basic pain-avoidance instinct.

In other news, I calculated the blast radius of the Mega Pipes of Doom. On a clear day at about room temperature with average humidity in an open field, you would be able to hear the roaring from over 2 kilometers (1.25 miles) away.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71566 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »

Martial arts training would aid with that, as would being fit. You've had both, if I recall right, so you can focus your mind and overcome pain. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71567 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:59 pm »

* MaximumZero whistles innocently.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71568 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

That being said, anybody who takes it seriously enough to try to whistle could very well be gay themselves, and grabbing at an opposition to prove otherwise as a form of overcompensation in their attempts to hide this simple fact.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71569 on: February 14, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

Hey, should I only ever be able to make squeaking sounds or something? I don't know how one would half-whistle....:P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71570 on: February 14, 2012, 11:27:59 pm »

It is a very complex motion that involved clasping your hands together, and blowing over the gap between your thumbs in the same way you might blow over the top of a bottle.
Or you could just get a bottle, it is the same sound.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71571 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:22 pm »

Sounds like it'd be a perfect time for a harmonica.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71572 on: February 14, 2012, 11:30:34 pm »

I can't whistle or blow bubbles with my gum, and I didn't learn how to snap my fingers until I was 19. I guess I'm just weird.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71573 on: February 14, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »

Sounds like it'd be a perfect time for a harmonica.

Yes, Freud himself was known to enjoy a tune on the harmonica, while he daydreamed about a career in banana picking.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71574 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:16 pm »

Y'know, I'm pretty sure M does mention that at one point. I forget which book it was in, but he reads something that makes him think of it and then whistles to the empty room, just to be sure. At least if I'm remembering the scene correctly. The Man With the Golden Gun, maybe?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71575 on: February 14, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »

You can't whistle while you are nervous,
Wait, really? Is that why cartoon characters who are guilty of something but pretending not to be whistle? I always assumed they were just trying to act nonchalant in general.

In other news, I just watched Troll 2. It's not nearly as bad as I expected from all the hype, but it was at least decently bad. And, for much of the movie, it was fun to pretend that the little boy was actually schizophrenic.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71576 on: February 14, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »

Martial arts training would aid with that, as would being fit. You've had both, if I recall right, so you can focus your mind and overcome pain. :P
Eh... I've run a lot. No martial arts yet, though I'd love to start.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71577 on: February 14, 2012, 11:59:16 pm »

My wonderful friend came over unannounced after a terrible work day. She brought a movie to watch with a dress for me to wear.  :D :D
This is awesome.
*mentally sends hugs to Truean and friend*

[hugs] :D Thanks MoM. :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71578 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:38 am »

So my sadness earlier today was ran over by my runthrough of Portal 2. I can't believe I put off playing this game for so long, the dialogue is gold, and the design is fantastic. There's very few games that actually make me laugh, while this one does it in spades.

I'd like to play the coop campaign and get that half of the story, but it would seem that that's not possible with noone to play with.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71579 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

New Guy cancels Browse Forum: Playing Dwarf Fortress.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 4770 4771 [4772] 4773 4774 ... 13325