Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765242 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71325 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »

The cheapest earbuds also seem to be a hell of a lot more fragile, or my friend is having bad luck keeping his intact.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71326 on: February 12, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »

Ehn, I've found they break about the same rate as cheap headphones. Honestly, I've found all headphones, earbud or otherwise, break at about the same rate (at least for me.). Thus my regular use of cheap ones :P

Gonna' break anyway, might as well get something with a pricetag that wouldn't feed me for a month.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71327 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »

I've had the same ~$20 headphones for a few years now, only had to replace them once because a sibling ripped a hole in the padthing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71328 on: February 12, 2012, 08:18:37 pm »

For my birthday, my brother got me a pair of rather nice comfy headphones, more to make skyping while playing online easier. They're really nice and effective too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71329 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »

This is basically the only pair of headphones I've ever owned (and they're nice ones), so I'm gonna be taking real good care of them.  I think they'd probably last for quite a while, really... my laptop seems to be plugging along quite well and has never had an issue in the four years that I've had it (other than a little cleaning and screw-tightening that it could certainly use), so I'm not worried.

Yay >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71330 on: February 12, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »

My ears are funny - I've never found a pair of headphones that fit on them properly, even with adjustment. So I'm relegated to earbuds, which I've learned to enjoy.

Earbud protip: when you pull them out of your computer, but sure to pull by the end, not the cord.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71331 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:53 pm »

My flash project for school has been going ok, it's tough work to get a 5 minute slideshow thingy working right.  I've had to given up on the text though, it's just gonna have to look awkward and possibly stay that way.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71332 on: February 12, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »

So a friend is running a D&D oneshot in a week or two, and it takes place in a sort of dreamland where we have the option of playing dreamers or dreams so pervasive that they've become a permanent fixture of the dreamscape. I've chosen the latter. I'm playing the impact on the global psyche of a particular movie. Behold my character concept. Both of them, actually. The second is a companion familiar.

I really hope I can make this work.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: [>))))] [>))))]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71333 on: February 12, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

I'm making characters as well; I've got like 50 to do, I've been working for a month got like 12 sketches and only on the first character... C:
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #71334 on: February 12, 2012, 10:18:17 pm »

Five notes on guitar of raocows demise. I shouldn't be finding this as funny as I do.

DUN DUUN DUN DUUUUN DUN!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71335 on: February 12, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »

Today my 2 year old USB mouse died on me. What makes this happy is I found my 7 year old USB mouse in working condition and with a charged battery to replace it.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71336 on: February 12, 2012, 11:50:38 pm »

Today my 2 year old USB mouse died on me. What makes this happy is I found my 7 year old USB mouse in working condition and with a charged battery to replace it.

very similar thing happened with me recently,
my few year old Razor high precision gaming mouse (expensive mouse) died, and it was only like 2 years old.
then I looked and found my like 8 - 10 year old regular laser mouse and it's still works perfect. (cheap mouse)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71337 on: February 13, 2012, 01:01:38 am »

So a friend is running a D&D oneshot in a week or two, and it takes place in a sort of dreamland where we have the option of playing dreamers or dreams so pervasive that they've become a permanent fixture of the dreamscape. I've chosen the latter. I'm playing the impact on the global psyche of a particular movie. Behold my character concept. Both of them, actually. The second is a companion familiar.

I really hope I can make this work.
I'm doing one this weekend where we will have 5 players. I'm generating 10 level 1 characters, and everyone else is making at least 2 more. We're going to try and blitzkrieg a oneshot campaign, with neither us nor the DM putting much of a hold on optimization for either side. Definitely learning a lot about what makes a character 'balanced' or 'broken as fuck' at level 1. Apparently Tortle Chaos Monks named Raphelangelo Donanardo that can deal 210 damage on a full attack are a wee bit silly.

In somehow better news, I just finished writing the french horn part for my excerpt/arrangement of Ride of the Valkyries, which has been chosen to be our final piece decision for Science Olympiad. Our duet group, known as "Polyvinyl Chloride and the Mega-Pipes of Doom", will be playing this in slightly less than a month. (The Mega-Pipes of Doom being a set of gigantic bagpipes that I'm making that will contain roughly 17 feet (5.5m) of PVC pipe in addition to the bag. The bass and tenor drones produce G1 (49 Hz) and G2 (98 Hz) respectively, and are projected to sound like the booming laughter of ancient gods. (Not quite at unsafe levels, but not pleasant for much longer than the minute and a half or so I'll be playing them for.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71338 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:02 am »

"Mega-Pipes of Doom"
Dude, please tell me you're intending to record and upload this.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71339 on: February 13, 2012, 01:12:25 am »

I'll see if I can record afterwards, but I can't record the competition itself. I plan on making them fairly high-quality so that I'll have an instrument to play in college. (I can't take my baritone horn with me, as I'm renting it from the school.  :( Perhaps someday I'll have enough spare change to buy one for myself.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 13325