Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4723 4724 [4725] 4726 4727 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768462 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70860 on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

I decided to climb to the top of the Throat of the World, just because.  First, the view, oh my god, the view is amazing!  I swear I can see half the world.  Second, turns out there's ebony and malachite veins up there, so that's nice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #70862 on: February 07, 2012, 06:14:32 pm »

I was blessed with happiness thanks to Ochita :D!

Also, found a very good Terraria server clan. Double happiness, I can build things again~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70863 on: February 07, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »

Palsch, that almost looks like an anti-gay propaganda thing of the 50s. That's how absurd it looks. "I STOLE THE RAINBOW. TO MAKE YOU GAY."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70864 on: February 07, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »

I was just taking a gander at the new Sorin that's coming out in Dark Ascension, and I accidentally clicked on the alternate languages tab and got myself an unintended laugh:

The name just evokes an image of a vampire king wearing a sombrero.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70865 on: February 07, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »

So, I think I figured out where MoM's new healthy weight came from. I'm leaning that way myself, although not as much as I'd like.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:33:00 pm by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70867 on: February 07, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »

Medical leeches are adorable.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70869 on: February 07, 2012, 08:35:25 pm »

Oh. Great man.

I'm very happy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70870 on: February 07, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »

Eh, not sure how I feel about Notch. He can act like an absolute dick, but normally a pretty awesome dick.
Kind of guy you like to hear about, wouldn't exactly like to know.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70871 on: February 07, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

Eh, not sure how I feel about Notch. He can act like an absolute dick, but normally a pretty awesome dick.
I would hate to paint a guy for one experience completely contrary to all other experiences people have had with him

Because he seems like a pretty cool guy all around
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70872 on: February 07, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

I'm happy today because it took only eight hours of writing bad fanfiction and absolutely nothing posted to finally understand why, precisely it isn't for me: it's an act of interpretation that requires so much of an inflexible adherence to other people's symbolic conventions and writing styles, not just that of the original author but also that of the fanfiction clans themselves, as well as other, more standard requirements, and real-world research that may conflict with all of the above.  Where normal writing permits more flexibility with information and style, the fanfiction author is heavily restricted on all fronts.  Not to mention the seemingly obligatory misogyny and infantile/non- portrayal of women (etc.), which seems to basically pop up everywhere as a way for people to get cheep laffs.  Oh, and the Worf effect, which basically only amplifies when it comes to fanworks.  I start writing, and having put something down, I realize that this wasn't what I was looking for after all.

Hell, I hardly even read fanfic anymore.  I used to read a lot, and now I pretty much never even think about going looking.

And so, I guess the point here is that I'm glad to be writing again, and I'm also glad that, for the first time in a year and a half, I'm starting to feel like creating again.  I won't be posting anything at all that I make here for personal reasons, but if I publish anything in any medium, I might say summat about it.

:3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70873 on: February 07, 2012, 08:43:03 pm »

I kinda disagree, he seems like he would be fun to know in person. It's just when he hears about things through the grapevine he just reacts, like the Yogscast thing, the Minecraft Survival Guide thing, the Bethesda lawsuit, ad infinitum. Normally a decent quality but when broadcast to millions of people over the internet things can get hairy.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70874 on: February 07, 2012, 08:44:14 pm »

What was the Yogscast thing anyway? I never really heard how it panned out.
Pages: 1 ... 4723 4724 [4725] 4726 4727 ... 13325