Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755007 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69630 on: January 20, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »

Yeah... that's the attitude I was afraid you were conveying there.

Okay, I couldn't resist, but I spoiled just in case. Feel free to ignore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:52:05 pm by GlyphGryph »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69631 on: January 20, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »

Fine by me, I'm sick of this stuff anyway  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #69632 on: January 20, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

So apparently SOPA/PIPA have been indefinitely put on hold
Not gonna shut people up, sadly.
These particular bills are shelved. That does not mean that the media corps are not going to resurrect them in the future.

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.  It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69633 on: January 20, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

Finally beat the Sacred Grounds in Cave Story!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Completing the game in this fashion has also unlocked the extra hard optional challenges.

The Nemesis challenge was the first to be unlocked, gotten when you get the Nemesis for the first time. It's bullshit hard even for an optional challenge. I mean, it's bad enough that you have to do that entire thing with just the Nemesis, but also the fact that you only have 10 hp, the v0.8 booster, have to navigate a long series of difficult platforms above certain death the entire way, and face atleast a dozen or more enemies that spam projectiles all of which drop exp crystals. I started making good progress, and I got the V2.0 booster some ways through, but it would seem that the only way to progress after that is to get up in a tiny hole surrounded by spikes that all instakill you. I haven't gotten further than that.

I'm really liking the wind fortress though, if only because the challenge isn't tremendous like the Nemesis challenge, and it plays out like some bizarre non-canon fan fiction with an alternate floating island and an army of evil naked Curly's that all seemingly want to cannibalize you.

Boss Rush is hella fun. Nuff said.

And then there's the Sacred Grounds speedrun, at your convenience so you don't need a save file at the spot to do it. Trying it out though, it's actually much harder than an actual run through, since while the game is happy to give you 55 starting health and Booster V2.0 to start, your choice of weapons is limited. Meaning you can pick and choose any weapon you want, so long as it's not the Machine Gun, Wavy gun thing the roaches give you, or the rocket launcher. That's killer man, the rocket launcher was like the only weapon I used other than the Spur due to it's incredible DPS. It hurts so much to not be able to use it. Also, no Health Pot, now that's mean.

I guess I might try going through the game again on Curly's Story, where you play as Curly and there's alot of new dialogue for herself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:54:37 pm by JoshuaFH »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69634 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:19 pm »

All I need is the Spur and Nemisis. The damage of two of them is enough to compete with the rocket launcher.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69635 on: January 20, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »

I never managed to finish the Sacred Grounds in the original Cave Story, now I'm playing through Plus and I am paralyzed with indecision on whether to go down and talk to to Booster.  I'm already on the path to saving Curly, so I feel like I should leave him and get the 2.0, but I am so sick of not-flying.

What a bastard trick decision Booster is for anyone playing the game the first time.  Your every instinct is to go down there.  If no one told you what you're "supposed" to do, you'd never ever think to do it.

And yeah, Real Men use Spur for everything.

EDIT: And, getting the missile powerup right after that, Pixel worked in an Achievement reference to The South Park Movie.  Wut?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:06:00 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69636 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »

I never managed to finish the Sacred Grounds in the original Cave Story, now I'm playing through Plus and I am paralyzed with indecision on whether to go down and talk to to Booster.  I'm already on the path to saving Curly, so I feel like I should leave him and get the 2.0, but I am so sick of not-flying.

What a bastard trick decision Booster is for anyone playing the game the first time.  Your every instinct is to go down there.  If no one told you what you're "supposed" to do, you'd never ever think to do it.

And yeah, Real Men use Spur for everything.

It's not only really instinctive to go down there, but it's hard to not go down there. I had to quit and reload at the conveniently located save spot atleast 15 times before I finally made the obscenely tricky jump across the gap and avoided falling into the pit with him. If you fall in, you need the V0.8 Booster to get out, and that drove me nuts. I actually had to fight Balrog at half health and nearly no missiles cause I just couldn't make the jump to the refilling station above the door.

And the only hint you get that you did something wrong is a note at the end of the game saying that Booster could make the V2.0 if he had longer to live, but who would think that ignoring his death scene would cause him to not only not die, but to continue on to build the thing you need? It's more than counterintuitive, I'm tempted to call it malicious design.

RESPONSEEDITTOYOUREDIT: I love the achievement for getting the Spur the most.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69637 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »

At least in the original Cave Story there's a little red nub on the ground where Booster is.  If you jump exactly when you hit that nub you'll clear the gap every time.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69638 on: January 20, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »

At least in the original Cave Story there's a little red nub on the ground where Booster is.  If you jump exactly when you hit that nub you'll clear the gap every time.

That's in Plus too, and that's like your one and hint that you have the option of doing something other than going down there.

And it really does beg the question of why and how he survives (and fixes the teleporter down there) if you don't go down to "help" him.  I actually considered it part of his character - he's so damn stubborn that if he doesn't have someone to soliloquize to, he just does not die.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69639 on: January 20, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »

Finished reading A Game of Thrones this morning and will have to order the next soon. Still avoiding the TV series of it for the moment. George R.R. Martin seems to be good at creating memorable characters.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69640 on: January 20, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »

After my band teacher told a story about his band teacher who laughed at him for Transposing Barbie Girl I hammered it out in like 1 minute.

T'was fun.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69641 on: January 20, 2012, 08:55:28 pm »

My grandma sent me a package that I had ordered and sent to her house~
She also sent me a copy of rocky horror~~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69642 on: January 20, 2012, 08:58:04 pm »

I beat the Wind Fortress Challenge, though the hardest part about it is making all the tricky jumps in the beginning, then the evil Curlys. The boss at the end is a chump. Kind of makes me wish the setting were more flushed out though, since it looks really interesting.

Also, got to Ballos' last form in the Boss Rush Challenge, then died. I'd FU-, but that's some good progress achieved given the miniscule amount of time invested into beating it. I swear I must be missing some of the missile upgrades though, since the boss rush mimics the equipment you'd have at each boss at that particular part of the game as closely as it can, but I didn't have 50+ missiles when I got to Ballos. Where could they be?

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMjmly46iNw&feature=g-u-u&context=G2cca18cFUAAAAAAAAAA

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69643 on: January 20, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69644 on: January 20, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »

I got my computer back after having it wiped. It's running a lot better now. Now I'm working on re-installing everything.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 13325