Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4501 4502 [4503] 4504 4505 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781027 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67530 on: December 13, 2011, 05:28:00 am »

Haven't really noticed any gender disparity in any of my classes, with the sole exception of a drawing class I took that had about 4 guys and 16 women.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67531 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:55 am »

I went to a boarding school that wasnt co-ed

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67532 on: December 13, 2011, 06:45:15 am »

I am really late for the welcoming party of Vector, but still, welcome back.

Also, I can't seem to wrap my head around on how to play the piano, since it's been so long since the last time I've read sheet music, and regularly practicing the piano. Any tips, and/or video tutors that you guys can impart?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67533 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:19 am »

Should I upload my horribly buggy and vaguely funny game i found today and dusted off? I think so. I'd have to fix the critical bugs first.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67534 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:38 am »

Stayed up all night to be ready for a job interview at 9AM.  Okay, so I have to drive clear across DFW in the morning rush hour, navigate a downtown I'm not familiar with, sit through whatever process they have without cracking, and try not to get distracted by the fact that this is the first actual interview I've been called to for a full-time job with salaried pay nearly one year to the day since graduating college.

But holy shit, job interview.  Finally.

And I don't know where to mention this, but Happy thread is as good as anywhere.  Wikipedia's "appeals" banners make me laugh, because they are some terribly non-photogenic people.  Maryana Pinchuk looks like her face was crushed in a vice, damn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67535 on: December 13, 2011, 07:36:36 am »

Good luck with that interview Aqizzar.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67536 on: December 13, 2011, 08:17:42 am »

Stayed up all night to be ready for a job interview at 9AM.  Okay, so I have to drive clear across DFW in the morning rush hour, navigate a downtown I'm not familiar with, sit through whatever process they have without cracking, and try not to get distracted by the fact that this is the first actual interview I've been called to for a full-time job with salaried pay nearly one year to the day since graduating college.

But holy shit, job interview.  Finally.

And I don't know where to mention this, but Happy thread is as good as anywhere.  Wikipedia's "appeals" banners make me laugh, because they are some terribly non-photogenic people.  Maryana Pinchuk looks like her face was crushed in a vice, damn.

I read "drive clear across DFW in morning rush hour" and instantly felt sympathy. Been there, done that. May the dwarves be with you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67537 on: December 13, 2011, 08:38:38 am »

This made me happy.

Anyone SW fan I should hug and stand together against common threat? :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #67538 on: December 13, 2011, 08:42:48 am »

Good luck, Aqizzar.

Re: achievement gap: I dunno. I'm a straight male intellectual, so, for practical reasons, I don't whine very much about the achievement gap- more datable women, and affirmative action works in my favor. I know a lot of male knuckleheads who couldn't care less about education, unfortunately. I'm tempted to label them short-sighted idiots, and I know that's being short-sighted, but as an intellectual, that's the way I feel...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67539 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:43 am »

The stereotype where I live has always ran the opposite way, with the accepted knowledge being that girls are better at academic stuff like math then boyos. So. Yeah.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67540 on: December 13, 2011, 09:16:14 am »

Around here the stereotype is that girls are better at academics except for the sciences and the vocational classes. They tend to do better in mathematics, language, and history. There are obviously exceptions, but it just seems that way. My calculus class last year had 11 girls and 3 boys.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67541 on: December 13, 2011, 11:04:14 am »

Around here the stereotype is that girls are better at academics except for the sciences and the vocational classes. They tend to do better in mathematics, language, and history. There are obviously exceptions, but it just seems that way. My calculus class last year had 11 girls and 3 boys.
Inverse here.  My Chemistry class is packed with women and my Math/Engineering/CSE are 90% guys.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67542 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »

This made me happy.

Anyone SW fan I should hug and stand together against common threat? :D

Hehe I saw that the other day.  George Takei is such a hilarious guy.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67543 on: December 13, 2011, 12:32:55 pm »

If I remember correctly, I put Nidoking to be larger, plus a nasty poison injection. Surprisingly, Nidoking was taken down early on, I forget how until I check the log of the battle I took. Decapitated by Sandslash, I think. I know Sandslash decapitated someone.
I need to correct this, Nidoking took a Razor Leaf to the head from Venusaur, Venusaur got decapitated by Sandslash. And then Sandslash took a Razor Leaf headshot from Ivysaur, who then got decapitated for Charizard for the final kill of the battle.

Also, taking a page from Janet's old Oblivion pics:
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67544 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:21 pm »

Just watched this.  Aww yeah, that was corny and cool at the same time.  Never change Hitman.
Pages: 1 ... 4501 4502 [4503] 4504 4505 ... 13325