Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4482 4483 [4484] 4485 4486 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15743497 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67245 on: December 06, 2011, 01:42:45 pm »

Woah the musician of Tarboy has a website where she gives out the album for free.  And has a button for donations.

Shine on, you crazy diamond child of the internet  :o

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67246 on: December 06, 2011, 02:30:56 pm »

Got our Christmas tree put up last night. Can't wait to see my son's reaction. So far, he's reacted to Christmas lights in the way that he responds to most everything new: pointing and screaming a word or two at the top of his lungs.

"LIGHT!!!! PWETTY LIGHT!!!!!!!"

The other day he saw a mockingbird hopping around on the roof of a car, and he screamed "BIRD!!!!!!!" into my ear in the tone of voice usually reserved to warn of incoming hostile fire.

Also, we found two strings of LED lights that we must have bought last year and forgotten about. They're all pink. (wtf?)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67247 on: December 06, 2011, 03:16:33 pm »

Re: Sunshine.

Kaneda, what can you see?

God I love this movie.
It was delightfully terrible. I don't have time to list all the comments on it I have.

That Brian Cox was the guy on set who they asked science questions. I heard him say they tried making the ship move silently when the camera was outside but that it felt wrong. Despite it's flaws I enjoyed the first chunk of the film with it's pretty views.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67248 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »

I don't know why the QWOP meme is so very amusing to me. But it is. I just skimmed through KnowYourMeme's image gallery for QWOP, and damn near hurt myself trying to stifle my giggles.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #67249 on: December 06, 2011, 04:59:08 pm »

I don't know why the QWOP meme is so very amusing to me. But it is. I just skimmed through KnowYourMeme's image gallery for QWOP, and damn near hurt myself trying to stifle my giggles.
I didn't know QWOP had a knowyourmeme page. Should have guessed

*reads some images*
CANNOT... OXYGEN... UHG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67250 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:34 pm »

Dinner was awesome, and seeing my daughter again was awesome, and life in general is awesome.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67251 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »

Also awesome (in a so bad a translation is good way): Viet Crystal.
Makes no dang sense at ll if you've never played pokemon crystal, but if you have, :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67252 on: December 06, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »

I have no idea what it is, but trying to find matches playing DotP is downright disturbing.

Now, just finding a match is a hard part in itself.

I click on a match, and 90% of the time I get this:

Joining
Joining
Joining
The room was either full or something or other! Try again later. (Paraphrased)

And all that takes about 20 seconds of doing nothing but staring at the screen and hoping a miracle happens and I can play with someone, and I do this about 10 times before I get any results. I try to make a game and host it myself, but NOONE comes in! I'm the unloved one in the game lobby. I'm not sure if it's my connection, because it's kind of iffy, but I have no trouble whatsoever connection to Terraria servers, so I don't think this would be any different.

Sometimes the miracle does happen, and I do get to play with someone... and I honestly can't tell if I'm actually playing against a real person or not. Sometimes they play great, sometimes they play lousy, that doesn't matter, THERE'S NO INTERACTION!

I say "HI! How ya doin! Let's have a good game" cause I just feel like being courteous and friendly. I straight up wouldn't even be playing online if it weren't for the human element, I want to actually socialize and be part of the community and get to know people and get to be known myself.

These people will have NONE of that though, my cries fall on deaf ears, and they play while remaining completely indifferent to my attempts to start up a conversation. I say anything to try to prod a response out of these people, but against everything I throw at them, they remain completely silent and mute. I think they don't know how to use the in-game chat function, I tell them how: still nothing. I think maybe they speak a different language, even though they have an English romanized screenname, and I ask as much: still nothing.

And yet, in the sixth game, he does something that looked suspiciously like rage quitting and hands me the victory.

I mean, seriously, even the devilishly, unforgivably frantic and fast korean Starcraft players can eek out a "glfh" and "gg" as the game starts and ends, there's no excuse in a laid back game like MTG.

Besides all that, of the six games I played against the dude, I still went 5 wins to 1 loss. Very good if I say so myself.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67253 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:46 pm »

Huh. I might grab DotP now that I know there's B12'ers that play. I played the heck out of the old, old Microprose M:TG game against the computer.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67254 on: December 06, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »

Ha, I remember the Micropose version. So fiendishly bad.

But yeah, I'd be glad to play. Send the challenge anytime.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and be sure to pick up the 2012 version, not the original which is a separate game entirely. And then pick up the expansion and the extra decks March to War and Ghoulkeeper. Just so you're on even footing with everyone else in the world.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:28:41 pm by JoshuaFH »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67255 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

Just went from being salaried to hourly waged.

Why is this good? because now I get paid extra for overtime, and I don't have a life anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67256 on: December 06, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Awesome. Salaries are companies' way of suckering you into working less than minimum wage. (Or at least less than the advertised wage/work effort.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #67257 on: December 06, 2011, 09:24:11 pm »

Its the end of no shave november and I have a thick mane.

Now, I can't use a normal razor. And the electric razor/trimmer my ex bought me? The charger is at her place.

So I cut the charging port out of it and rigged an alternative charger to it. Its not a perfect match, but despite pushing 5 times the rated amps through it, it hasn't caught fire yet.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67258 on: December 06, 2011, 09:27:43 pm »

Awesome. Salaries are companies' way of suckering you into working less than minimum wage. (Or at least less than the advertised wage/work effort.)

Actually, in my case, it meant that I could come a bit late without too much trouble.

But we have more work than we have people/time to do it, so the boss needed a way to convince us to work longer hours.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67259 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:12 pm »

Sounds like a pretty good tradeoff, though.

Around here businesses try to get people on salaries and then ask them to come in when they're not scheduled to work. Most people don't agree, and don't have to, because of the unions, but the non-union workers get screwed over.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4482 4483 [4484] 4485 4486 ... 13325