Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4420 4421 [4422] 4423 4424 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788298 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66315 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:51 pm »

too busy to slack off.

I'm convinced that that's actually not a thing.

^ This man is correct, because seriously, I've been majorly slacking off all semester (largely due to burnout/not feeling like expending my full energy, haha ::)).  The reason why I'm doing so well is... well, first, I'm the most well-read person, period, in both of my rhetoric courses, I have more foreign-language experience than anyone else in my German course, and I started my math education with a trial by fire so relentlessly brutal that everything coming afterwards has been easy-peasy by comparison.

The next month or so, I'm going to have to be really serious, because I want/need A's on all of my final exams, to ensure my grades settling up past the A- mark.  The thing that's been keeping me from that all semester is a lack of attention to detail (thanks in part to not studying enough, thus making me more worried about large details than small ones), so I have to really bare my teeth and finish these last few weeks snarling.

Still, the more time that goes by, the more I begin to realize that I actually am pretty good at all of this stuff, and passionate.  The time since high school has really changed me a lot more than I thought it would.  Not just in a forward-moving way, but a backward-moving one--I used to be a lot more aggressive when I was younger, and somehow, rather than mellowing out, my well of energy is replenishing itself with fire.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66316 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:25 pm »

Hmmm... Vector-based steam engine = infinite energy? Energy crisis solved. I'll be waiting for my Nobel prize.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66317 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »

too busy to slack off.

I'm convinced that that's actually not a thing. Or I have the opposite thing. It seems like the more I have to do, the more I slack off.
Well, I still slacked off, but rather than wait until the last night before finals to write my term papers, I started like three days before finals because I knew there was no possible way I could do 55 pages in a single night. 55 pages in 3 days wasn't much better (especially with basically ZERO sleep for those three days) but at least it meant I was only marginally insane and left myself a slim possibility of success. And then succeeded like a sleep-deprived boss.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66318 on: November 16, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »

Hmmm... Vector-based steam engine = infinite energy? Energy crisis solved. I'll be waiting for my Nobel prize.
She hears about it and outworks you to produce something even better?

Also, I have officially gotten into college as of today. Huzzah for me probably not actually going untold hours up north for school but still being able to if I choose.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66319 on: November 16, 2011, 04:43:14 pm »

This looks quite awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66320 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »

This belongs either here or the WTF thread. Probably here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66321 on: November 16, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »

Sounds good, yes.
Sounds like it will expand from Italy in any form, no. :(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66322 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

Stupid thought of the day:

Today while frying some ham slices, I was in a hurry so I was cooking it at a much higher temperature than normal. The grease from the ham is splattering at me while I'm repositioning the slices with a fork, but the little grease droplets are getting stopped from touching the bare flesh on my hand from how hairy they are, and thus I avoid burn after burn. For so long I've been so embarrassed of my hairy hands, and finally they prove to be useful.

I'm sorry guys, but it would seem that I'm the next stage of human evolution.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66323 on: November 16, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

Turns out I got a good bass voice.

Also this speech is truly inspiring. I much prefer it with music.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #66324 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:40 pm »

I played some more Skyrim with my lizard wizard assassin guy, and with some tips from Rozy I killed a giant at level 7! That was awesome.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66325 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:05 pm »

I killed giants in early levels as a wood elf by commanding mammoths to fight for me, and pew-pewing their health away while kept busy.  Also, this game is not unique in that you can run to some place the giant can't follow you, wait for it to walk away, run out and shoot it a few times... repeat.  Basically anything without a ranged attack is too easy if you abuse AI limitations.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66326 on: November 16, 2011, 06:54:04 pm »

Marina Tsvetaeva, translating her, everything.  No wonder Brodsky said she was the best poet who wrote in the 20th century.  Wow.

Of course, I'm very tired now.  But she's fucking amazing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66327 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »

You should share. <_<

Also, my happy today: shared cookies with an Individual Who Is Of Interest To Me.
Does it mean anything? Probably not, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, and that's what matters.

Edit: Oh ye gods why is my cheesy silly thing the start of a new page.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:29:48 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66328 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »

Ninji-town, no pony.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66329 on: November 16, 2011, 07:50:42 pm »

I met a girl who actually knows stuff about video games (Not saying that girls normally wouldn't, just that there are little to no girls that are nerds in my school.) and we had a discussion relating to Diablo 3, our general dislike of the Call of Duty Series, and our opinions on the "popular" books that teenagers read today.

I'm just happy that I can talk to someone about serious stuff like politics, that knows more of it than any of my friends.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4420 4421 [4422] 4423 4424 ... 13325