Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789838 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66285 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:15 pm »

We have a friend who works at the shop, so we end up with most of it.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66286 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »

Installed xfce. Much better than Unity, which sucks. Or Gnome 3 as a whole, for that matter.

Also my birthday.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66287 on: November 15, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »

Been watching these all day. Haven't laughed so hard.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:11:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66289 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:15 am »

Just found the fucking motherlode of Dragonball fanfiction.  Seriously, I haven't gotten this lucky for years, other than the little blip that happened with the Watchmen kink meme.  Holy cow :D

Who gives a shit if it's mental candy?  It makes me happy, and that's important right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66290 on: November 16, 2011, 12:14:36 am »

wow
Kinda reminds me of Ghost in the Shell.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66291 on: November 16, 2011, 01:48:24 am »

Thanksgiving Food Drive at my school. The ASB runs a competition to see which 4th period class donates the most food, and then they get a pizza party. A number of classes have all decided to boycott the food drive and just donate directly. We've all gotten a little tired of the ASB assuming we need an incentive to donate food to people who need it. Especially a food incentive. The money they spend on that should be going to the food bank, that's the whole point of the drive.

Happy: students doing things together!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66292 on: November 16, 2011, 02:04:02 am »

Finally finished watching the entirety of Star Trek: Deep Space 9, Good Series...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #66293 on: November 16, 2011, 02:48:38 am »

I just learned that I can make awesome pasta/meat dishes.
くコ:彡

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66294 on: November 16, 2011, 02:53:07 am »

I finally got my new laptop. So speedy!

Uh... Question though. If said laptop comes preloaded with Windows 7 Premium can you just pop in the disc for Windows 7 Pro (free through my school) and it'll upgrade the existing OS or am I going to have to do a wipe and install the new OS? I have found out about the Windows Anytime Upgrade thing but unfortunately it only takes upgrade keys, not cd keys.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #66295 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:08 am »

It's actually absurd how much food goes to waste that way. Food banks around here have warehouses of surplus food from local businesses.
At the supermarket I work at we throw away a lot of food, stuff I'd eat no less. I wasn't so bothered when I found out a load of people who live nearby came in the night to pillage the bins. Sadly they got caught and now we sent it all away somewhere. We once binned £1000 worth of strawberries despite the staff being willing to pay for a good deal of it.

In happier news I'm enjoying Slaughterhouse 5 so far.

Edit: I am a fool it's 5 not 7, thanks Il Palazzo, in my defence I'd just finished a ten hour night shift.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:06:21 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66296 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:12 am »

"7"?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66297 on: November 16, 2011, 05:21:41 am »

It's actually absurd how much food goes to waste that way. Food banks around here have warehouses of surplus food from local businesses.
At the supermarket I work at we throw away a lot of food, stuff I'd eat no less. I wasn't so bothered when I found out a load of people who live nearby came in the night to pillage the bins. Sadly they got caught and now we sent it all away somewhere.
Why would you keep people from taking things from trashcans? What sort of massive tightwad would do something like that?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66298 on: November 16, 2011, 05:27:49 am »

At the supermarket I work at we throw away a lot of food, stuff I'd eat no less. I wasn't so bothered when I found out a load of people who live nearby came in the night to pillage the bins. Sadly they got caught and now we sent it all away somewhere.
Why would you keep people from taking things from trashcans? What sort of massive tightwad would do something like that?
It's because you don't want people looking for food in your dumpsters, as it's not only bad publicity for your market, it can end up with one institution or the other giving you trouble over health and safety standards or whatnot.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66299 on: November 16, 2011, 06:22:42 am »

There's some interesting reading out there about freeganism and dumpster diving.  Puts a lot of things in perspective.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 13325