Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4408 4409 [4410] 4411 4412 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796171 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66135 on: November 12, 2011, 03:00:33 pm »

Pretty much~
I'm part of the anime and manga club at my school, but it's called the 'production club' because it sounds better~

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66136 on: November 12, 2011, 03:03:31 pm »

If it has the word "club" in it, it's a sure bet. Unless immediately preceded by "gentlemen's", but that seems unlikely in your case. Additionally, anything productive that is a hobby, including production of entertainment and suchlike. There's some other stuff too, like I think you can use martial arts training too, but I'm not really sure.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66137 on: November 12, 2011, 03:13:24 pm »

Tell them you are a leader in your local mafia group.

Maybe find a word for the game other then mafia.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66138 on: November 12, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »

This is a stupid question, and I know this thread isn't really suited to it, but:

What do you guys think counts as an extra-curricular activity?  I'm applying to international student housing, and I'm not sure if I have anything to list other than my poetry translation stuff.

Kendo?

EDIT: Yeah, and your anime club, even if you're not doing that much with it right now. I was going to say you could list Dwarf Fortress, but then I remembered you don't actually play. >_<

DOUBLE EDIT: You could also say that you moderate a roundtable discussion on progressivism and current issues.  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:43:53 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66139 on: November 12, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

I only practice that on my own, though, because I can't actually go to a dojo due to distance ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66140 on: November 12, 2011, 03:45:00 pm »

It's still something you do. Extracurricular doesn't have to mean "official formal activity with other people".

Geneaology is one of my 'extracurriculars', and it's more or less a solo hobby.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66141 on: November 12, 2011, 03:49:19 pm »

Oh, okay.  Well, I just turned the application in, so it may be a bit late for that... but I did mention that I've played mafia and practice kendo some on my own, read extensively, blah blah blah.  And that I've studied 10+ languages :D

If I don't get in this semester, which I'm praying I will, I'll try for next semester with the roundtable discussion and mafia group leader thingus.  I really, really want to move out of here, and into somewhere where I'll be able to pursue the basic requirements of life without all this goddamned fuss =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66142 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

The 10+ languages should help (although you have to careful...a handful of languages is easily believeable...10 arouses suspicions). Just sayin*.

*Pay no attention to the entire shelf of foreign language dictionaries in my library...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66143 on: November 12, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

I said that I speak 5 (which I do) and have a little experience with 5 others (also true).

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66144 on: November 12, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »

In about wednesday to friday, a DBZ game I ordered should arrive. I'm so excited.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66145 on: November 12, 2011, 04:21:35 pm »

In about wednesday to friday, a DBZ game I ordered should arrive. I'm so excited.

Bawww, I'm excited for you, too.  Is it the new one?  I can't remember the name.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66146 on: November 12, 2011, 04:26:07 pm »

Bawww, I'm excited for you, too.  Is it the new one?  I can't remember the name.
Nope, it's Budokai 3.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66147 on: November 12, 2011, 04:27:24 pm »

Nope, it's Budokai 3.

Oh, that one's pretty fun, too.  Have a good time!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66148 on: November 12, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »

So, been at my 'Dad's' or should I say his neighbor/friend's house, which is ridiculous.  This was a good idea.  I feel like I'm in some strange world where I'm always doing weird things whenever the chance comes up.

I should have brought a flashdrive though.  :V

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66149 on: November 12, 2011, 04:29:22 pm »

I said that I speak 5 (which I do) and have a little experience with 5 others (also true).

It saddens me to think of how many languages I used to be semi-fluent in. I pick up new languages crazy fast...and if I don't keep using them I forget them crazy fast too.  :-[

Pages: 1 ... 4408 4409 [4410] 4411 4412 ... 13325