Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4410 4411 [4412] 4413 4414 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794676 times)

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66165 on: November 12, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »

I'm playing Mount & Blade: Warband, with the Prophesies of Pendor Mod. My army is 110 strong, mostly made out of Empire troops with some Pendor Heavy Archers. Had an awesome moment where I funneled an army of 140 over a bridge and absolutely crushed them with my 20 Legionnaires and some archer support.

The Legionnaires were three ranks deep, shields up. I ran behind them with my halberd, swinging it over into the crush of arms. We killed over two hundred, and only one legionnaire died, with some others wounded and a few archers killed by arrows. :o
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66166 on: November 13, 2011, 12:04:04 am »

My mother's got a steady enough job that I'm getting Arkham City and Skyrim for Christmas  :D

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66167 on: November 13, 2011, 12:07:41 am »

My mother's got a steady enough job that I'm getting Arkham City and Skyrim for Christmas  :D
You lucky bastard.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66168 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:57 am »

29,800 words.
What the hell are you guys reading?!?

Seriously, the only word I got out of the last column was "caitiff", and that was kind of a fluke.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #66169 on: November 13, 2011, 01:09:10 am »

29,800 words.

Seriously, the only word I got out of the last column was "caitiff", and that was kind of a fluke.

Read D&D manuals. it expands your vocabulary.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66170 on: November 13, 2011, 01:11:06 am »

Chaucer and Shakespeare really help.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66171 on: November 13, 2011, 01:15:59 am »

Yeah I didn't expect to get too much.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66172 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:42 am »

Awesome night last night. I recall alcohol, and bacon, and little else. I just know it was awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66173 on: November 13, 2011, 01:42:04 am »

Tell me you didn't do bacon grease and jack daniel's shots.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66174 on: November 13, 2011, 01:44:10 am »

I don't think so, but I can not say with any level of certainty.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66175 on: November 13, 2011, 02:00:55 am »

29,800 words.

Dictionaries maybe?

Yeah vocabulary can be weird. Like how there's the french-derived "legerdemain" even though there's the perfectly fine "sleight of hand". Or the previously metioned imbroglio which simply means "plot" and is a less funny wrod to say.
This would be because French > English even in England, up until the 1800s or so. So if you were some country bumpkin, you'd say "sleight of hand" or even "trickery". If you were an educated noblesse or noveau riche, you would quoth "legerdemain".

This is why I'm not worried about mly language, or any other, "dying" (in the "OHMYGOD there are English words being used for all the new and cool things!!! Soon NOBODY WILL SPEAK SWEDISH!!!!1!1!!" kind of way). You literally can't put on any clothes without using French words, and try using the toilet or any related products. Or even just bending verbs into adjectives without German. Yet these words are so Swedish nobody even realises they're foreign in origin.

Much irony can be had when people describe their English-phobia using French words, too.
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66176 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:48 am »

Well, I just saw an old friend today, and my dad just came up for the weekend. Good times indeed :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66177 on: November 13, 2011, 02:32:56 am »

SHAD0Wdump accidentally said "Self misogyny" when he meant so say "Masochist". The result was like 2-4 minutes of laughter from him and me while I barely typed this out.

Rozy~♥: ......
Rozy~♥: MIS... OGA... WHA
Rozy~♥: HOLD ON
Rozy~♥: POURING
Rozy~♥: WATER
Rozy~♥: INTO
Rozy~♥: MY
Rozy~♥: BRAIN
Rozy~♥: YOU SET IT ON FIRE
Rozy~♥: DOES NOT COMPUTE
Rozy~♥: ERROR
Rozy~♥: SYSTEM MAY BE REBOOTING OR TURNING INTO MOLTEN SLAG
Rozy~♥: PLEASE INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE A
Rozy~♥: NON SYSTEM DISK DETECTED
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:56:42 am by Janet »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66178 on: November 13, 2011, 02:35:48 am »

My jaw, stomache, and temples felt like they were on fire.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66179 on: November 13, 2011, 02:37:31 am »

Well at least your BRAIN DOESN'T FEEL LIKE MOLTEN CORIUM IN THE MELTDOWN THAT'S MY HEAD.

At this rate Ill need to encase my head in concrete and make an exclusion zone.
Pages: 1 ... 4410 4411 [4412] 4413 4414 ... 13325