Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753035 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63735 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:12 pm »

That formatting is plain inspired. I'm gonna try that some time.

Awww, edit it back! It made no sense, but it was great!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63736 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »

My harpoon-hurling horse-surfing truenaming old man has proven moderately effective in D&D 3.5.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63737 on: October 07, 2011, 11:44:39 pm »

This twitter.

It's full of love.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63738 on: October 07, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »

After spending five or six hours completely failing to create music, I find I now appreciate music a lot more.
I honestly give up at this, it was a good experience though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63739 on: October 08, 2011, 12:02:51 am »

Not so strange... failing or screwing up is how we learn. If it's something you want to be able to do, buck up and keep on failing. Eventually, failing will get harder to do... and eventually what might seem like failing to you now would have seemed like success back then.

You're going to keep comparing yourself against the ceiling of your own potential, and thus always feel a bit disappointed with your performance... but there comes a point when you've practiced enough that what looks like failing to you looks like incredible success to everyone else. At that point, and on the road to that point, make sure you compare yourself against where you have been, and appreciate the difference.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63740 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:24 am »

Arabasta and Skypia were much too long.  Much much too long.  I would say it starts getting better when the Water 7 saga starts.  Although that fact that Oda based the Skypia villain after Eminem is pretty awesome.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63741 on: October 08, 2011, 12:09:37 am »

I played TF2. And I was actually competant. Yay! I'm not as shit as I thought!
Invite me over so I may prove you wrong.

Feel the oncoming storm of 1200 hours played.
Ok, I've totally got to play you sometime.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63742 on: October 08, 2011, 12:22:48 am »

I didn't mind the length of the Arabasta arc so much, because Sir Crocodile was an awesome villain and there were some epic fights.  Skypeia was far too long though.  I loved Water Seven because Sogeking, the King of Snipers, from Sniper Island (it's in your heart) was introduced then, setting Usopp up to become badass!  Or at least less un-badass.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63743 on: October 08, 2011, 12:23:22 am »

Finally, the time nears to retrieve my car. And then, very-early-morning grocery shopping! Because fuck going back to that apartment without a way to impair my sense of hearing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63744 on: October 08, 2011, 12:44:11 am »

Not so strange... failing or screwing up is how we learn. If it's something you want to be able to do, buck up and keep on failing. Eventually, failing will get harder to do... and eventually what might seem like failing to you now would have seemed like success back then.

You're going to keep comparing yourself against the ceiling of your own potential, and thus always feel a bit disappointed with your performance... but there comes a point when you've practiced enough that what looks like failing to you looks like incredible success to everyone else. At that point, and on the road to that point, make sure you compare yourself against where you have been, and appreciate the difference.

Thanks.
Really, thanks.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63745 on: October 08, 2011, 12:50:14 am »

Wow, bought a new laptop and Fable 3 for cheaps, i am on a roll today!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63746 on: October 08, 2011, 12:58:12 am »

I somehow managed to be in the position of possibly writing small parts of dialogue/unimportant side characters for a Fallout New Vegas mod.

Im just excited I can actually write for something that isn't just going to sit on my computer for all eternity :D
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #63747 on: October 08, 2011, 01:29:20 am »

This twitter.

It's full of love.
I never knew the Dalai Lama had a twitter... That's really cool though.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63748 on: October 08, 2011, 01:41:43 am »

This twitter.

It's full of love.

Wait, this is the guy who until the Chinese took over was advocating practicing slavery?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63749 on: October 08, 2011, 02:16:01 am »

Not to start a shitstorm, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of armchair warriors willing to fight over to death that life under the Dalai Lama was shitty and backwards and spewing all kinds of propaganda either way - well, under pre-communist Tibet it was no picnic but the tribal system in place was not in fact the Dalai Lama endorsing systematic slavery - no matter what a bunch of websites say.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:59:31 pm by KaelGotDwarves »
Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 13325